Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: Mr. Monk's 100th Case (possible spoilers)

jwgrlrrajn

[21]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    How many episodes has there been since "Big Game"?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chipee

[22]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    The "Big Game" was episode #64. I don't know why you care. In that episode, Natalie and Julie gave Monk trophies for over 100 of his solved cases, but they included EVERY case he ever solved. A different criateria (Edit 9/17: Monk-solved consultant cases under contract for San Francisco Police Dept, after Trudy died) as was used in the "100th Case" episode (episode #100). It is so simple. Posters all over are comparing apples with oranges. Why don't you read my post #15, above, in this thread?
    Edited on 09/17/2008 11:44am
    Edited 5 total times.

BBLaze2

[23]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 5

chipee wrote:
    The "Big Game" was episode #64. I don't know why you care. In that episode, Natalie and Julie gave Monk trophies for over 100 of his solved cases, but they included EVERY case he ever solved. A differentcriteria was used in the "100th Case" episode (episode #100). It is so simple. Posters all over are comparing apples with oranges. Why don't you read my post #15, above, in this thread?

No one wants to read post that contradict their point of view, people are ignorant that way. I agree with your criteria though if people would TAKE THE TIME to go back and look at each episode AND COUNT EACH CASE since the show began according to your criteria they'd find that your right.

As far as this episode is concerned I loved it. The end was great Monk solving his 101 case just by seeing the documentary of his 100th case. My ONLY problem with this one was the part at the end with the remote I mean come on, that part while funny was just stupid. But over all great episode despite what the nay sayers say.

Have a nice day

chipee

[24]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    Thanks, BBLaze2. I agree. Just one small point: one couldn't go back and count all the applicable cases and reach exactly 100 because the show is not in real time, is not a complete diary of Monk's life. Just a bunch of episodes. Presumably there were many cases that were not shown on TV. ... ... .... Silly of me maybe, but one could argue that the 101st case Natalie pointed out wasn't a separate official consultant San Francisco Police Dept. case, just a freebie case like in the Traffic Jam, Vacation, Bumps His Head, etc., episodes.

jwgrlrrajn

[25]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    This would also have to mean that "Candidate" was his first case.

ArlovskiFTW

[26]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 9

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    This would also have to mean that "Candidate" was his first case.

It was. The girl from Sacramento that is. People need to start reading.

PigandRooster

[27]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 5
    Although the episode's title is off, I still think this has been one of my favorite episodes to appear in a while, it had allot of the comedy and chemistry, especially with Disher and Stottlemeyer, they are work/act very well together and I think the show needs that more, the episode has got to be one of my favorites, I think I'll go watch it now actually

geoellis2

[28]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 38
    He solved three in the Newspaper Boy alone. THe French one, hit and run manslaughter, and the title case. But it just gives room for discussion.