Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Sharona vs Natalie

Kaze_no_Mirai

[61]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    I prefer Natalia a lot more. But I do miss seeing Benjy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mistyann21

[62]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    I like natalie best. She seems to actulally care about monk, sherona treated it more just like a job, natalie seems to see him as more of a friend. Also we get to see them from the very beganning when they first met, sherona was already situated with monk when the show started.

Avivaldi72

[63]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 12
    What I really like about Natalie is her not putting up with crap. She's a strong woman, and I like that. Besides, she just rocks.

DarkNinja1994

[64]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 27
    I pick Natalie.

belial_77

[65]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 17
    I like Natalie as a character better... but i think the over-all show was better when Sharona was on it... the writers must have been switched out as well... the earlier seasons had a lot of dark undertones, Monk was more of a tragic character... now he's nothing but a well acted clown... what ever happened to the plot-line about Monk looking for Trudie's killer? it seems just to have disappeared, lost among the stupid physical comedy... i mean the humor adds to shows like Psych, but on this show, there was humor, but also sadness and depth, which has been lacking since season 2 or so...

xxxBEASTxxx

[66]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 22
    I've been watching the show since the first episode, and I definitely prefer Sharona. Natalie is just too transparent and lacks substance. Natalie can be funny sometimes, but she doesn't have the same amount of character that Sharona had. Also, Sharona had better chemistry with Monk.

juliopipa

[67]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    i am just starting to watch the show so can anybody tell me if monk and natalie are together as a couple or if they ever will be or better the name of the episode where they get together please.

g_o_r_a_l

[68]Sep 5, 2007
    Sharona of course. I wanted to abandon the show after Natalie came, but as a replacement she can somehow manage. Sharona was the second reason (the first is obviously brilliant crimes) I watched Monk.

Gordan_Freeman

[69]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    I like Sharona better she was funnier and Natalie is kind of annoying but i still like her

Gordan_Freeman

[70]Sep 5, 2007

juliopipa wrote:
    i am just starting to watch the show so can anybody tell me if monk and natalie are together as a couple or if they ever will be or better the name of the episode where they get together please.

NO! i think thats would ruin the show for me I hate that type of thing with Monk/Natalie its annoying and it will never happen so dont hope for it

DarkNinja1994

[71]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 27
    Natalie!

heylin_prince

[72]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 20

it depends if there showing an episode with sharona sharona one with natalie natalie

BruceRM

[73]Sep 12, 2007
    It always bothers me that Natalie always calls Adrian "Mr. Monk." I don't think Natalie has ever said the name "Adrian" (at least to Adrian). Sharona would always (often in a whiny voice) call monk "Adrian." They've been together over 3 years now, shouldn't she call him Adrian now? It's an odd formality that's never been explained that I find unnecessary and kinda artificial at this point. Natalie is just as close to Monk as Sharona was, if not closer. So why not call him Adrian?

heylin_prince

[74]Sep 13, 2007
    • level: 20

mistyann21 wrote:
    I like natalie best. She seems to actulally care about monk, sherona treated it more just like a job, natalie seems to see him as more of a friend. Also we get to see them from the very beganning when they first met, sherona was already situated with monk when the show started.

agreed sharona also dresses liek a hooker

Carrie0930

[75]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 8

I like Natalie.

I agree with some of the comments that said about how Natalie was more sympathetic to Monk's issues than Sharona seemed to be.

Also, regarding Sharona calling Monk "Adrian" and Natalie called Monk "Mr. Monk", I think part of it has to do with the fact that Sharona started as Monk's nurse and then became his assistant. So obviously a nurse would refer to a patient by their first name. However, when Natalie first met Monk, it was as an investigator, and then he hired her, so it's a little more formal. I don't think it's entirely strange. I know some people that once they refer to someone in a particular way, it's hard to break the habit.

iskabibble07

[76]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 13
    Cant really vote objectively because I became a fan after Natalie was in place so in my mind, its her show. I recently saw some Sharona eps on a tape we got from the video store. Ehh, no big deal. But again, not being objective because (a) became a fan with nat there and (b) have a major crush on natalie. There I said it. Also I think the character of natalie's daughter brings some heart to the show. I watched the Halloween epi last night and when she hugged monk and then he took her Trick or Treating, darn it that was just plain sweet. And shes a sharp cookie for a kid character too. So I vote nat and her daughter which is good because I dont hear anything about Sharona coming back.

nataliemonkfan

[77]Nov 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    Natalie is much better in my opinion. Natalie and Mnok have better chemistry. they seem to need each other. In some way its not just Mnok needing Natalie. Its about time the writers stop having Natalie call Adrian Mr.Monk. I'm tired of that .Their too close for that.

Dzyres

[78]Nov 6, 2007

xxxBEASTxxx wrote:
    I've been watching the show since the first episode, and I definitely prefer Sharona. Natalie is just too transparent and lacks substance. Natalie can be funny sometimes, but she doesn't have the same amount of character that Sharona had. Also, Sharona had better chemistry with Monk.

Agreed. I like them both, but htey are entirely two different charcters. That being said. I have to go with MY SHARONA! (Surprised no one did that).\

She was edgy, spunky, funny, and they had wonderful chemistry. I LOVED the way she used to say ADRIAN! Lol, she was his nurse and his friend and they had a deep connection.

Natalie is cool, and she grew on me . I really didn't like her at first. Her personality is a bit dull at times. Sharona stood out more and I loved how she was so cool with Stotlemyer and Randy. I just loved her attitude.

lady_joanne85

[79]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    SHARONA... no contest... she is more rude to monk... comment like "he's from another planet" kind of thing

ixmattxi

[80]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 4

Carrie0930 wrote:
    I agree with some of the comments that said about how Natalie was more sympathetic to Monk's issues than Sharona seemed to be.

I think a lot of people on this board confuse sympathy with coddling. Sharona wasn't unsympathetic towards Monk. In fact she constantly defended him from others. She simply did not coddle him either. And as his nurse that is understandable. The worst thing you can do to someone in Monk's position is cater to their fears (something Sharona never did for Monk but Natalie always does). In the long run, the way Sharona treated Monk is much much healthier for him from a medical perspective. All Natalie's actions do are is encourage his disorder.

As I've said before, I prefer Sharona. Her brother/sister relationship with Monk gave a lot more heart to the show than Natalie's Employer/Employee relationship