Monk

Mr. Monk and the Magician

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 13, 2009 on USA

• Mr. Monk and the Magician....was a good episode..but a poor one compared to the rest of the season. [SPOILER ALERT]

Mr. Monk and the Magician is about a magician that seems too fool everyone on all his magic tricks. He also fools Monk about how he killed his assistant and long time neighbor of Monk, Kevin Dorfman. This episode took me by complete surprise when USA Network decided to kill off one of the strangest but funniest reoccurring characters, Kevin Dorfman. At first I didnt believe it, but then sure enough the funeral took place along with his wacky relatives seeming to not give any mind that their cousin, brother or relative Kevin was dead. It seems kinda goofy and not very well thought out. I didn't laugh and I think USA would have done a better job by making it dramatic and cause the audience to gasp instead of blandly opening their mouths going, "Oh...no??" Besides the pathetic attempt to kill off a great character I enjoyed the magic tricks and occasional funny jokes put into this episode. While Kevin was living he brought something funny to the episode and the episode also had a great ending. USA messed it up this time, and they usually do very well to make the best Monk episode possible but they just fell short of their reputation of producing great Monk episodes. Hopefully, the Season finale puts Monk back on his feet.

ALSO, if your wondering why I rated this episode 7.0 it's because it wasn't a BAD episode it just wasn't as greast as most Monk episodes.