Monk

USA (ended 2009)

Gislef

Monk Fan Reviews (344)

• About the series

It had great acting for Tony Shalhoub in season 1, 3-4 and Main Title Theme Music in season 1-2.
  • More Seasons For Monk!

I know that it must take a lot of time and effort to make 8 whole seasons , but just stopping the best detective show on tv. , when I felt like I was really getting to know the characters is unacceptable . They should go to at least season 10 ! I have watched all the seasons , and even though they revealed who killed Trudy does not mean they have to stop there , the network really had something going for them there !
  • bring monk back

Monk is the best detective show anyone has ever did and i think they should do another series.... i love watching monk episodes back to back but we need new ones please bring it back...
  • A detective show unlike any others

Monk is a detective show unlike any others. Monk is a great show with hilarious moments and great mysteries.
  • The Show Summary is Incorrect

The show summary is incorrect. It states that Monk did not suffer from OCD and the various phobias until after his wife was murdered. However, in at least two episodes this is proved to be incorrect, episode 815, Mr. Monk and the End Part 1, and Episode 109, Mr. Monk and the Marathon Man. In Episode 815, in the very beginning, it shows Monk as a detective, before Trudy's death. He is at a maternity clinic investigating a murder of one of their midwives. There is a fake newborn baby model, with the umbilical cord still attached. As you may know no umbilical cord is straight, so of course this one isn't, but Monk is trying to straighten it. In Episode 109, we find out that Mr. Monk was on a track team in high school. He quit after an 'incident', in which his shoelaces are uneven. He loses the meet because, instead of running, he is trying to make his shoelaces even. This is the best show ever. I'm addicted, and I may be developing OCD because of it!
  • Best Detective Show

It's such a shame Monk had to end, Monk is definitely my favourite detective show of all time with Psych following it. Tony Shalhoub, easily the best actor out of all the cast members, his portrayal of a person with OCD was excellent and outstanding.
  • Something for all kinds of people.

I'm not as bad as Monk, to which my wife says "Thank God!" But I can see how a person could get that way. I know that's why I loved this show even though detective shows don't usually interest me. I empathize with him a great deal. No. I would never be that good of a detective, but maybe that's why I was that good of a draftsman. This show had so many things to offer a viewer. If you liked comedies, or detectives, or dysfunctional comic situations, this show had it all. Even the catchy theme song was brilliant. I sadly expect it will be many years before another show this good comes back to television. I had two thoughts. Has anyone every listed all the things Monk was afraid of? Has anyone ever listed all the methods used to murder in this series?
  • I love MONK!!!

I just discovered Monk in January of 2012, crazy right, before I don't know were I've been, I love the way Monk is, he is so funny and amazing, I fell in love with the Captain, I love the way he acts and those beautiful eyes, well I love him, I like Natalie better then Sharona any day and Randy he's a great sidekick for the Captain, all in all Monk, Captain, Randy & Natalie are the best cast together and I wish they'd all come back together!!!
  • This. Show. IS. AWESOME.

Monk is the awesomist guy with OCD!
  • Nan Scott

Unfortunately for me, I just stumbled on to Monk last year, and quickly became addicted. I can watch that show and laugh out loud at the nuiances, and am amazed by the character development, and sheer comic genious of Adrian Monk( Tony Shaloub). Since it's difficult to find in the reruns, I often channel surf around with dedicated, hungry eyes for a glimpse of this captivating program. It seems that truly original programs are doomed; my other fav of all times was Northern Exposure, it didn't last as longas Monk did!
  • My all time favorite tv show may monk live forever and forver it will be charished every season is wondeful from begining to end i love this show so much

Monk is the best and will always be the best show no matter what happens i can honistly say i have not missed a episode not 1 i have watched it since its premere and now its mid way in season 4 i just cant wait for seasons 5 and 6 to start
  • Not just a detective show, Monk is about the mystery of life. A true gem, with one of the best characters I've seen in a long time.

This show is about so much more than solving murders. Monk is my favorite TV character to come along in the last ten years, at least. Each week he uses his brilliant mind and talents to solve crimes that no one else can decipher, but he also has to deal with much more difficult issues. How do you live with all the bad things that happen in this world? When even the smallest, simplest things are terrifying to you, how do you keep going? As someone with a severe phobia myself, I can testify how difficult that is. That Monk constantly overcomes his fears and makes great, awe-inspiring discoveries in spite of them, is truly wonderful.

It's one of those shows that can make you laugh, cry, and think deeply in the space of a few minutes. I would recommend this show to anyone.
  • Sorry its ending

Monk it one of the funniest and most origional shows on television. i have watched it since season two and have seen most of the episodes more than once. he is the kind of character that everyone can relate to. it is such a shame that the show decided to end as i feel it could have gone on for several more seasons. at least though we will now find out who killed monks wife trudy!! i cant wait to see how it ends and yet i hope it never does. at least it will always live on in reruns!
  • Monk is probably the most original show I have ever seen.

Monk is a detective is San Fransico who has an extreme case of OCD and many phobias. When has a show even been remotely like that!? It is so original. Monk solves just about every crime he is put up against except the most important one...The car bombing of his late wife, Trudy.
    Now yes, some episodes can be very unrealistic and Monk in its eight seasons has lost some of its touch, but that doesn't stop it from being a great show still.
    The acting is very good. Tony Shaloub does an extremely excellent job in protraying Monk. Ted Levine, Traylor Howard, Jason Grey-Stanford, and the late Stanley Kamel also do a fine job.
    I consider Monk a drama with a lot of quirky and comedic elements. The writing is fine, directing is very good, and, even though I said it's lost some of its touch, an all-around grat show.
  • A must watch and an instant classic, you'll thank me later.

Mr. Monk is perhaps one of the greatest detectives on the face of the earth. Despite his many fears (heights, germs, crowds, birds, wind, milk and more) tendencies, and perfectionist nature, he is undoubtedly one of the greatest characters on television. Plus he is surrounded by other characters that are just about as likable and as fun as Monk himself. From the dense Lieutenant Randy Disher (Jason-Gray-Stanford) to the hot tempered Captain Leland Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine), to the lovely Sharona Flemming (Bitty Schram). Everyone is well thought out and very likable.

There is never a story repeated in Monk, every episode is fresh and new, no cookie cutter stories here! And every little detail in every little episode could be the piece of evidence that cracks the case, this keeps you constantly paying attention to every detail, as insignificant as it may seem.

The dialog is just plain awesome, everyone is believable and funny at the same time. Randy Disher by himself is a riot with his stupid names for criminals and lame puns, or Monks' arguments with Sharona Flemming. Even after the funnier moments you can truly feel for the characters, and you WANT the culprits who Monk is tracking to be thwarted. In fact the various villains of the show are so convincing it makes you actually hate their character.

Overall, Monk is full of emotion, it's fun but sad at the same time. Eight seasons later, the show may be gone but the seasons of it are worth buying, and will continue to pull at your heart strings after seeing it for the hundredth time.

This is a must watch and an instant classic, you'll thank me later.
  • Loved and Remembered.

This was one of my favorite shows. I cried watching the Finale. It was a good ending but it deserves to have many more people watching it. If Trudy hadn't died would Monk just be a regular person. Before she died he didn't have as much mouth wash or all that hand wash. If you havent seen the finale go to http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Monk&st=0. then you will be able to see what happens. I can't believe Monk never saw that there was something going on with his wife. Through out all 8 seasons this one had the most surprises. If there was another season I would probably stop watching it because this show has gone on for a while and there would be no point of having another season.
  • It's sad to see this show end.

I can only think of one word to say about this episode: Wow.

Adrian Monk finally learns who killed his wife, and we see him beat up the killer in a courtroom - a priceless scene! I'm very certain many men who lost their wives to a murderer would have done the same thing.

It was very touchiing to see, and I was amazed at the end of this concluding episode.

Monk was a very good show to watch - but, I would have liked to see Monk and Natalie talk about stepping their relationship a notch after the Trudy murder case was solved. After Monk gets better, he is clearly happy, and NOT miserable - I think that Monk and Natalie would have been such a great match. But, we do see them going to a crime scene together, so I hope they've become a couple!

All in all, this show was great to watch. I'll miss it, though. Thanks!
  • I do agree that Monk is one of the greatest shows of our time. I can't even go to sleep without Monk being on in the background.

I enjoy Adrian Monks perfectionate attitude and his awesome memory to be able to recall everything he sees in order to put together the puzzle of who's the guy and how it was done by saying, "Here's what happened." I enjoyed both Natalie and Sharona as his assistants. I'm not sure which one I would call my favorite. Sharona was great in the episodes she was in, but, Natalie did finish it off with some great episodes of her own. I do wish I had seen what happened to some of the other favorites like Monks brother and his dad, as well as Dale the Whale. I'm truly going to miss waiting for new episodes to come out, but, it will be years before I slow down from watching it over and over.
  • You better enjoy it while you can

I have reviewed this show before, but it is worthy of another one. The writers on this production have been heavily coached to come up with a great last season. So far I would give it a 7 out of 10. A few weird episodes, like 'Mr. Monk and the UFO' aside, the general quality has been outstanding. And we can only imagine they are saving the best for last. At the end of last season, we were treated to 'Mr Monk is on the run', and that was heaven. Clearly, the producers are gearing up, (and I think Tony Shalhoub is gearing up), for some really special tv moments to come in the next twelve weeks or so. It is going to be hard to accept Tony in any other show in the future, but he will be welcome in any role.
  • Monk is, was, and always will be one of the best shows out there. Tony Shaloub's awesome performance, combined with great stories and a killer-- yet very unknown-- back story, make this show stand above the rest. It's just awesome.

Over the past several seasons, Monk, as a series, has evolved from being a dark, mysterious, and sometimes funny show to being a funny, dark, and sometimes mysterious show. Monk, as a character, however, has not evolved much. His obsessive-compulsive personality and saddening past have made him stone cold, and he continues to solve crimes as the only way to console himself in his shadowy, fear-filled world. It still remains fun to watch Adrian solve crimes, murders, and mysteries with extreme dedication, even after so many seasons of episodes. Over the series run, Monk has lost an assistant and gained one, lost a shrink and found a new one, found rivals, enemies, friends, and even occasionally a clue that may eventually help solve his one true, final goal: to find the man who took his wife's life with a car bomb. Of course, we won't know until the final season comes and goes this summer. I just hope the writers make this a show to remember, and are able to bow out with pride.
  • The "Defective Detective" is on the case. Adrian Monk is an unusual detective with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder who solves crimes that baffle the ordinary detective. Nothing escapes his gaze.

Tony Shalhoub plays Adrian Monk a former detective for the San Francisco Police Department now turned a consultant. This show's debut was phenomenal with power support from co-stars Bitty Schram who played a nurse that helped monk solve these unusual crimes. The storylines and character chemistry was believable and pleasurable to watch. With Schram's departure the series plot and storylines took a little hit as faithful viewers adjusted to the new character of Natalie Teeger played by Traylor Howard. The powerful character support of Ted Levine as Cpt. Stottlemyer and Jason Gray-Stanford who plays Lt. Disher helped these viewers through the transition. The untimely death of Stanley Kamel who played Dr. Kroger, Monk's overworked psychiatrist, was another blow that shocked the fans. Monk has survived these setbacks to culminate to its 8th and final season. This show is truly a classic that will be missed.
  • probably the best show in a while!

Amazing, I watch this show every week and own all of the Dvds. I watch monk for many reasons. One is because I also suffer from OCD and i watch it knowing although tony shaloub is only an actor, a fabulous one at that, but there are other people in thee world that have it. It's also an amazing show. I've only solved about 3 out of the 100 and more episodes but just watching it makes me amazed at the writing the acting and everything about it. Although I am deeply saddened that the show will be ending after it's eight season, I will continue watching my dvds and reruns.
  • A show about a guy who has OCD and how this man uses his OCD to solve cases that local police can't solve. Watch him as he investigates and discovers the murderer and the motive behind the murder!

I love Monk. It's definitely one of the greatest shows around. I like the fact that the show is lighthearted and funny. And Tony portrays the character well. I love Lieutenant Disher as well, that guy is a hoot! A great show. None of the episodes have ever disappoint me. I hope that Monk will keep on running for a long time around! I used to like the old nurse, but Natalie is great in her own way. This show always make me laugh like a crazy banshee. I also like the fact that they don't show how the police forensic team tries to examine pieces of evidence, but focuses on Monk investigation instead.
  • I loved this show ever since I started watching it!....

I've loved this show ever since I started watching it! I randomly turn to USA Network Channel and I saw a show coming on so I decided to watch it! And it turned out to be one of my favorite shows ever. :D

The shows really really funny and I like how its about crimes since I like watching crime shows.(:.

Tony is absolutely fabulous at playing Adrian Monk. I would never be able to act like that at all! To sum it all up, this show is absolutely my favoritee! Its very funny and entertaining! Believe me! xoxoxoxo, miharu hatake :]
  • NEW MONK SEASON

i have been watching monk for alot of years , and was excited for the new season to start .. and it has been great .. and i like the direction the show is going .and i think the idea to bring back a new shrink was good. it wouldn't have been the same . monk is a great show and i love the web site . i hope monk will be on for alot more years . it seems like there just isn't to much good tv any more . thank you usa net work for keeping a great show going .
  • His OCD improves with every case he solves.He still mourns his wife after six years, and after a few episodes you mourn her passing as if she were your only friend. His progression through the show is a hopeful and inspiring aspect to his amazing show.

I love this show. This might just be my favourite show as of now, and I am not one to be known to watch TV at all. My heart blongs to Mr. Monk now, and I plan my day around his shows. I wish he were real, I honestly do. This show has begun a spark in me that a television show has not induced in a very long time. I love every character. Even mr. rubs-the-lotion-on-it's-skin guy from Hannibal Lector. I love it. All of it. My heart beats for Monk. The best detective show I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.
  • I love Monk!!! It's my family's favourite detective show. Even my eight year old brother likes it!

Monk has to be one of the best detective shows on television. Monk is a wonderful obesessive compulsive detective and Tony Shalhoub plays him awesomely! my favourite ep. has to be the one with Sean Astin playing the murderer. if you don't know who sean Astin is he was Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings. I like both natalie and Sharona but I do miss Sharona as Monk's assistant. I forget why she was gone. If it was the actress and she left for personal reasons, at least the writers didn't get a new girl and give her the smae character name. this show is awesome and anyone who says otherwise is crazy!
  • Wonderful show! Very humorous ! I think it should stay on the air for a very long time. You get the "drama" and the laughs!

Although Monk can be a little over the top with his OCD habits, keep in mind that there are other "OC's" in the real world who have a difficult time coping with their condition. I think there's a little "Monk" in all of us from time to time. I love that in this show, you get part drama and part comedy. Monk can be funny- seemingly without any effort at all. Don't ever take away the phrase "it's a blessing... and a curse". I do however wish that he could be put back on the force somehow, he deserves it. Maybe he could be "Top Detective"
  • I give it a 10 just the way Monk would like it. What more is there to say?

This a really great show. I only started watching about a few weeks ago, and I already love it!! It's about a guy who's like totally phobic of everything, solving crimes. His assistant, Natalie, is so cool too. She's like independent. GREAT!! SHOW!!! Monk is funny, with a few touches of drama and to top it all of are homicidal crimes. It certainly is great. I sure hope it keeps going on for more seasons to come. It really is a good show. Well, my point is that MONK is really a good show. You should really watch it. Because IT IS A REALLY GREAT SHOW!!!!
  • Tony Shaloub is wonderful in Monk, as he is also the Excecutive Producer of the show.

MONK revolves around Adrian Monk, (Shalhoub) who is a brilliant detective for the San Francisco police force. One downside, Monk is plagued with an obsessive-compulsive disorder, and it's this disorder that costs him his position as a legendary homicide detective. The unsolved and tragic murder of his wife has lead Monk to develop an abnormal fear of germs, crowds, heights, and basically everything else. This not only presents a challenge in living everyday life, but also in solving the murder of his wife.

This season we will see Emmy-winning and Golden Globe-nominated character actor Hector Elizondo as Dr. Neven Bell who will be Monk's much-needed therapist. Additional guest stars that you can look forward to seeing this season include: David Strathairn ("The Bourne Ultimatum," "Good Night and Good Luck"), Emmy winner Brad Garrett ("Everybody Love Raymond," "Til Death"), Academy Award and Emmy-nominated Robert Loggia ("The Sopranos"), James Lesure, ("Vegas," "Studio 60"), Casper Van Dien ("Starship Troopers," "Titans"), William Atherton ("Desperate Housewives," "The Practice") and Malcolm Barrett ("The Ghost Whisperer," "PSYCH").

As we kick off season seven, Monk is fed up with a noisy neighbor and decides to move into a new house, where - in addition to the usual pitfalls of home ownership that introduces him to empathetic handyman (Brad Garrett) - he encounters a murder; after the untimely death of his beloved Dr. Kroger, Monk reluctantly tries out a new therapist (Elizondo); when a television lottery hostess is murdered, Natalie takes her place and becomes a local celebrity, while Monk pursues the killer; a famous boxer's (James Lesure) life is threatened so Monk takes the case and finds himself in the middle of a big championship fight... well, actually, in the corner with his manager (Robert Loggia); Monk finds himself on a submarine... five hundred feet underwater... enough said; Monk meets his match in a brilliant chess master (David Strathairn) who is suspected of having murdered his wife; Monk develops a crush on a model who is accused of murder and despite the overwhelming evidence - including her confession - he is determined to prove her innocence; after Monk seeks a new form of therapy (hypnosis), he finds himself reverting to his 9-year old personality; and then Monk solves his 100th case while being profiled by a news magazine show.

Bottom-line, this is a brilliantly written series and is without question worth checking out.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10