Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Series Finale- Spoilers

kkj228elbo

[1]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 9

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312172/board/nest/49950169- I was looking at this board and many people had a lot of interesting theories on as to what the Monk seires finale might be like.  (Although I really am dreading it...)  There was talk from producers that Adrian might die in the last episode.  (Eeeeeeek..... I don't know if I would like that)  What do you think should be in the last episode?  Here's what I think should happen....

• Monk should find out who Trudy's killer is and have some sort of inner content with the punishment that they recieve.
    • Monk should be reunited with Monica from Season 1 (Remember her?) and maybe even start to date her?  (Something would have obiously had to happen to her husband.)
    • Monk should really see Tommy again.  It really wouldn't be as special without him.
    • Monk should be able to cope with some of his phobias a bit easier.
    • Monk should be content with his job-  Whether it be he is reinstated, or is still a consultant they should make him happy with it.
    • Like in Mr. Monk vs. The Cobra, when Monk finds Trudy's killer, he should be able to see her.  She should say that she's proud of him, loves him, and that he's given her the justice she deserves.
    • They should end it after Monk sees Trudy.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cherrypie12291

[2]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 8
    That would be good! But is this the LAST season of Monk? I thought it was doing so well; he just won ANOTHER Emmy for it!

kkj228elbo

[3]Aug 27, 2006
    Another thought would be for him to see Trudy's parents again.  There is speculation that after two more seasons, the series will end.

Malcolmjamal

[4]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 8
    kkj228elbo wrote:
    • Monk should find out who Trudy's killer is and have some sort of inner content with the punishment that they recieve.

I agree. The aforementioned points plus the reward for him finding Trudy's killer should be that he joins the SF Police again. That would be the perfect Series Finale IMO.

IsaVauSark

[5]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 4
    Malcolmjamal wrote:
    kkj228elbo wrote:

I agree. The aforementioned points plus the reward for him finding Trudy's killer should be that he joins the SF Police again. That would be the perfect Series Finale IMO.

That sounds like a perfect end for the series. Immediately after being reinstated, Monk sees Trdy watching over him and the scene fades out. i'd love to see that.

TelFan7

[6]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    1. Resolve the murder of Trudy. 2. "Dale the Whale" has both liposuction and plastic surgery and even Monk doesn't recognise him to near the end. 3. Sharona divorces her husband who's still a jerk (she shouldn't have re-married him). And she and Monk are married and series ends.

agiftandacurse

[7]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Pease dont talk about how the series will end. I hope the show goes on for a long time. Its too depressing to discuss how and when it will end.

kkj228elbo

[8]Sep 1, 2006
    TelFan7 wrote:
    1. Resolve the murder of Trudy. 2. "Dale the Whale" has both liposuction and plastic surgery and even Monk doesn't recognise him to near the end. 3. Sharona divorces her husband who's still a jerk (she shouldn't have re-married him). And she and Monk are married and series ends.

Sorry, I don't agree. 1. Sharona and Monk SHOULD NOT marry each other. That would be sick. I don't even think Sharona even liked much that much.
    2. Dale The Whale isn't cuch a great character. Monk doesn't even like him.

agiftandacurse

[9]Sep 2, 2006
    Whoever said the Sharona and Monk marrying bit, I say get over it already, Sharona is off the show and not coming back. Thank God, Natali is much better.

Dmluciano

[10]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 12
    Here is What should happen
    Monk Should slove the Trudy Case
    Monk Should finally become a Officer
    Monk Remembers Trudy is always there
    Monk Gets confidence in his abiltity not to be afraid of Everything

That should happen

Bountyhunterc28

[11]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 31
    I don't undersand why people are talking about a series finale yet, ley the show run, and wait to talk about it when The time comes.

alex455

[12]Nov 24, 2006

Bountyhunterc28 wrote:
    I don't undersand why people are talking about a series finale yet, ley the show run, and wait to talk about it when The time comes.

Why? It's simple,

Firstly: They want to be creative and have a big imagination to saw the end of series in their heads

Secondly: It's just speculations

Thirdly: They boring, because a long time ago wasn't here a very interesting talking between Monk fans

Fourtly: May be producers coming here to the board and reading all this conversations looking for good ideas.

And I think to see how Monk dies is not that bad idea. Just think about it. No one know what happend,  when he die and why and who killed him. They just found a tape where Stot and Randy see how Monk dies. But they still don't have a body. Someone send to the station a wipe with blood. It's Monks blood. Then (of course) everything back to normal because Monk isn't death. He's kiddnaped by some lunatic and schizophrenic who thinks that Monk killed his wife and son. Stot, Randy and Natalie finds Monk and they cancel the funeral Isn't that a very good idea? I think it is but of course not for finale episode.

In final episode they should do this:

Monk find Trudy's killer

He falls in love (I don't know in who)

He's reinstated to the police

and everything back to half normal

Why half? 'Cause Monk without his phobias couldn't be still Monk

neon2farmer

[13]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 11
    i think Monk, should stay the same way he is now. i hope the show goes on for a while more, i just got into it.

armywife2248

[14]Feb 28, 2009

Monk and Sharona? Nahhh. Not even Natalie. I like the lady from the power company or either the lady whose husband (who was also OCD) was in a psych ward in Switzerland. Either of those two would be best for Monk. He should definitely find out who killed Trudy and why. But, i don't think he should get back on the force. It should be where he finds someone to be with and then goes away to be with them, and continue his investigative skills there. Hey David Banner never got cured, and Sam (from Quantum Leap) never did leaped back home. More intriguing that way.

major_csi_fan

[15]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    i don't think monk should die because he is monk but i think it wud be a release for him he wud b with trudy have no more worries etc , also having him die is a bad idea since people will have spent 8 seasons (8th being last) knowning monk having him die wud suck i think the final will be a 2 parter and he willfind trudys killer maybe be reinstated and be monk

jwgrlrrajn

[16]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 23
    major_csi_fan wrote:
    i don't think monk should die because he is monk but i think it wud be a release for him he wud b with trudy have no more worries etc , also having him die is a bad idea since people will have spent 8 seasons (8th being last) knowning monk having him die wud suck i think the final will be a 2 parter and he willfind trudys killer maybe be reinstated and be monk

Learn to spell.

monkfan100

[17]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    agiftandacurse wrote:
    Whoever said the Sharona and Monk marrying bit, I say get over it already, Sharona is off the show and not coming back. Thank God, Natali is much better.
    Funny, Monk and Sharona pretended to be married in what is probably one of the funniest episodes of the series ("Mr. Monk Gets Married") and pulled it off well for obvious reasons. While I don't think Sharona and Monk will be married, I do think we should see Sharona at least one last time before the series ends (I don't know what trouble she had with the heads, but hey Shelley Long came back for the finale in Cheers and she was known to have problems with everyone). Not to bring up whose better, but let's just say that Sharona would have never let Monk boss her around the way he did in "On Wheels", it was painful to watch Natalie act like a doormat in that episode. But anyway, the past is the past and let's see what the writers come up with for the finale.

asplunddan

[18]Oct 26, 2009

This isn't a spoiler as much as a thought. Monk finds out who the killer is, but while apprehending the killer, Monk is fatality injured. While in a coma, many important Monk memories flash through his mind - all on the journey to find Trudy's killer. All of Monk's friends, Stottlemeyer, Disher, Dr Bell, Natalie, maybe even Sharona, visit Monk's beside and reminisce as well. Monk passes away and is greeted by Trudy. As they embrace, Mr. Monk is in peace and Trudy is avenged. The End.

This leaves no open ends for future movies or shows - everything is wrapped up. This would be a sad end, but definitely a finale.

My other wild idea, is that this is all the dream of Mr. Monk in an asylum, where he ended up after Trudy's death. Monk completely went insane upon the loss of Trudy. Every crime solved, Natalie, Sharona, all of it - one big hallucination.

Well, we'll see. Keep watching. To document these ideas, I am including the date in this posting - 10/27/09. Monk Fan forever. Farewell.

ggfan_72

[19]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 3
    @asplunddan - Your ideas are very interesting. However, the idea of it all having been Monk's hallucination seems like a cop-out to me! I don't think viewers would be very happy if it happened, lol. I'm hoping for Trudy and Sharona to make appearances in the series finale. I can't wait to see how Trudy's murder is resolved!

jwgrlrrajn

[20]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 23
    I'm sorry, but I think that Monk dying would be one of the worst ways to go. I can not stand it when the main protagonist dies at the end of a series with no possible way of bringing him/her back.

I think they should have an ending like the movie "What About Bob?," where they have an epilogue on the screen that tells you what happens to the characters some time after the episode. (or maybe more like "The Sandlot," only with text instead of narration)