Monk

Mr. Monk Gets Hypnotized

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 12, 2008 on USA

• The best and the worst

This is my first review for Monk and i picked this episode for a specific reason.I believe that it specifies the basics of the series.Even more than the previous 100th episode.In the last month i watched all the episodes from season 4 up to this one.I will begin with my basic complaint that another reviewer mentioned.Why isn't Adrian Monk allowed to show the slicest sign of improvement?The last scene was an ideal way to do that and to send the viewers happy into the 3 month break.Instead,and for the umpteenth time,he is sent back to square one.If as it is rummored the series ends this season shouldn't we get glimpses of Monk progressing?Also,and i don't believe i speak only for myself,i would like to see his relationship with Natalie become more deep.I am not expecting a relationship before the Trudy murder is solved,but she is the one person who cares about him the most.Even more than Sharona.Finally,and since this is my first review,i would like to applaud Tony Shaloub on his performances.The man is talented like hell.On one hand he makes you roll around laughing(the scene with the kids) and on the other hand he can bring tears in your eyes(when he remembers Trudy).Genius.