Monk

Mr. Monk and the Bully

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on USA

• Monk meets his past.

There was nothing special about this episode.It was just a solid effort that dealt with Monk's issues that go all the way back to seventh grade.However it is always nice to see Monk get some closure on some of these old issues.Did he end up liking his old bully?Of course not.As a matter of fact,his old nemesis didn't show signs of remorse.Despite all that,Monk did what he had to do:he solved the case even though he was loving it's initial developments.I am a being fan of Tony Shalhoub and i am always impressed by the wide variety of his acting abilities.He had me laughing a lot when he was at the crime scene and couldn't contain his joy.It's nice to see Monk happy once in a while,even if it for vengeaful reasons.But being the moral compass of the show,he had to get to the bottom of the case and i am glad he did so proving to the bully how bigger of a man he was.I also liked Natalie's part in this since she was there to bring back to reality when it mattered.I would like to see more of the two of them going undercover.Overall it was a solid episode but i am hoping for something more specatcular in the remaining two.