Monk

Mr. Monk and the Bully

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on USA

• Mr. Monk and the Bully was a demonstration of a great Monk episode, definitely living up to (or exceeding) The Monk Reputation. *The Monk Reputation: a funny, awesome and classic example of what most TV shows should be like.

Mr. Monk and the Bully was a classic example of a great Monk episode. It flowed great, it was funny and it was perfected enough to make me smile the whole way through (which is rare, because i have ridiculously high standards). At first I was skeptical how good this episode may be, seeing that the idea was not the most interesting. Before I get to the good stuff I have to say why I did not give this episode a perfect 10.0. The episode had many scenes or ideas that have already been played out in Monk many times, including: using someone who looks like you to cover up a crime, Monk not understanding how to tip someone and even the bully was used in multiple episodes before. It almost seems like USA is running short on new ideas but it still didn't prevent them from making a fresh episode with great dialogue (hey, even Taylor playing Natalie didn't sound super fake and annoying) and Tony Shalhoub did an absolute 100% amazing job. If you thought Mr. Monk and the Bully was weak, wake up and think about perfect the episode flowed and gave a prime example to what USA Network, Adrian Monk and supporting actors can really do.