Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: Mr. Monk and the Lady Next Door (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 1/24/09 episode "Mr. Monk and the Lady Next Door" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DresserBoys

[2]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 18

Only one word comes to mind after watching this episode. "Randy". Enough said.

You just got to love Randy

tjoceasde

[3]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 18
    There's just one big question that this episode left unanswered. What does an egg-eating robot look like (without a costume on)?

kravitzfan12

[4]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 34
    I thought this was a fantastic episode! Although I figured out the murder early (which NEVER happens), I was so entertained by the relationship between Monk and Marge that I didn't care.

It was a really beautiful and sad story. I wish they hadn't made Marge move though. I would have liked to see Monk have a friend near-by.

haldrey

[5]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 22
    It is true, this eps was really about Monk and Marge and it was refreshing to see Monk react with different emotions.

pgsuperfan

[6]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 25
    I liked the scene where Adrian told Natalie about the muffins that Marge made for him

imikedaman1985

[7]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 2

I absolutely LOVED this episode for the first half, but I just knew the episode was going to rip my heart out and step on it halfway through by having everything fall apart for Monk yet again. It's so painful watching knowing that we will never see Monk be happy for long. Any time he's happy, something horrible will happen that makes everything bad again. In this case, it was Monk acting surprisingly out-of-character in accusing the old lady of the crime, of course with the standard stuff like cutting everyone off when they try to correct him and being proven wrong shortly thereafter. After that point I was just sitting around waiting to see what excuse they come up with to make sure this character isn't recurring. She ends up moving away. Why couldn't she be recurring for a few episodes? The show is going to be over in like one and a half seasons anyway.

Oh well, at least there are a few episodes that end on a definite high-note. Those are always good to watch.

raveniscool2

[8]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 10
    what i dont get is if marge isnt his mother why does john have the picture in his house??