USA (ended 2009)

Who did you like better?

Who did you like better?

pgsuperfan

[21]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 25

get2donna wrote:
    i choose natalie because she is better

I agree she is more "the girl next door" and her family is wealthy from tooth paste lol

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

witchykitty

[22]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    I take it she has nice teeth?

mapleleaf1605

[23]Aug 13, 2006

Definitive Nathalie. She brought a new breeze into Monk and she fits better into the role

Cajungirl26

[24]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 33
    I'm used to Natalie now so I think I would choose her.

TBones22

[25]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 10
    well, when i first started watching the show Natalie was on it and i absolutly love her. i saw one with sharona and thought she was really bratty and lyked Nat alot more. then i saw a few more with sharona and decided i really lyked her but i would have to say i lyk Nat better since she sweeter and she dosent seem to get that annoyed by Monk. frustrated, yes. but she dosent resent him as Sharona seemed to.

garfield2710

[26]Aug 18, 2006
    Probably Natalie. I think shes doing better than Sharona.

iguanamiaman

[27]Aug 22, 2006
    Sharona all the way. Her character was much more realistic and she could act. Traylor Howard couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Natalie's addition has made the show sappy drivel instead of sharp and clever. The producers succeeded in what they trying to do which was to dumb the show down to appeal to a baser audience.

pgsuperfan

[28]Aug 26, 2006
    I still choose Natalie

leaguer1

[29]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    I was skeptical when they changed, but Natalie has won me over completely.  

agiftandacurse

[30]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    I much prefer Natalie. Sharona was good but Natalie is great. She seems to fit in so well with the other characters,especially with Monk. They work really good together. I actually much prefer the 2nd half of season 3 and seasons 4 & 5 better than 1 & 2.Not only because of Natalie but also the other characters have really evolved as well. Leland gets better with each season also. Adrian has always been great and just gets better and better.

Florencia_

[31]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 18
    I choose Sharona...She is better...and series with her were funnier...

bukabuda

[32]Sep 29, 2006
    • level: 10

In my opinion there is absolutely no contest.  Natalie wins by a long shot.  She is much nicer, and shows genuine care for her friends, and more importantly, Adrien.  While I've loved the show since the beginning, if I were to buy the seasons, I'd buy only season 3 on.  I felt that Sharona didn't really care about Monk as a friend, as Natalie clearly does, but istead saw him just as the person who helped pay the bills.  Natalie also incourages Monk to get better and when he's feeling more down, she helps him get back on track, and she also pushes him to do better, and to do things, that at one time, he would never have thought of doing before.  And my last reason, but probably the most important, Sharona always seemed to care more about getting laid than her kids, where as Natalie, would do anything for her daughter because she comes first in her life.

And come on, her family got rich off of toothpaste, how fricken awesome is that!!!?

cmbeck82

[33]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    I am honestly shocked at these responses. I am wondering how many of you watch the Monk DVDs? I have to say that Sharona was an interesting character. The weird thing is watching a newer episode with Natalie and then an earlier with Sharona. They're different characters but in general, Bitty Schram is a better actress. I appreciated her brashness and edgy attitude. Of course none of these characterizations mean Natalie is a bad character. She brings something different. Comparing whether the show is better with one or the other is probably impossible. I guess I say I'm shocked just because it always seems that in situations like this people miss the "good old days." But as someone posted earlier, Natalie's character is evolving beautifully just like the show itself so it makes it okay. Also, it's hard for me to ignore an actor/actress's real personality and if it is true that Schram was terrible to work with and mean, then I go for Natalie. Otherwise, I'm still partial to Sharona.

iguanamiaman

[34]Oct 1, 2006
    Natalie makes the show much more sentimental, not funny. Sharona made the show hilarious. Who cares is she is "nicer", is she your friend? For the show Sharona was better and for Monk's issues Sharona was better becuase she pushed him and kept him from sinking into the abyss. Monk doesn't need someone coddling him but, rather, someone who challenges him and forces monk to move forward with his life.

Imajazzbandnerd

[36]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 13
    Who's Sharona anyway? Was she a previous assistant I just haven't seen? But I guess since I don't know her I choose Natalie.

igf-22

[37]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    I was looking at the poll result for this thread and am amazed that Traylor is ahead!  There is no comparasion between the two; Sharona was a funny, quirky character whereas natalie is a fake. Bitty was an excellent actress whereas Traylor is baaad......
    IMO, most of the people posting in favor of Traylor are her agents, friends or relatives. Most people I have talked to like Sharona and actively dislike Natalie.

LiLi623

[38]Oct 27, 2006
    i liked Sharona more at first. the first episode with Natalie really erked me. she was kind of eman and sarcastic. however, she is starting to grow me alot. i still miss Sharona

LiLi623

[39]Oct 27, 2006
    lol.sorry after i re-read what i wrote, i saw all the typing errors. i mean* now Natalie has grown on me, but i still miss Sharona.

emilyrox

[40]Oct 29, 2006
    Sharona she just had this thing about her and she was full sick