Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread - Mr. Monk and the End (2) (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 101
    And so the series comes to the end (barring any future reunion movies). So this'll be the last episode discussion thread.

Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 12/4/09 episode "Mr. Monk and the End (2)" to this thread.

Enjoy! And catch you in USA's infinite reruns...
    Edited on 12/01/2009 12:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 23
    First!

I am definetly looking forward to this episode. I just hope the writers came up with some amazing plot twist for this one, because it seems kind of obvious who "the guy" is.

Abriel004

[3]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 8
    Will they be rerunning this episode during the weekend or anytime soon? I am absolutely sure this episode will be missed because of a holiday dinner dance that runs to 10pm. We have no way of recording the episode and we don't have tivo. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Grasswidow

[4]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    Yes, it is very obvious. The Judge. I just hope they don't kill Monk off, but I guess they don't want a reunion on down the road. It would have been really nice if Monk could have met another lady like Trudy and go on and do what he does best. I wish they would kill House off and be done with that show.

BigRedNev

[5]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 22

He'll be cured, poison, neurosis et al; then he'll marry Natalie. Does look like it'll be the judge but who knows, Chief of Police perhaps? Maybe it's Randy ;-)

BTRAV

[6]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 27
    That would be kinda badass - like the whole ineptitude thing was an elaborate act. But that's probably not it.

Larexx

[7]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 11

[QUOTE="Abriel004"]Will they be rerunning this episode during the weekend or anytime soon? I am absolutely sure this episode will be missed because of a holiday dinner dance that runs to 10pm. We have no way of recording the episode and we don't have tivo. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :

Mr. Monk and the End II will repeat at Midnight Friday and again Sunday morning, Dec 6th at 10am. I hope this helps!

I have been a big fan of Monk's from the beginning. His OCD has been over the top sometimes but he was always brilliant and very enjoyable to watch. I will miss him! I hope they don't kill him off. Long live Monk!

kravitzfan12

[8]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 34
    Here's a link to a nice interview Comcast conducted with Jason Gray-Stanford. He gives us a few hints at what happens in the finale and some nice insight on the life and legacy of Monk:

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news/monk-finale-full-of-thrilling-changes-and-a-finale-song

syrusfan

[9]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 38
    It seems to imply Randy will quit the police force.

noname2222pl

[10]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    all the episodes come on hulu.com its a free legal web site. the only thing is that i think you will haft to wait 14 days after the show airs. =( it might be a little sooner than that but its still better than missing it.

DrAvatar

[11]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    syrusfan wrote:
    It seems to imply Randy will quit the police force.
    Pretty obvious over the past few episode he's going to end up with Sharona, even if he has to leave.

Melzias

[12]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 7

The Toxicologist clearly stated if they could find the source of the poison, monk could be treated or cured. Keep that in mind going forward for those who are convinced his fate is sealed already.

Really looking forward to tonight's episode, and regardless of the outcome will miss the show tremendously.

Gislef

[13]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 101
    noname2222pl wrote:
    all the episodes come on hulu.com its a free legal web site. the only thing is that i think you will haft to wait 14 days after the show airs. =( it might be a little sooner than that but its still better than missing it.

They release the episode on Hulu just before the next episode airs. What that means when there is no next episode, isn't clear. Hopefully they'll post on Hulu in 6-7 days.

And odds are, Monk will figure out how he's been poisoned. The safe bet is:

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 12/04/2009 9:11am
    Edited 4 total times.

halfpintingals

[14]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 7

I am excited to see the end tonight. Sad, cause no more. But excited to see how it ends and who all did what an how it ends. Should be exiting.

Thanks for mods and all here for being good and keeping everything in one message and thread. Over at some other boards, there will be one thread on the episode, and everyone should post under it like here. Instead, that is that thread and people open up multiple threads on ideas, theories, and stuff on that episode. And it takes forever to read them all. So thanks all. This board is not cluttered, and easy to read.

It seems obvious who the bad guy is. But maybe there is a twist, we can see how Monk figures it out, what happens and we see what happens to ALL our characters.

Edited on 12/04/2009 1:07pm

jwgrlrrajn

[15]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 23
    I wonder, if the poison is indeed on the wipes, if that would put Monk off of wipes for life?

MissTVfanatic

[16]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    I am so sad that monk is finally ending. I have watched this so for so many years. Although i am kind of glad because some shows stay on longer then they should be, but i think Monk will end right where it needs to. I'm still hoping to see Sharona one last time, but it is cool for the last episode to center around who killed his wife. All in all the series finale sounds like it will be amazing even though it's the end.

tonyandzivafan

[17]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 41
    BTRAV wrote:
    That would be kinda badass - like the whole ineptitude thing was an elaborate act. But that's probably not it.

Agree to both. And as for the judge, it seems waaaaaay to easy to be him. If its him then, there is someone else as well. I still feel like we havent been given something. PErsonally I think Trudy is alive, and the whole blow up car thing was for her to disappear. And from previews I belive she is alive even more so b/c, why would Stollemeyer tell monk not to fire his gun. His 'dont do it', seems off. And I know it could be b/c he doesnt want his friend to go out (if he does die) like that, but something in my gut tells me its b/c no one really 'killed' Trudy!!!

*is excited*

mattgus

[18]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 14
    MONK USUALLY RERUNS AT 8 AM CENTRAL THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY AFTER THE ORIGINAL FRIDAY EP...AND THEN THROUGHOUT THE WEEK...

Lissical

[19]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 8

tonyandzivafan wrote:
    BTRAV wrote:
    Agree to both. And as for the judge, it seems waaaaaay to easy to be him. If its him then, there is someone else as well. I still feel like we havent been given something. PErsonally I think Trudy is alive, and the whole blow up car thing was for her to disappear. And from previews I belive she is alive even more so b/c, why would Stollemeyer tell monk not to fire his gun. His 'dont do it', seems off. And I know it could be b/c he doesnt want his friend to go out (if he does die) like that, but something in my gut tells me its b/c no one really 'killed' Trudy!!! *is excited*

I agree, it seems too obvious for it to be the judge. But then again who knows. I like your theory with Trudy actually being alive! But they keep saying in every summary I've read that Monk finally finds his wife's killer or something along those lines.

Oh -- and this is my first post on the Monk discussion boards, but I've been a fan of the show for a while. Sad to see it ending.

mattgus

[20]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 14
    the whole thing with the trip randy could not confirm or deny to new york was to see sharona...he will end up with her...i am sure about that...monk ant natalle???maybe monk and stoddlemyer...no did'nt even spell that right...speaking of the gang...i bet like with stargate they will have some tv movies...that would be nice....it was the judge on the phone and dale said jugge was a clue in on the run,so as simple as it may be if they put in a good conspiracy story???soon we will know///have fun everyone...