Mr. Monk Takes a Punch

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Aug 08, 2008 on USA

• Monk must pass a physical to remain on the force.

Monk has brought in many guest stars and produced many memorable episodes over its near decade long run. While the boxing storyline has been done by nearly every show, Monk approached it in a unique, and sentimental way. With the Ultimate Fighting Championship PPV this weekend, it made me enjoy the show even more. The plot built up anticipation toward the end and Monk and Natalie worked hard to contribute to that pay-off. Not only was there mystery but there was the great comedy you have come to expect when you tune in to an episode of Monk. Even in its 7th Season the USA Network original still manages to keep things fresh and energetic. The side characters of Randy and Stottlemeyer also add another interesting dynamic to the show.

It was not Monk's best episode ever, but everyone played their part well, the writing was superb and I enjoyed how everything was tied together in the end like Monk needing all the skills to catch the sniper and the funny angry man putting the hit on Regis.

As I get closer to heading back to school it's great to be able to sit back and enjoy great episodes of TV like this.