The Monkees Forums

NBC (ended 1968)

Identfying an episode, Monkees & Disneyland

JonJax

[1]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 18

Way back when the show was in its first run and I was a teen, I recall seeing a eps where the boys are hanging around their apt bored, one of them suggusts they go to Disneyland, however as they ready to depart they look at each other and declare, they will never let us in, a reference to the former dress code of Disneyland, a policy that denied me and my friends entrance to the park around the same time this eps aired, anyone recall which eps this scenario took place in

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AH3RD

[2]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 19

The Monkees quipped about this in episode #4765, "The Wild Monkees", and #4767, "The Monstrous Monkee Mash".

SUSIEW040170

[3]May 26, 2011
    • level: 7

i dont have the anwser you are looking for , but what about Disney's dress code? you never said what it was ;-)

SUSIEW040170

[4]May 26, 2011
    • level: 7
    i dont have the anwser you are looking for , but what about Disney's dress code? you never said what it was ;-)

ChazG

[5]Aug 1, 2013
    • level: 2

In the 60s, it was quite controversial for males to wear their hair longer than "clean cut". Unlike today where men with long hair brings to mind the hair bands of the 80s like Bon Jovi and Metallica, in the 60s the Monkees and Beatles had hair lengths that were considered unacceptable by "polite society" so males with hair that length were considered rebellious and trouble makers.

As such, Disneyland had a strict policy that males with long hair would not be allowed to enter the park.