Monk

Mr. Monk and the T.V. Star

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 30, 2004 on USA

• this was a good ep

in this ep of the show monk there is a tv star whos been in the news at the bar puching him and so the poparize was out side his hosue when it seemed his ex wife was murderd and monk starts to investgate and they belivie monk that he is the suspect and since there all caught in the tv hype and so monk realizes how he fanked the lie detector test and they go even more digging when they realize the sceams they heard that morning were from the movie she did years ago and when he went to check that is when he killed her and they could hear the screams that were on the movie tape on the killing. and he did it so he would not have to pay his wife this was a good ep
  • One of the greatest and funniest episodes of the earlier seasons.

I usually enjoy the episodes about making a tv serie or a movie since they are filled with little inside jokes. This wasn't an exception. I found myself laughing out loud in my bed in the middle of the night. Good thing my family members are deep sleepers.

The mystery itself wasn't too hard to see and all through the episode I could guess where it was going but I very much enjoyed the ride, and in the end that is what matters the most. I'll be watching this again tomorrow since I just have to show it to my spouse.
  • Monk investigates the murder of a TV star's ex-wife. When she was murdered, he was right outside the house being interviewed by reporters. But Monk's not so sure.

Sarah Silverman's character is hilarious. So is the ongoing debate about the theme song. There's not much character development in this episode, it's just solving a murder. It is one of the episodes where everyone doubts Monk. In this one, they doubt him because they find the TV star charming and attractive and he invites them to parties and offers perks. But they come back to Monk quickly, knowing as we do that all the charm is just a facade. Monk is amazed to see, near the end, that the actor can lie without his pulse changing, but I don't know if most actors are really that calm and collected. Who was it that said being an actor is about coping with uncertainty? I think they sweat.
CLOO