Monk

Mr. Monk and the Three Julies

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 25, 2008 on USA

• A little change up from the norm...

For all those folks that posted in the forums that they wanted to see more character development with little Ms. Julie Teeger it looks like prayers were answered.

That's two in a row that had me laughing about every chance that I got. I liked how they took and used the whole Psycho spin...it played well with Monks squeamish tendencies. Julie taking that driving test was classic, brought me back to what I must of been like when I was going for mine some time ago. I felt bad for Stottlemeyer though, brand new Dodge and by shows end my old beater looked show room compared to that. USA you continue to amaze me with how the show is being revamped...good job!
  • Hilarious and downright fun!

This is one of my favorite episodes of Monk. The most ironic thing about this episode is how I was working on learning to drive when I saw this episode. It's nice to know Julie drives worse than I do (XD) There's hope for me yet! One of the funniest parts of this episode was the beginning where Stottlemeyer got the new car he's always wanted. Unfortunately, Natalie wrecked it several times when she heard of a homicide victim by the name of Julie Teeger. The second best part was when Randy was forced to dress up as the crazy guy's mom in their plot to catch the guy they thought were killing the Julie Teegers. Another funny part was when Julie was on the phone with her friend and was telling her how cool it was to be under lockdown. All in all, a very good episode.
  • Fun and suspenseful!

This is what I'm talking about! There hasn't been an episode this good since Sharona left! Okay, maybe a few, but the show has gone downhill ever since Sharona left. Monk has become a complete caricature, The Captain and Randy are flat characters more often used as mere props, and Natalie and Julie are painfully dull and useless. This episode however, was funny and origial, yet reminded me of the quality, well written episodes from the first 3 seasons that made Monk such a hit! I hope the writters keep it up, because until this episode, I thought this season was the worst yet.