The Monkees

Mijacogeo (a.k.a. The Frodis Caper)

Aired Monday 7:30 PM Mar 25, 1968 on NBC

• The ultimate Monkees episode

When I call this the ultimate Monkees episode, I mean it in more than just the literal sense of this being the final new episode ever broadcast. It is also the wildest, most free-wheeling episode of the entire series, using everything that Micky had learned from two seasons of the show and throwing it all together in a single half-hour (minus commercials, of course). The humor is sly and yet at times over the top, and you never know from one minute to the next what is going to happen. One fascinating aspect of this episode is the use of the four Monkee stand-ins as the villain's henchmen, which gives them all a chance to shine just a little. The episode is so out there that I'm surprised the network let it be broadcast, but I'm glad they did, because it was a perfect way to bring the series to its much too early conclusion.
  • Very Last Monkees Episode

While not as funny as many of the episodes,it stills packs a whallop.
    This was directed was written and directed by Mickey Donlez,the silliness of the episode is far from the what I called Monkee Standards.
    Full of imaginative goings on, from the start when 3 of the four boys wake up, then to the endwhere they save the alian known as Frodois.
    Special guest star at the end was Tim Berkley who sang a song.