Monk

USA (ended 2009)

Gislef

Monk Fan Reviews (342)

• Cute show, but not a steady diet

5.1
    I can watch this show occasionally, but not seriously for every episode. If you need a filler show that's not too heavy, and might tickly your funny bone, then this is a nice diversion. The first season seemed to be the best, but it's pretty good, still. Try it, you might like it.
  • A perfect combonation of Police Drama and Comedy. Now heading into it's fourth season, the Emmy and Golden Globe winning Monk is riding high due to good DVD sales and stellar cable ratings.

I have liked this show ever since it premiered in 2002. I thought that a replacement actress for a leading character would hurt the series, but it really didn't. This show is doing great and I hope it stays that way. The fourth season premieres on July 8th at 10/9c on USA.
  • One of the best detective shows.

Monk is one of the best detective shows on tv today. It has Drama, and comedy and a few action seqeunces. It is in my top ten. The trade between his assitants was a highlight of season three. Nat took Monk and comforted him (not much)but she was a really good change.
  • Obsessive.Compulsive.Detective. Adrian Monk fights his fears to solve the murders that no one else can.

Monk is one of the best shows on television. It takes a format that has been done a million times and reinvents it.

Solving murders has long been a popular plot for television. Whether it is Law & Order or Murder,She Wrote, solving murders is something that interests all of us.

Monk has taken this format and made it its own. The obsessive compulsive Adrian Monk is one of the most intriguing characters on television today. Adrian is played to perfection by Tony Shaloub. Shaloub is incredible in each and every episode of Monk.

Murder, mystery, comedy? Monk has it all.
  • I wouldn't miss it!

This is one of the best shows that I have seen on tv in a long time! The unique idea of a former detective that had a tragedy still getting to work with his old coworkers as a contracted Private Detective is a great one. The humor that goes into the everyday life of Monk is light hearted and safe for family viewing.

The writing is excellent. It lets the audience share sympathy for Adrian Monk and his fight for overcoming his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder so that he can get back on the force like the old days. This appears to be his goal in life.

I'm still not attached to the new nurse in Mr. Monk's life, but I'm willing to give her another try this season.

I'm very excited for Tony Shalloub in his awards that he has won for this character that he plays very well.
  • One of the greatest shows on tv. The writing is superb and the acting is incredibly. Only sad that it lost a main character so fast.

Monk is my favorite tv show. No matter what changes to the cast, and no matter how long his wife's murder mystery goes on, nothing can beat the quick wit and fantastic drama that is Monk. Star, Tony Shalhoub, does such a fantastic job acting out a man whose mental problems, no person on this earth would ever want. I have loved this show from the beginning and even when Sharona was lost, I never doubted that the show would lose it's gold. And it has not. Monk will be with us for as long as the USA decides to keep it. No doubt in my mind that the viewers will keep with it as well.
  • Great Show

One of the best shows on tv.It is hilarious.Tony Shaloub is great.Other than the lady that replaced Sharona it is perfect.No other show on tv does such a good job of mixing comedy, drama, action, and mystery.Definetly will be a classic.It already has won emmys and many more will be coming.This show is one of the 100 of all time and the best show on USA.
  • It is simultaneously the most unique crime drama and comedy on TV today, and my personal favorite.

This is the one show that when it is out of season I can't wait for the season to start, and when it is in season I can't wait for Friday night to come so that I can see the latest episode. Monk has the incredible ability to keep you edge of your seat and laughing yourself off of it at the same time. It is simultaneously the most unique crime drama and comedy on TV today, and my personal favorite.
  • Monk!! The title itself makes you laugh. Its hilarious to see a detective show that doesn’t “harp” on the bad stuff. The drama and comedy play off each other so well , at times it doesn’t even seem like a police drama. I would let my children watch.

There couldn't be any body better to play "Monk" than Tony Shaloub. he plays the part so well. Hopefully this show will keep go strong. Monk combines drama and comedy to make a great show for an entire family to sit together and watch. I give the show an A+ for that.
  • Monk is Monk what else can you say.

I started watching Monk after the first season which since I have gotten the DVD to watch. Monk is a very funny show with great potential. There are not to many shows out there with the character of Monk. He is brillant in his acting. He totally makes you think he is obbsessive and compulsive. The episode with the monkey was totally off the wall funny. Sharonna's departure was unfortunate. She worked well with Monk. I think if they find somebody else who is compatible with Monk the show will start to pick up again. Even without her the show is still very funny.
  • The show without Sharona Fleming is not as good. I like Traylor Howard, but not the Natalie character. I watched every episode & gave her a chance. The show is just not as good.

Monk is one of my favorite shows, but the show has declined since the exit of Bitty Schram.
    Mr. Monk and the kid is a prime example.
    The lovable character of Adrian Monk would NEVER roll around in the grass with a child. The writers seemed to forget the main character has OCD.
    Without Bitty, the writers are going to great lenghts to make the show "different", and ruining it in the process.
    Once a show i'd stay home for, it's just not anymore.
    Sorry Tony Shaloub, when you lost Bitty, the dynamics of the show suffered.
  • Obsessive-compulsive detective

I am basically in LOVE with this show. My friends make fun of me because when they watch it, they dont have the kind of humor you need for this i guess, because they dont laugh and it leaves me stumped because i think it's hilarious. But i really dont care because i am in LOVE with the show myself...its hilarious!!

Now and the Sharona-Natalie thing...i absolutly adore sharona, i thought she was gorgeous, hilarious, and most of all she looked out for monk and i really liked that about her. Then all of a sudden she left and it really left me bummed! Then Natalie came and I am still not over the Sharona leaving, but i know she wont come back so I gave Natalie a chance i really like her, i mean i love sharona and i am a die-hard sharona fan but she isn't coming back and i want to love the show as much as i did so i gave natalie a chance.I mean she doesn't really do the things that sharona did but she has her own style and its alright.

Now the Natalie and Monk relationship that they are talking about, i wouldn't like it, but that is just my opinion!...unless the case about trudy is solved...ten maybe it would be alright but for now, lets just leave the monk single.

_kelsey_
  • Go Monk!

Monk is one of the smartest shows in a long time. Tony Shalhoub has found gold after his days on wings. Just like Seinfeld, the people on Wings have never succeeded on other shows except for Tony. Monk is like many people all over the place, and I know a few people who are like him. This show is one of USA's finest.
  • Monk a great show about a detective

This show is just so great. Monk is just a great detective with all the funny stuff he does most of which he doesnt do on purpose but it is just so funny. This is one of my favourite shows that are airing at the moment as it is a cross between comedy and drama i hope monk goes well through the shows 4th season and continues to make the auidence laugh.
  • Maniac but so funny

I hate maniac men, but I must recognize this one makes me laugh. He's not only maniac, is also a compulsive disordered person who just sees mud, dust and microbs everywhere he goes. It's so delightful to see how frustrated he can be, having everyone do what he wants them to just to satisfy him. A pleasure!!! Just wish I'll never meet someone like that!
  • I can never get enough Monk!

One of my favorite shows on television! Tony Shaloub is a freaking genius and I would watch anything he was in. I miss Sharona, but Natalie is doing okay. I love watching to see how Monk is going to solve the next crime and what phobia is going to mess him up. And I love that they know that his disorder is not easily cured. That he will have his good days and his bad days. And I love the realistic portrayal of his disorder (I'm a psychology major), although sometimes they let somethings pass for the sake of the plot. I hope Monk continues for a really long time.
  • A show about a compulsive detective... brilliant!

Every once in a while, I will tune in to watch Monk for the heck of it, and I must tell you, this is a great show. Tony Shaloub gives a great performance as detective Adrian Monk. The supporting cast is pretty strong, especially with the seasoned Ted Levine. I've got to give the writers credit for their intriguing stories. The show is also has plenty of humor, which is one of my favorite aspects of the show. Not many detective type shows have this type of humor that is found in this show, and yet still be credible as a pretty intelligent show. This is a great show to just sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Despite the recent changes the show has made that some people don't seem to like very much, I still believe this show is still very strong and a joy to watch.
  • bound to be classic

this year on the 4 of July I came down with strip throat, lucky for my sanity USA was running a all day monk marathon.

monk is a smart comedy that I could spend hour watching, and did. I don't want to give to much praise but I think that might be my generations mattock or murder she wrote, except for the excessive compulsive disorder.

this is one of the best smart comedies that I’ve seen in a long time.
  • Very, VERY well written

This is one of those fun shows that the whole family can watch. The acting is decent (Shalob is Excellent). The writing is fantastic. It's funny, witty, sometimes dramatic, and leaves you wanting more. You can pick the show up anytime (It's not one of those where missing one episode will mean you can't watch it anymore - ala 24 anyone)
  • How could anyone not love a show like this one? The humor and story behide ever episode is wonderful.

How could anyone not love a show like this one? The humor and story behide ever episode is wonderful. Who ever came up with the concept for a clean freak cop is very creative. I love this show!

I am confident that this show will deliver high in the upcoming seasons. Monk has a great storyline and interesting characters. Tony Shalhoub is brilliant as Adrian Monk. I do not see anyone else could bring this character to life. The script is amazing;

I could not believe some of the things that happened on the show. I have watched every single episode and it is without a doubt one of the funniest shows on television.
  • Tony Shaloub plays the part so perfectly.

Tony Shaloub plays the part so well. There couldn't be any body better to play "Monk". Monk combines comedy and drama to make a great show for everyone to sit together,watch and relax. I give the show an 9.9 for that. Hopefully this show will keep go strong.Keep doing it.Thanks
  • Monk is a show for all detective fans out their. It is also a show for all thoughs ocd ppl out their and for ppl that like drama and comedies.

Adrian Monk is a brilliant charactor and Tony Shaloobs(is that how u spell it?) best portrail Monk is an almost perfect show and it combines drama and comedy which are 2 of my favorite genres. Monk the neat phanatic ocd case that is the best detective. I gave this a 9.5. It would have been a 10 if the beginnings of each episode didn't slove the case already, I would rather keep gueesing in suspence.But furthermore a Fantastic show.
  • One of the greatest and most addictive shows on TV, with a mix of police drama and hilarious moments.

Tony Shalhoub, who plays Adrian Monk, makes Monk what it is. Monk is an Obsessive Compulsive Detective who has to have everything in its perfect order and germ free. He has many other phobias but his assistant Sherona (Bitty Schram) facilitates it all. Monk helps police Captain Stottlemeyer solve the unsolvable cases using his greater intellect with a small ‘handicap’. Even though Monk has its dramatic and action-packed moments, the comedy of the show is one of its greatest attributes. Monk has a ‘gift’ and a ‘curse’ at the same exact time. I actually watch it for its comedy, but at the same time love the ways that cases are solved. Towards the end of the third season, Bitty Schram (Sherona) left the show and was replaced by Traylor Howard who plays Monk’s new assistant Natalie. I do not like one better than the other, there are both great in their own ways. Besides Adrian bringing all the laughs, the rest of the cast brings comedy. I would recommend the show to anyone who likes a good comedy and a drama occasionally. Tony Shalhoub plays the part to perfection. It is one of my absolute favorites.
  • i love monk its very entertaining .what i like best is i cant figure out the plot. the only problem i have with monk is the new girl doesnt have the presence of the first one nor does she have the same chemistry with monk either.

the subject matter is varied . there is a surprising twist to every show . the title character monk is so neurotic as to be absolutely adorable.i also love the relationship and comic interaction between monk his boss and the junior officer whos name i can never remember lol to me personally thats what makes him a good supporting actor .hes supposed to blend into the wood work yet manage to achieve a frame or at time a canvas for monks comic genius
  • Obsessive-Compulsive detective sees things that everyone else misses and solves crimes

Adrian Monk would be a hard man to live with, but if I was ever in need of a detective, he\'s one I\'d call. I love how he can look at something and see things that no one else has seen. I love to see if I can solve the \"mystery\" by the time he does. The more the watch the show, the more \"keen\" to details I become. I hope this shows lasts a few more years.
  • wow, monk i must say its one clean comedy

I'm so glad I discovered this show for my whole family. Now we refer to Friday night as "Monk Night", just because we love this show so much. Everyone should give this show a chance because it deserves at least that much. I almost felt sorry for it, seeing how ABC canceled it and all. But then, luckily, USA saw the promise in it and picked it straight up. Now most people feel sorry for ABC! Of course, if they weren't so quick to, as I say, "Judge and Cancel" all new shows, maybe they could have some decent programs on. 2 episodes just isn't enough.
  • A good mystery with the most lovable crazy person.

Adrian Monk is so well written as well as well acted. I buy every one of his phobias. The element of having lost the love of his life balances out the show with a tenderness that often gives me a lump in my throat. Monk is so well meaning and for that he is truly lovable. Not to mention his attention to detail is both believable and hillarious. Monk's relationship with detective Stoddermyer (sp?) is one of the show's best. And to top it all off a satisfying mystery that doesn't insult the intelligence of the viewer.
  • 'Monk' is a show about a dectective 'Mr. Monk' who's wife dies when someone plants a car in her cellphone. Afer that 'Monk' turns compulsive, but still remains a detective. As he solves many cases, he also tries to solve his wife's . Monk is a

This is a very funny show! It shows how 'Monk' has a compulsive disorder and has to have everything straight and perfect. (Natalie is always the one to give him his distinfectant wipes, because he needs to have everything clean) 'Monk' is always the one to solve the really hard cases using his amazing ability to put things together! His photographic memory and his new assistant, Natalie, also help him find what he needs to solve the cases.
  • Adrian Monk is an odd, somewhat quirky super crime solver.

The Monk character may be strange and have an extra load of “issues” to deal with but what makes him great is that all of us have a few of these same issues. (maybe less severe, maybe more under control) so when something that bugs you inflicts Adrian, you can really relate. I, for one, am afraid of heights. I just enjoy seeing this represented on TV.

Tony Shaloub is excellent and his performance is always first rate. Ted Levine as Capt. Stottlemeyer is a perfect counterpoint to Monk. Levine portrays Stottlemeyer’s anger, frustration, admiration and friendship felt toward Monk without obvious shifting of gears from one emotion to another.
  • Monk is a detective who has an obessive-compulsive disorder (amongst other conditions), which actually helps him solve murders.

I enjoy Monk, and watch it when I can. The best thing about this show is that the writers don't spend all their time trying to make it cutting edge with blood and gore. For those who aren't familiar with the show, Monk's wife died in a car bombing, and he spends his trying to solve her death and solving mysteries.

It does get a little tiring sometimes when Monk's oh so many phobias come into play, but it doesn't take away from the show very much, and in the end, it's a very enjoyable show.

The episodes are great, and not very far-fetched.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10