Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Why is Sharona not on "Mr Monk's 100th Case"?

darrel_ashley

[1]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    Anyone know why she is not on it? So many characters from past episodes are gonna be on it why not Sharona?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lilypad1907

[2]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 4
    she was kicked off the show

kravitzfan12

[3]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 34

I too am very upset. I don't know what type of terms the whole Monk production company, USA and her left off on, but I think it is only decent to bring back a beloved character that was a part of the show's early success.

I had similar feelings in Mr. Monk is on the Run, and Monk's funeral was planned and the writers only had Sharona send flowers!

I must say it is nice that the writers mention her name whenever important.

As long as Sharona is in the finale, this won't bother me. If she isn't (which is probably the case), than I'll really be upset!

FishCalledWanda

[4]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    I agree, the 100th episode without Sharona is pathetic. At least she was referred to twice in recent episodes - On the Run Pt. 1 and Lotto Fever. Before that, (I think) the last reference to her was in early Season 4, Monk Goes Home Again. So, at least they're no longer pretending that Sharona never happened.

BTRAV

[5]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 27
    They way they wrote her out of the show in the first place was rather flimsy - why would she go back to her ex-husband after what happened in that one episode with him in it?

SilentPon

[6]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    BTRAV wrote:
    They way they wrote her out of the show in the first place was rather flimsy - why would she go back to her ex-husband after what happened in that one episode with him in it?

but you have to realize its a tv show and she got let go (the actress) so her character had to be written off

sheep233

[7]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 22
    that stinks! Sharona was awesome!

Starwarder

[8]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    BTRAV wrote:

He returned in another episode where he was a bit more sympathetic--she was willing to have him take care of Benjy for a while.

Chingtothay

[9]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 18
    Anyone know why Sharona got kicked off?

CoopNasty

[10]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 3
    Who all is gonna appear on the 100th episode??

kathiheck

[11]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 18
    First of all, let's drop the kicked off part. Bitty Shram was NOT fired from Monk. According to the book that's an episode guide to Seasons 1-4, Bitty was interested in pursuing other acting work, so the show came up with the moving to another city storyline to allow to return once in a while if she was available. Considering the fact that the writers take time to mention her on occasion means they don't have a bad relationship with her, or else she'd go off to "Forgotten Character Island," with Chuck Cunningham, Judy Winslow, and the youngest son from the Suzanne Sommers/ Patrick Duffy sitcom (Who's so forgettable I can't remember his name). I am guessing that the only reason she's not making a guest appearance for the 100th episode is because she has other work that's keeping her from appearing. I got mad when George Clooney and Juliana Margulies didn't show up for Anthony Edwards' s character's funeral on ER, but what are you gonna do? Sometimes people are in demand-- case in point : Laurie Metcalf couldn't attend the TV Land awards when "Roseanne" was being honored because she was performing on Broadway in "November," and the Tony Awards was the same night; where would you go, to a ceremony awarding a show you did ten years ago, or an awards ceremony where you're nominated for an award? All I am saying is circumstances cause people to make choices since we can't be multiple places at once. We all want Sharona to put in her two cents for such a momentous occasion as getting to 100 shows, but if she can't be there, wish her good luck at being able to work and let it go.

kravitzfan12

[12]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 34

I don't completely agree with your theory.

Since Monk, Bitty Schram hasn't done much of anything! She had a couple of guest-spots on the mini-series Thief. She was in the pilot for Kitchen Confidential and most recently (about a year ago) she had a supporting role in the Hallmark TV Movie "You've Got a Friend".

That is not the type of career one hopes for when leaving a popular show, in which she got nominated for a Golden Globe for.

I'm not quite sure what happened between Bitty and the Monk staff. There are many rumors. I too have the Season 1-4 episode guide, and I know you are right in your reference. That could just be a way for the producers etc. to silence the noise from the Sharona release by putting it into nice terms.

Trust me, if welcomed with open arms, Bitty would be back. She has NOTHING on her slate currently! NOTHING! She is not to busy. If you consider waiting by the phone for her agent to call with work as busy, than, yes she is. At this point in time, that's all the work she's got.

The reason why the writers mention Sharona is, not because they left off on decent terms (which is still a posibility), but because the fans who loved her from the beginning, who are not starting to settle their hostility, would get angry once again to know that Sharona has been completely forgotten. It would be like re-opening a festering wound.

That's my two cents.

Grasswidow

[13]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    Sharona is not on the show because of money. They didn't want to pay her what she was worth.

curiousguy

[14]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    Post 13 is correct. She wanted more money, and they would not pay. I do miss her though.

UltimatePyro9

[15]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 36
    Shame. It would've been nice to see Sharona again.

Tami-H

[16]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 5

I think it's too bad that circumstances being what they are, Bitty/Sharona won't be appearing in the 100th episode. Hopefully, whenever the Series Finale is made (many, many seasons from now!), the circumstances will have changed.

hapat

[17]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 14
    I'd like her to come back for an episode too, but that's what you get when you try to be to greedy.

stuksbluegrass

[18]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

I don't completely agree with your theory.

Since Monk, Bitty Schram hasn't done much of anything! She had a couple of guest-spots on the mini-series Thief. She was in the pilot for Kitchen Confidential and most recently (about a year ago) she had a supporting role in the Hallmark TV Movie "You've Got a Friend".

That is not the type of career one hopes for when leaving a popular show, in which she got nominated for a Golden Globe for.

I'm not quite sure what happened between Bitty and the Monk staff. There are many rumors. I too have the Season 1-4 episode guide, and I know you are right in your reference. That could just be a way for the producers etc. to silence the noise from the Sharona release by putting it into nice terms.

Trust me, if welcomed with open arms, Bitty would be back. She has NOTHING on her slate currently! NOTHING! She is not to busy. If you consider waiting by the phone for her agent to call with work as busy, than, yes she is. At this point in time, that's all the work she's got.

The reason why the writers mention Sharona is, not because they left off on decent terms (which is still a posibility), but because the fans who loved her from the beginning, who are not starting to settle their hostility, would get angry once again to know that Sharona has been completely forgotten. It would be like re-opening a festering wound.

That's my two cents.

I agree with you totally. I was extremely disapointed not to see Bitty Shram in the 100th episode ! What a slight to this talented actress who was one of the main characters that made this show.Tony Shalhoub seems to be such a decent guy, why can't he be the first to bury the hatchet and make ammends with Bitty. I read the book You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again, and it sure appears that Bitty Shram is not working in Hollywood to any extent. Was She blacklisted? A rumour is going round that an actress was having an affair with a very married actor. A problem? Ted Levine and Jason Stanford were asking for a new contract at the same time Bitty was. The men negotiated a better deal without Shram and she was the only one let go. I'd take one Sharona over Disher and Leland any day. I hope they can have her character come back and help Monk solve Trudys murder.

CLGTweety5

[19]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 11
    Grasswidow wrote:
    Sharona is not on the show because of money. They didn't want to pay her what she was worth.

I agree! Schram did not leave Monk on good terms. I wish she was on the 100th episode, but I think money was the reason she left. I haven't even seen her in anything else lately!

J4m3sW4ts0n

[20]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    Grasswidow wrote:
    Actually, they did want to pay her what she was worth. But she didn't want to work for nothing.