Monk

Mr. Monk and the Paperboy

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 16, 2004 on USA

6.4
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show monk a paper boy that monk usully has dilver his papers gets killed his asttant does and they see a person stealing the monks papers and they start to investgate and go over the papers and they solve two crimes but cant seem to solve the crime there looking for till monk realizes that the news was right infront of them it was the lottery monks nibore in his apartment building won the lottery and the girl that works at the convice store that he hits on all the time came up with the plan for him to not see he won and to get married and then kill him and inherit the money
  • "Exactly why I watch this series"

Mr. Monk and the Paper Boy

Mr. Monk and the Paper Boy is the best episode of Monk. It has a great combination of a good story line and it is funny. If you haven't watched many episodes of Monk this is definatly the one to watch. It shows Monk perfectly and it is hilarious how he freaks out because there are detectives and police inside his house because it is the near the scene of the crime. One of the policemen ask Monk where the bathroom is and Monk tells him that he doesn't have one. Sharona wants Monk to come with her out of the house but Monk says he wants to be there in case anything spills and Sharona tells him that he doesn't want to be there if something spills. I've seen every episode of Monk and Mr. Monk and the Paper Boy is the greatest episode.
  • Great episode

This was a classic example of a good show. The clues found by Monk seemed considerably less contrived than we are used to. In fact, Monk spends most of the episode completely on the wrong trail, assuming the newspaper that was stolen was his.

Randy's infatuation with Sharona is furthered as he apparantly has placed a personal ad looking for a woman who fits Sharona's description. Though in the ad, he is looking for a woman with 2 kids and Sharona only has one.

All in all a very enjoyable episode and one that felt as though it strayed just a bit from the formula we see in most Monk episodes (and that's a good thing...I like my mysteries unpredictable).
  • Mr. Monk and the Paper Boy