Monk

Mr. Monk and Sharona

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 23, 2009 on USA

• Sharona was a bit out of character.

Sharona returning to the show sounded like it was going to be a good episode. But to me she never really clicked. She kinda gave me that girl that makes good and comes back to visit the little people vibe. But portraying her as a scheming money grubber who did not care nor want to know if her own uncle was murdered definately was not in Sharona's character, at least the one I remember. They tried to reconsiliate this by adding that she had only seen her uncle twice in her life, and she wanted the money to send her son to college. For me, this did not work. When she finally realizes how heartless she's being, she turns it around and wants to catch her uncle's killer. Okay, fine that's a little better. But at the end when she trips and breaks her arm, and gets that big grin with the "Ka-Ching" look in her eyes, that ruined that.
    Add to that the horrible comedy of doing the "Here's what happened" in the murderer's closet while he was getting them orange juice. Oh come on! So far this season has been a big dissappointment to me. I was expecting this season to build to the final conclusion. But they have given no indication within the story lines that this will be the final season. They are going about their merry way like a normal (yet sub-par) season, and then its gonna be BAM, throwing the conclusion at us out of nowhere like hitting a brick wall.