Monk

Mr. Monk and the End - Part II

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 04, 2009 on USA

• It's Over.

Monk's finally over. It feels weird to know that if I turn on USA Network on Friday Tony Shalhoub won't be on my TV screen talking about the cleanliness of the apartment in which a man was just murdered anymore.

As far as finales go, this one was superb. Why? Because it was just another episode of Monk. There was a murder, there was a creepy killer, and Adrian solved it all in the end. It showed that the world will continue in California, just with a few minor changes as everyone now has somebody in their life.

This show did a lot of things for television. It showed that a cable series could be better than anything on network TV. It showed that you can have an eccentric personality as the lead, paving the way for shows like The Mentalist and Psych. And it just showed that family humor can still be funny. I say that just about every week, but it is true. This show is rated PG, yet is just as enjoyable as Two and a Half Men, a show that averages a sexual innuendo every 2.5 seconds.

The episode was humorous, sad, sincere and dramatic all at once. This was a well-done finale for a show that will be missed.
CLOO