Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: Mr. Monk is Someone Else (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 8/28/09 episode "Mr. Monk is Someone Else" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

05BlackV605

[2]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 2

I liked this episode. Good story and acting.

BTRAV

[3]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 27

There were some things I didn't like about this episode, but there were some things I really liked. Most of all, Monk shoving Harold into foot traffic. Although the rest of them were concerned about that, I think Monk was due for that and Harold had it coming. Not that he was being mean to Monk in this episode for a change, but I just generally don't like the guy. If this were an earlier episode, Monk would've gone on a Trudy rant when Lola came onto him, but having Natalie go with him to the club was good too. It would've been better if Monk was able to scare off the fridge guy by himself at the end, but Natalie can be pretty scary too.

***SPOILER***

haldrey

[4]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    I found nothing to dislike of this episode, it was truly great. Come on a mean Monk, that alone was worth it. And on top of that it's been a long time since a case really had me wondering.

Chin-Inon

[5]Aug 29, 2009
    • level: 8

I found this to be a very interesting episode, Although, I didn't see what the big deal was about Monk shoving Krenshaw. Krenshaw's always been a jerk to Monk, especially in the last epidoe he was in, when they wanted to tear down the parking garage. Plus, Krenshaw was coming really close to blowing Monk's cover, and was not taking any hints to shut up. And I might be alone on this, but the fact that Monk said he was dating Natalie interested me a great deal. We all know he could have said Trudy's name, but he didn't.

Also, am I the only one who sees the beginning of a starting trend for this final season? In the last episode, there seemed to be a subplot of Monk impoving his empathy and people skills. In this one, there was the issue of him standing up for himself. Maybe the show writers are working on Monk being able to be an independant person who doesn't rely on an assistant to keep him stable....

pgsuperfan

[6]Aug 29, 2009
    • level: 25
    I liked it this showed a different side of Adrian and glad to see Disher and the Captain in this one

kravitzfan12

[7]Aug 29, 2009
    • level: 34
    I REALLY liked this one! It's my favorite this season, by far! I loved the way that they approached this episode - everything about it was just spot on! I think the best part of the episode was the very beginning; seeing "Monk" being hit by a bus - and then going right to commercial. I think it was just really playful and clever and humorous. Great acting all around and the mystery was also solid.

neokid0298

[8]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    Chin-Inon wrote:

I found this to be a very interesting episode, Although, I didn't see what the big deal was about Monk shoving Krenshaw. Krenshaw's always been a jerk to Monk, especially in the last epidoe he was in, when they wanted to tear down the parking garage. Plus, Krenshaw was coming really close to blowing Monk's cover, and was not taking any hints to shut up. And I might be alone on this, but the fact that Monk said he was dating Natalie interested me a great deal. We all know he could have said Trudy's name, but he didn't.

Also, am I the only one who sees the beginning of a starting trend for this final season? In the last episode, there seemed to be a subplot of Monk impoving his empathy and people skills. In this one, there was the issue of him standing up for himself. Maybe the show writers are working on Monk being able to be an independant person who doesn't rely on an assistant to keep him stable....

That is exactly what I was thinking.

And in Foreign Man, they sort of... reopened Monk's wounds about Trudy once again.

hell, I just looked at the episode titles for the rest of the season, and they exude personal improvement for Monk. Some of them sound like they improve his relationship with Natalie.
    Edited on 08/30/2009 11:00am

KSC76

[9]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    It was okay I wouldn't say I really loved this episode of Monk it was just okay.