Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Sharona vs Natalie

kiya12309

[41]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 3
    There's absolutely no comparison. Sharona was absolutely better. She gave the show a lot more edge, and she was just plain funny wheras Natalie's really no good in that area. But I'm not saying I don't like Natalie. I do like her, she's just too laidback for me, and I liked how Sharona called him Adrian and Natalie calls him Mr. Monk all the time and I don't like that. And romance b/t Monk and anyone would be kind of stupid in my opinion. I'm all for romance for the most part, but seriously, do you really think Monk is ready for romance. But I do have one point for Natalie: I like Julie a lot more than Benji. She's got so much more character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

atanner

[42]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 8

We already have a topic on this subject

http://www.tv.com/monk/show/9130/who-did-you-like-better/topic/5377-338972/msgs.html?tag=board_topics;title;13

dragonfly_pat

[43]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 19
    My husband and I started to watch Monk with Natalie. We love Natalie. We bought the DVDs and have seen each of the first three seasons at least twice now.Sharona is fine, but we like the way the show has gone with Natalie, her daughter, and Monk. I absolutely do not understand the vehemence of the folks against Natalie and for Sharona. They are entirely different characters. The character of Sharona is gone. If the writers and producers had wanted to keep Sharona, then they would have gotten a new actress and called her Sharona. For whatever reason, the writers and producers wanted to go in a different direction. That direction is Natalie, and she's a terrific character.

nataliemonkfan

[44]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    dragonfly_pat wrote:
    My husband and I started to watch Monk with Natalie. We love Natalie. We bought the DVDs and have seen each of the first three seasons at least twice now.Sharona is fine, but we like the way the show has gone with Natalie, her daughter, and Monk. I absolutely do not understand the vehemence of the folks against Natalie and for Sharona. They are entirely different characters. The character of Sharona is gone. If the writers and producers had wanted to keep Sharona, then they would have gotten a new actress and called her Sharona. For whatever reason, the writers and producers wanted to go in a different direction. That direction is Natalie, and she's a terrific character.
    I absolutely agree Natalie is better and I'm tired of the comparison between the two. Get over it already! Sharona's out and Natalie's here to stay. Thank God!

GORILLAZchikidi

[45]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 3
    I liked Sherona, but Natalie's awesome. Sherona was hillarious, you know, that New York attitude. I love it! But Natalie's pretty cool. She's really nice. When I first heard that Traylor Howard was going to guest star, I thought that she would be kind of stuck-up, but she's totally the opposite. Natalie rocks. 
    Edited on 07/19/2007 10:34am

pgsuperfan

[46]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 25
    GORILLAZchikidi wrote:
    I liked Sherona, but Natalie's awesome. Sherona was hillarious, you know, that New York attitude. I love it! But Natalie's pretty cool. She's really nice. When I first heard that Traylor Howard was going to guest star, I thought that she would be kind of stuck-up, but she's totally the opposite. Natalie rocks. 

Natalie is number 1

foxmccloud13

[47]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    Sharona is way better
    Natalie is annoying and whines

casualviewer

[48]Jul 24, 2007
    Natalie

scatha_guardian

[49]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 35
    Natalie

nataliemonkfan

[50]Jul 30, 2007
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Natalie
    Its good to see for the most part NATALIE is winning. She is soo much better! I just have to check in every so often to see that Natalie is still winning. Now I want the writers to eventually make Monk and Natalie a couple. That would be such a great ending when the show has to end some day! Though I'm praying very hard that this show does not end any time soon, PLEASE a season 7 at least.

nataliemonkfan

[51]Jul 30, 2007
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Natalie
    Its good to see for the most part NATALIE is winning. She is soo much better! I just have to check in every so often to see that Natalie is still winning. Now I want the writers to eventually make Monk and Natalie a couple. That would be such a great ending when the show has to end some day! Though I'm praying very hard that this show does not end any time soon, PLEASE a season 7 at least.

nataliemonkfan

[52]Jul 30, 2007
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Natalie

vyperman7

[53]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 8
    I watched Monk religiously for the first three seasons, but fell away from it after S3 ended. I finally bought S4 on DVD and that was one of the best seasons of Monk ever. At first I didn't care for Natalie. However with S4, she really grew on me. The one thing that bugs the crap out of me about her though is how she repeatedly says "Mr. Monk". You would think that after all this time, she would start to say Adrian.

Sharona will always be my favorite though. The character was just better overall in my opinion. Sharona's personality was just a much better contrast because she was more of a bossy, sassy type character that played well against Monk's submissive and scared nature.

Gnidrolog

[54]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 5

Another vote for Sharona. Natalie is just wayyyyyyy too dull!

redfiretruck

[55]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    Natalie all the way. I just think she does a better job than Sharona- and she's funnier.

iluvgilmore7791

[56]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 19
    Natalie is way better.

theevilpope

[57]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    Natalie they also have a book where Cherona comes back called Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants.

egschaafsma

[58]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 4

I really really hate Natalie. What's the use of her character? She's so boring. There is no drama or comedy in anything she does. I just don't understand why the producers chose this actress and this part.

Sharona was spicier, funnier, just a more interesting character.

I have to admit by the way that I haven't watched the show since about half of the last season. I feel insulted as a viewer by the simple plots and the focus on unrealistic dramatic events. The episode where Monk just so easily meets his dad was the drop for me. I don't really understand why no-one else seems toagree with my disappointment, but ok.

Greetings,

egs

Edited on 08/11/2007 11:09am

claudia40

[59]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    Agree...........
    pinklavender wrote:
    Sharona .. because she had the edge and the personality plus the quirky sister and mother!  Natalie has improved with the series and she is probably the better choice for Adrian because of her patience and understanding but for the show .. Sharona every time!  And no romance between Natalie and Adrian .. that would be ridiculous!  Adrian needs someone completely different from his wife and his nurses!!  Someone like Edie from Desperate Housewives !!  kidding !!  How about someone like the character who plays Dexter's sister - a cop with a quirk?? 

jbj4ever

[60]Aug 18, 2007

Frankly, I don't care much for either of them.

Sharona had that annoying voice and was pretty much complaining 24/7. But at least she got Monk moving and she was funny.

I liked Natalie a lot in the first few episodes she was in but she turned out to be dull, IMO- no fault of the actress,really, it's hard to be funny when most of your lines are "Yes", "No", "Mr Monk!" or "I need to get paid". She is not as pushy as Sharona was with Monk, she does not test his limits - hence Monk making little to no progress since Natalie came around.

A romance between Natalie & Monk ??? I don't see it. The way Natalie acts with Monk is more like alittle sister taking care of a mentally challenged older brother.