Monk Forums

USA (ended 2009)

Writing a Monk Evaulative Essay, Please Help

DoctorShade

[1]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 28

Hi everyone, for my English class I need to write an Evaluative Essay and I picked Monk as my topic. When I'm done I will probably post it as a review so you can all read it. I need some help, can anyone tell me the name of an episode where Monk was questioning someone and he gets distracted in their office and started rearranging something or putting it in order.

Also if you can think of an episode where Monk is being quintessential Monk please tell me the episode and describe the scene.

For both please only suggest episodes from season 1-5, as I only have seen episodes from those seasons and I own the DVDs of 1-5. Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Teresa1643

[2]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    That (rearranging someone's office) happens pretty frequently with Monk, but two examples of this popped to mind. First "Mr. Monk Goes to the Ballgame": in the sports agent's office where he cleans the autograph off the basketball. Second, "Mr. Monk and the Panic Room" in the security guy's office he has him open up a display case so he can straighten it out.

ctooner

[3]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    In "Mr. Monk and the Fasion Show", Monk is talking to one of the models but gets distracted when he notices she has a mole or freckel on one of her shoulders. He askes her to either remove it or put another one on her other shoulder, but she refuses sayng its her trademark or something. Later, when the model ends up dead, he draws a freckel/mole on her other shoulder with an eyeliner pencil.

DoctorShade

[4]Mar 6, 2008
    Thank you both, the security guy and fashion show examples will be helpful. The main problem I'm having with this essay is that it's hard to describe scenes of Monk as examples of him being funny I think to really get why they are funny you need to watch them.

ctooner

[5]Mar 7, 2008
    theres also another one i thought of (though i cant remeber which episode). Monk and Natalie are at an art galery. Monk notices one of the paintings has a spilt cup of wine in it. he tries puting up with his fingers, but obviously its a painting. the conversation that happens next goes something like this:

Natalie: What?
    Monk: Some wine spilled.
    Natalie: Where?
    Monk: Over there.
    Natalie: It's a painting.
    Monk: It's driving me a little crazy.
    Natalie: Don't look at it. i remember the episode now: its Mr.Monk and Little Monk.

DoctorShade

[6]Mar 8, 2008
    lol, I remember that scene. Thanks for your help but I already handed in the paper. I will post it as a review on Monday or Tuesday. I regret that I forgot to go into the whole Monk needs a wipe every 5 seconds bit and I also understated Natlie's role but other than that I think it's pretty good.

DoctorShade

[7]Mar 10, 2008
    I posted it as a review, to read it go to my profile or search for it here.

ctooner

[8]Mar 11, 2008
    hey! you used my idea! glad i could help.
    any ways... nice essay! hope you got a good grade.