Monk

USA (ended 2009)

Gislef

Monk Fan Reviews page 9 of 12

• fantastic program, charactors are well developed, and Monk is portrayed perfectly.

What a refreshing program on cable! The plot is always interesting, and keeps the viewer guessing as to the final outcome of the case. How will Mr Monk solve the case? You can be assured that Tony Shalhoub's protrayal of the obsessive compulsive detective will be perfect. Tony seems to be perfect for the part of Adrian Monk, and has done his homework well. The body language is as entertaining as the program itself.
    The other charactors in the Monk series are also well developed, and the viewer soon begins to know the charactors, and how they will react to certain developments in the show.
    Great show, hope it runs for another 10-15 years!!
  • I like it

it\'s very funny but start is always so spooky and bloody.And im a bit like him.its so strange how cn someone be like this. He can\'t hold even an iron pole(or how to say it i cant speak english very well)with bare hands. He is just so funny. But he can do his job very well.
  • One of my favorite shows. It suffered a little during Season 2 but quickly got back on track.

Monk is a wonderful show, and is lead by the fantastic performance of Tony Shalhoub. He gets to play both drama and comedy, and is excellent at both. He is supported by his assistant Natalie (or Sharona, for the first 38 episodes), Captain Leland Stottlemeyer, and Lieutenant Randy Disher. They all bounce off of him in different ways, and their characters are, for the most part, developed extremely well. Kudos to all these actors for bringing the show to life.

The writing is usually pretty good, though it dwindled down to pure silliness in the second half of Season 2 and the first few episodes of Season 3. However, after these lackluster episodes, the series got back on track. Now my only complaint about the writing is that the mysteries have become rather obvious, and more of a subplot. Still, since Season 3, the episodes have kept getting better and better...

Overall, Monk is a great show that has fine acting, good writing, and is very entertaining.
  • Probably the only show on prime-time television that doesn't rely on sex, violence, foul language or eye candy to attract viewers. I love this show, it makes me laugh so hard and manages to break my heart all within the same hour.

Tony Shalhoub is adorable in his torment. He walks the fine line between Monk's comical mishaps, strategic brilliance, stoic attempts to get on with his life and those wrenching moments when he gives up on the world and retreats into his dreams with Trudy. The cases are often brilliant, although they were better in the first season. But after that, the amazing characters carried the show on. Captain Stottlemeyer is also a broken man, gruff in asserting his authority but as he said in one episode "Who am I? I'm the guy that knows how to call you." Randy is often comic relief, and they could flesh him out a little more. I miss Sharona a little, but Natalie is really spunky and I like her too.
  • Cut back on TV. this was my sacrifice

It is a hilarious show. Watched it on and off for last couple of years, but now I just do not have enough time to watch. Anyone with a sense of humor will enjoy this show thoroughly. Good story lines along with good actors. On to bigger and better things now.
  • Monk is a clever cop show

I really like Monk a lot. Its not anywhere near as serious as other cop shows, its more light-hearted.

Its a lot like a feel good cop show. Monk is an obsessive compulsive cop. He became like that after his wife died.

Even though everything has to be a certain way for him, he still has an uncanny knack for solving crimes. He solves them in very original ways.

Tony Shaloub is simply superb as Monk. Its no wonder that he is always up for the biggest awards. There are other regular characters but they all seem to revolve around Monk who is well and truly the centre of this show. (as the name suggests!)
  • Monk is a detective show about a former Police officer Adrian Monk and his idiocincracies obout the world we live in. His condition was enhanced after the death of his wife in the first episode He specializes in the tiniest of details and uses them to sol

I like this show alot. You dont see skin. There are a few sexual comments insuated but not explointed.Yet it can keep your attention
    It moves along well and you cant get lost in the storyline.
    I love the crime scenes as they always are different.
    How ever much I like it they need it to evolve
    quickly as as it is starting to have flashes of Murder she wrote.
    Which also was a good show but most of the time Ive got it figured out half way through and then its time to upgrade and explore new additions
  • I really love this show!!! Tony Shaloub is a comedic genius!

I really love this show!!! Tony Shaloub is a comedic genius! He plays every little quirk so well, and infuses Monk with such an interesting personality and character. I was a bit disappointed when the replaced Sharona, and it took me several episodes to get used to Natalie, butI don't feel that the show has suffered dramatically at all.
    Captain Stotelmier and Randy Disher add comedy to what would otherwisse be considered normal workplace interactions and their many interactions with Monk, and how they handle his quirks are irreplacible. The show would not be what it is without those two characters.
    I also think that it is so sweet that Monk is still totally commited, devoted, and completely in love with his late wife. It shows what a trully gentle personality he has.
  • i think that Monk is the best thing that ever haappened to me. i just love the show. my favorite thing about Monk is that it is not bloodey. my other favoriite thing about Monk is that every thing has to be identigel. i just love that show.

i think that Monk is the best thing that ever haappened to me. i just love the show. my favorite thing about Monk is that it is not bloodey. my other favoriite thing about Monk is that every thing has to be identigel. i just love that show. i wish that Monk came on every time at 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00. then it would be like a marothan every day. i also have to say that i am Monk\'s fan. it is my FAVORITE show EVER. if you could write what your ompineon is. (i am sorry for spelling) i would just love if you could find a cool picture of Monk and send it to me. i would just LOVE that. i have to go eat dinner. so bye.
  • my family and friends love \"monk\"! tony Shalhoub is the most talented star i have enjoyed in a long time.NO OTHER ACTOR COULD PLAY the part of monk as great as he does!We make no plays to go anywhere on friday nights except to watch monk! PLEASE never c

All my family and friends love \"Monk\"! Tony Shalhoub is the most talented star i have enjoyed in a long time.No other actor could play the part of monk as great as he does!! We never make any plans for friday nights except to stay home and watch monk.PLEASE never cancel this wonderful show that a whole family can enjoy together!Its so wonderful to watch such a refreshing show. THANK YOU for airing monk!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This show is very quirky and makes you think and guess what Adrian is thinking. This character is adorable and very human. You have to be a thinker to truly love this show. A very funny and entertaining series.

I find myself upset when the season ends on this show. I look foward to the next Monk mystery. He is totally orginal and even if you can second guess his next clean fix will come from, you don't always catch on to how he is thinking regarding the case he is solving. This makes for a better surprise at the end. Monk is great-Go Adrian!! How often can you laugh and use your mind while watching just one show? The others are right, it is a clean show that I would let children watch which is great for families. You have my vote Mr. Monk.
  • Tony Shaloub plays a detective whose keen sense of observation brought on by his mental condition helps him to solve the subtlest of murders yet plays havoc with his personal life. I love him and he has well earned the awards he won.

Monk, to me, is the best thing on tv by far. Tony Shaloub is adorable as the obsessive compulsive/phobic detective who notices everything. I would hate to live that way, he is so uptight, but it is fun watching him. The show has great writing, intelligent plots and humor. What can I say, it is absolutely flawless there is nothing I don't like about the show, except that it is not on often enough.

rona riley
  • MONK is refreshing to watch, no vulgar language or half naked women and it makes you THINK and be entertained all at the same time. Hats off to Tony Shaloub and the great cast for making me laugh.

After what I\'ve seen on network television these past couple years, it is comforting to know that I can tune in on Friday nights and watch MONK on USA. Too bad there aren\'t more shows like this. He is funny and brilliant and a joy to watch. I have resorted to USA, A&E, HGTV and TVland for my television viewing since the networks are bringing violence, sex and vulgarity into our livingrooms.
  • this show is so stupid...

I hate this show. It's so dumb and predictable. And why does it seem like his stupid "phobias" or "obessive compusive" problems happen with the lamest consequenses?? At least make them funny (they're not) or make them a serious issue! The way it is now, the show just makes Monk look like a moron. I have no idea why this show is so popular. I think it's for stupid people. And the world is over run with them so...
  • Monk reminds me of Mr. Bean

Monk is the greatest television show of our time, it not only keeps with the clean family fun comedy of classic television but also introduces a new humor found more often in today's viewing contents. The main character, Adrian Monk is such a lovable person, he has that vulnerability that is just adorable. His assistant is the one who keeps the show together with quick wit and awesome ability at making up for Monk's mistakes. The never ending supply of surprising story plots keep the show interesting and just all together fun to watch. It has it all: tragedy, love, and everyone's favorite, comedy. Monk is going to be tv's new classic now and in the years to come.
  • Why are there no gay people in this show?

I like Monk, it is better than most network shows. I don't understand why there are never any gay characters. I think I've seen every episode and don't think I've ever seen a gay character. This is located in San Francisco? Not only should gay characters be commonplace, they should be on the police department. This really stood out to me in the recent episode where the Office Party had no gay couples or characters dancing together -- I have been to San Francisco a lot and believe me there'd have been some same sex dancing at that party.

The show itself is above average. I just don't understand why it is located in San Francisco and doesn't reflect San Francisco to me at all.
  • I Never Miss It

Monk cracks me up! I did not begin to watch it until the 3rd season but was immediately hooked once I did. Now I own the first 3 seasons on DVD and can't wait for season 4.

This character is one of the best ever developed and Mr Shalhoub's timing and reactions are priceless. I always judge an actor based on his/her ability to make the character real for me. If you mention Marlon Brando, I picture Don Vito Corleone. If you mention Tony Shalhoub, I picture Adrian Monk.

Not only that but there is at least one scene (usually more) in every episode that just makes me laugh out loud. If not Monk himself (Mr Monk Goes to School, Mr Monk and the Secret Santa, Mr Monk and the Panic Room, Mr Monk Goes to Mexico, Mr Monk Goes to the Circus), then one of the supporting characters....Mrs Ling, Ambrose Monk, Kevin Dorfman, Julie Parlo, Marci, etc. etc. etc.

Kudos to the team that came up with this character and the story lines.
  • Monk is very unique I love the fact the it has drama but is not so intens. It really makes me laugh I cant get enough of Monk.

I love this show I try not to skip an episodo I really Love the x-mas special.I wish it was on atleast 2x a week .I can\'t wait for next season Im so exited. MR.Monk & I have a few things in commend but thats not why I love him He is the most unique man ever. I LOVE MONK!!!
  • Monk is great, its so different from CSI and other shows, which makes it better. There joke, which make it light hearted and the show more fun to watch, plus the characters are brillant, its not like you\'ll see a detictvie on CSI with a cleaning or perfe

Monk is great, its so different from CSI and other shows, which makes it better. There joke, which make it light hearted and the show more fun to watch, plus the characters are brillant, its not like you\'ll see a detictvie on CSI with a cleaning or perfectin style condition!
  • I absolutley love monk. It's the only show that'll I'll actualy sit down to watch. I would love it if they had Adrian Monk play the game Tetris. He'd be either really good at it or totally bomb it because he is too much of a perfectionist.

Monk is the greatest television show of our time, it not only keeps with the clean family fun comady of classic television but also introduces a new humor found more often in today's viewing contents. The main character, Adrian Monk is such a lovable person, he has that vulnerability that is just adorable. His assistant is the one who keeps the show together with quick wit and awesome ability at making up for Monk's mistakes. The never ending supply of surprising story plots keep the show interesting and just all together fun to watch. It has it all: tragedy, love, and everyone's favorite, comedy. Monk is going to be tv's new classic now and in the years to come.
  • It isn't often that a series on a cable network turns out to be the best new show of the season...

It isn't often that a series on a cable network turns out to be the best new show of the season, but that is just what happened with "Monk". It is off beat, delightfully acted and very humorously written. Monk, himself, is outrageous and unpredictable. The viewer never knows what Monk will find to obsess over. However he is as observant or even more so than Sherlock Holmes. Tony Shaloub is really great in bringing this difficult character to life. The whole cast is exactly right. It is no wonder that ABC picked up this show to repeat the original episodes on broadcast TV.
  • This show is retarted.

0.2
    I get crime dramas are popular with your CSI's and Law & Orders; but this is just painfully a bad show with horrible actors in it. Monk is about a man thats a detective that solves cases. I'd love to know who in the world is Tony Shalhoub which plays the detective this stupid show.
  • Monk is a great show and a true classic.

Monk is a great show and a true classic. After Detective Adrian Monk's wife died, Monk was torn. Now, years later, Monk works as a detective for the police department. He's a great detective and solves cases in a way that few people could ever imagine. He's considered the best there is. There's only one problem, and that is that Monk is a little...different. He's obsessive compulsive and has germophobia along with a few other phobias. But as long as Monk has his nurse by his side (currently a young woman named Natalie) then he continues to solve his cases. Monk's character is truly unique and fun to watch. The show if both a comedy and a drama. I watch it all the time and encourage it to everyone. This is a show that everyone can watch no matter what their age.
  • Monk is not your usually crime fighter. Monk is a detective that solves cases by using his brain and evidence to solve the mysteries. However, he has a problem, which is that he is compulsive and obsessive.

Monk is a great show because not only does it fight crime, but there is humor to Monk's complusive and obsessive matters in dealing with every day things. He combats it by having a nurse with him at all times. He fights crime by using his obessive complusive methods to lock up criminals.
  • The Defective Detective

Tony Shalhoub is a versatile actor who's been in the business for many years. His sitcom career spans from Antonio Scarpacci in Wings to Ian Stark in Stark Raving Mad before landing the much acclaimed title role of Monk. Prior to that he began acting in small roles in films such as "Honeymoon In Vegas", and with Bill Murray in "Quick Change". He also continued acting in films despite his TV roles, including "Men In Black", "Siege", "I.Q." and "Galaxy Quest" among others.

In Monk Tony Shalhoub is former police detective Adrian Monk, whose photographic memory and amazing ability to piece together tiny clues made him a local legend.

From the double-episode pilot through the first half of season three, Monk was aided by his nurse, Sharona Fleming (Bitty Schram). But in the tenth episode of the third season, Sharona was replaced by a new assistant, Natalie Teeger (Traylor Howard ex-star of Two Guys & A girl). Like Sharona, a divorcee with a son named Benjy, Natalie is a single parent, a widow with a daughter named Julie (Emmy Clarke). Unlike Sharona, Natalie is not a nurse but a former bartender with a fresh perspective on "Mr. Monk," as she still addresses him.

You can't help but compare it to Columbo but funnier. Its subtle comedy is more an undertone & with great writing both the humor as well as the suspense shine through.
  • This is a cool show, its a detectvie show and at the same time its funny.

I love this show because hes a funny, obsessive copulsive detective, I just think its cool, and I am a ittle obsessive compulsive so I think thats funny. It gets better every season, and funnier. Its always fun to try and figure out the murder case before the end of the show. It's easy to get into.
  • shalhoub carries the show

could someone as neurotic as adrian monk every survive in the real world, probably - but could they be this funny and charming, doubtful.
    tony shalhoub carries this show - he plays the role of quirky, nerdy detective monk to perfection. the cases are bizarre, the dialogue's enaging, the character entertaining ( i miss sharona), there's the occassional misstep- no show's perfect. a nice not too violent hour of tv viewing.
  • Well it's a jungle out there.....it's a jungle everywhere......it's a jungle out there!!!!

It's Monk!!!!! My most favourite show in the world....well make that one of my favourites. It's a crime show full of comedy that I wouldn't miss one episode of. With his assintant and his bosss, Monk ius one of the greatest detectives in the world. He solves all types of crimes from murders to robberys. He uses all his skills and many unusual talents to solve all the crimes.
  • Comedy and drama is a good mix.

Comedy and drama is a good mix.Monk is funny and a great detective.I love the theme song.My faverit episode is monk gets stuck in traffic.All the episodes are great.I like Natalie better then sherowna.I also like the episode Monk gets cabin fever.its goodthey play it on usa.you should watch it.
  • Funny, interesting, and not at all boring. One of my favorites.

Monk is deffinatly my favorite investigative-type shows right now. It has all the great elements of a drama, including humor, an interesting story plot, unique and non-predictible episodes, and an obessesive compulsive detective ;)

Highly recomended. One of the few shows on USA I'll actually way on a regular basis.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12