Monk

Mr. Monk and the End - Part II

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 04, 2009 on USA

• A journey comes to an end.

I can't believe i am writing my final review for Monk. This has been one of the most enjoyable shows i have ever watched and it was capped off with a fantastic finale. One that won't disappoint Monk fans.

In the past 8 years, no case has consumed Adrian more than that of his wife's murder. We finally know what happened now. Monk has got the closure he desperately needed. Watching the last two episodes, it did seem a bit predictable, but this was one case where Monk was too attached to think clearly. How could he ever suspect that Trudy was involved in an a affair when she was so young? Or what the repercussions of that relationship were?

But this is where the writing of the episode was genius. They solved the case in the first half of the episode and devoted a lengthy amount of time to giving a happy ending to all the characters. Monk has a person he can love in his life and he seems to have gotten rid of all the baggage he used to carry. Leland and Natalie are continuing their lives as happy as they have been and Randy has finally found his purpose too. I couldn't be any more happy for all of them. I wish characters like Sharona or Ambrose made an appearance, but it's not something that bothered me too much.

Overall, this has been a wondeful show. One that will go down as one of the best of the past decade. Thanks for everything Mr Monk. You will be missed.