Monk

Mr. Monk and the Dog

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 30, 2009 on USA

• "ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff!" that's Dog for ten! Monk's favourite number, and an appropriate rating for this episode. Monk is having a good final season and this is my fave ep so far.

this episode melted my heart and made me laugh a lot, a lot! it was absolutely sweet to watch Monk interact with that dog. that dog was so cute it could have it's own show! the script was pretty good for this ep too, there was a surprise at the end which i did not see coming. I was completely consumed with enjoying watching Monk and the dog, so that was a good 'mis-direction' i guess you'd say which made me more easily surprised by the twist i think. I loved how Monk's character "opened his heart" to the dog, as Nathalie said. i'm really looking forward to seeing how they wrap up the series - I feel like the show is on a really good curve right now, and that should take it to an excellent finish. which will be bittersweet no doubt. I'll miss it, but i think they are going out in style.