Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Why is Sharona not on "Mr Monk's 100th Case"?

tvownsLEXIE

[21]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 21
    I loved the hundredth episode. It may be my favorite Monk episode so far, and it would have been nice for Sharona to have made an appearance, but to be honest I didn't really think about her. I have always liked Sharona better than Natalie, and I'm sad that Sharona had to leave, for whatever reason it was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hapat

[22]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    She was getting a good sum off money each episode, more than a lot of people make in a year. She wasn't worth much more than that, she just got way to greedy and it serves her right. I'd like to see her come back for an episode or two, but that doesn't mean I still don't think she wasn't greedy. The only thing she was ever in was Monk, that made any half decent money, most normal actors don't get a pay bump until after the 5th year of a show. She just should have waited, I'm sure 20,000+ an episode is alot better than being blacklisted and making nothing.

pgsuperfan

[23]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 25
    Mainly because she left the show wanting more $$$$$$

Dirk13

[24]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 16

kathiheck wrote:
    First of all, let's drop the kicked off part. Bitty Shram was NOT fired from Monk. According to the book that's an episode guide to Seasons 1-4, Bitty was interested in pursuing other acting work, so the show came up with the moving to another city storyline to allow to return once in a while if she was available. Considering the fact that the writers take time to mention her on occasion means they don't have a bad relationship with her, or else she'd go off to "Forgotten Character Island," with Chuck Cunningham, Judy Winslow, and the youngest son from the Suzanne Sommers/ Patrick Duffy sitcom (Who's so forgettable I can't remember his name). I am guessing that the only reason she's not making a guest appearance for the 100th episode is because she has other work that's keeping her from appearing. I got mad when George Clooney and Juliana Margulies didn't show up for Anthony Edwards' s character's funeral on ER, but what are you gonna do? Sometimes people are in demand-- case in point : Laurie Metcalf couldn't attend the TV Land awards when "Roseanne" was being honored because she was performing on Broadway in "November," and the Tony Awards was the same night; where would you go, to a ceremony awarding a show you did ten years ago, or an awards ceremony where you're nominated for an award? All I am saying is circumstances cause people to make choices since we can't be multiple places at once. We all want Sharona to put in her two cents for such a momentous occasion as getting to 100 shows, but if she can't be there, wish her good luck at being able to work and let it go.

It may interest you to know that I attended a panel while in college where the producer writer and Shaloub himself were there to prescreen the season opener (the one with the Garbage strike) and someone asked them about Bitty and they were clearly annoyed (not by the question, but their response was clearly not positive).

Things most certaintly did not end on the best of terms, even when they were trying to sound diplomatic it was very bitter sounding. They said something to the effect of "she knows why she's not on the show anymore, and that's something she has to deal with". that most certaintly doesnt sound amicable to me, and that's straight from the source.

monkfan100

[25]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    Dirk13 wrote:

kathiheck wrote:
    First of all, let's drop the kicked off part. Bitty Shram was NOT fired from Monk. According to the book that's an episode guide to Seasons 1-4, Bitty was interested in pursuing other acting work, so the show came up with the moving to another city storyline to allow to return once in a while if she was available. Considering the fact that the writers take time to mention her on occasion means they don't have a bad relationship with her, or else she'd go off to "Forgotten Character Island," with Chuck Cunningham, Judy Winslow, and the youngest son from the Suzanne Sommers/ Patrick Duffy sitcom (Who's so forgettable I can't remember his name). I am guessing that the only reason she's not making a guest appearance for the 100th episode is because she has other work that's keeping her from appearing. I got mad when George Clooney and Juliana Margulies didn't show up for Anthony Edwards' s character's funeral on ER, but what are you gonna do? Sometimes people are in demand-- case in point : Laurie Metcalf couldn't attend the TV Land awards when "Roseanne" was being honored because she was performing on Broadway in "November," and the Tony Awards was the same night; where would you go, to a ceremony awarding a show you did ten years ago, or an awards ceremony where you're nominated for an award? All I am saying is circumstances cause people to make choices since we can't be multiple places at once. We all want Sharona to put in her two cents for such a momentous occasion as getting to 100 shows, but if she can't be there, wish her good luck at being able to work and let it go.

It may interest you to know that I attended a panel while in college where the producer writer and Shaloub himself were there to prescreen the season opener (the one with the Garbage strike) and someone asked them about Bitty and they were clearly annoyed (not by the question, but their response was clearly not positive).

Things most certaintly did not end on the best of terms, even when they were trying to sound diplomatic it was very bitter sounding. They said something to the effect of "she knows why she's not on the show anymore, and that's something she has to deal with". that most certaintly doesnt sound amicable to me, and that's straight from the source.

I wonder if it had to do with the fact that people loved the show but didn't love the character of Sharona and that's why it was very bitter. Also, if you notice that in the first half of Season 3, Sharona barely does anything except in "Panic Room" and "Girl Who Cried Wolf". That's a shame because Bitty Schram is an underrated actress. I wonder if not doing much on the show peeved her off which I hear some stories that Stanford, Levine, and Schram were all upset and wanted raises which Shaloub responded by firing Schram and reducing Stanford and Levine to practically no screen time at all especially if you watch the late Season 3, early Season 4 episodes. But who knows, maybe it's one of those unsolved mysteries of the TV World that we the viewers may never find out. Just my saying.

ajtblue2003

[26]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 19
    They have to bring her back for the last episode of monk for the fans. But that could spark more trouble.

kravitzfan12

[27]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 34
    ajtblue2003 wrote:
    They have to bring her back for the last episode of monk for the fans. But that could spark more trouble.
    I would love to see that, although I severely doubt they will.

This is the only thing I feel is going to keep me from having complete closure at the end of the series' run. I wish they would at least have her back for one episode. It doesn't even have to be the finale. I was hoping they would adapt the Lee Goldberg novel Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants which has Sharona come back to San Francisco after her husband is accused of murder.

I think that would be a great story for them to finish the Sharona thing with, but I guess we'll see if or when she will be coming back...

pgsuperfan

[28]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 25
    I think because she wanted more money and after she left the show her career went downhill fast