Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: Mr. Monk and the UFO (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 8/21/09 episode "Mr. Monk and the UFO" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OctoberGirl9

[2]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 8

I have to admit that I was disappointed by the first episode. Reminded why I loved Monk on the second episode. But tonight, I feel as though an old friend had just stopped by and I seriously can't stop smiling like the village idiot. This episode was absolutely hilarious, it was like as soon as I got to the point of smiling I had to start laughing again. For some reason this feels like an episode written before season 5, 6, or 7. Which IMO weren't a good as the first four season, only excluding a few fav eps of course. This season seems to be hitting it off and I'm loving every Friday night more. From the very familiar sheriff down to the "frequency" this third one was a blast.

P.S. How cute was the ending!?

handyxena

[3]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    Was that guy with the flight helmet on Ernie from my three sons

JesseTehSkox

[4]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    Am I the only one who isn't a fan of these overly goofy comedy episodes like this and "Mr. Monk Gets Hypnotized"? It's just not the show I fell in love with during the first three seasons...

BTRAV

[5]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 27
    As soon as I saw Jeremy Howard's name in the opening credits, I knew he was going to be one of the UFO nuts. Then I remembered that both he and Tony Shalhoub were in Galaxy Quest about ten years ago. Otherwise I didn't like this episode all that much.

FishCalledWanda

[6]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 2

I didn't care for this episode either. Boring and silly, with just a handful good laughs in it. And why are Stott and Randy hardly in the show anymore?

RoxanneLaurier

[7]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    I agree because I loved the show and feel it is with the entire "team" including Stott and Randy that completes the picture. Last nights episode was too "silly" and not very entertaining but for the solving of the murder. Am wondering if there is a different writer?

pgsuperfan

[8]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 25
    I thought it was a funny episode but I would like to see the captain and Randy. Are they out looking for jobs ?

MagicalMeow

[9]Aug 23, 2009

Not a terrible episode by all means, it had some good laughs etc. But as with the first 2 episodes, the murder mystary part was WEAK. It was obvious who had done it and why there was a ufo right away.

The writers have offically ran out of ideas. I would not be suprised if this show was axed mid season to be honest. It is time to pull your socks up guys (if you are reading this writers) or you will be out of work sooner than you think. PLEASE go back to the quality of the previous seasons, and base the episode on a nice well thought of mystery instead of it being an after thought.

(By the way not to nit pick but, monk was drinking water that wasen't his bottled brand, and he put his mouth on a straw that Nat touched!)

OctoberGirl9

[10]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm not a fan of the overly goofy eps, actually I didn't pay much attention to the last three seasons. Did work while they were on t.v. It seemed like all the eps were about Monk embarrassing himself or something equally like every other show. Randy and the Capt. will be on there, they're important. As for Monk's unmonkishness, it's the last season...it's about solving Trudy's murder, him getting better (not healed) but more able to cope with his OCD. He's supposed to be OOC, because this season is all about his character development. That's what I saw this ep as, yeah a goof, but mostly about Monk's way with people. The whole episode from the crazy "internet" people to the mechanic, and him socializing. Seriously, am I the only one who saw that?

BTRAV

[11]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 27
    I'd have to refer to the "making Monk mean" thread on this one. But the speech he tried to give toward the end was like trying to make amends for that.

casualviewer

[12]Aug 28, 2009
    Loved the UFO episode!! Very funny. Even my husband LOL and he rarely does that when watching Monk. It was great to see Monk become more thougtful and considerate of others in the end and I hope it sticks. And the final scene when he is was teasing Natalie about being an alien was a riot. Nice character development. After last weeks more serious toned episode, this was a welcome change. I no longer want to watch Monk sulking over Trudy's death and feeling sorry for himself. In the beginning, it was bittersweet but now its just annoying. I hope the let him solve it and move forward to find a little happiness.

05BlackV605

[13]Aug 28, 2009
    This was a pretty good episode. I must say I never knew an alien could be spooted by the lack of a naval.
    Edited on 08/28/2009 7:12pm

KSC76

[14]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    I love the series Monk but this episode I didn't care for. He was too silly & it's wasn't A very good episode at all. Sorry Monk fan.