The Monkees

The Chaperone

Aired Monday 7:30 PM Nov 07, 1966 on NBC

• When Davy falls in love with a general's daughter, the boys try their best to convince the general to allow his daughter to come to their party. When he request a chaperone to be there, the boys find themselves having a charperone of a different kind.

I absolutly love this episode and I must say Micky still looks hot in drag! Don't believe me...ask the General. When the boys find themselves searching high and low for a chaperone until they finally settle on their cleaning lady. However, things don't go to plan when the cleaning lady becomes high...err...drunk herself. This episode is very funny as we watch the boys staked out in front of Leslie's home trying to figure out a way for Davy to meet her, getting ready for the party, and of course watching Micky try his best to stay away from the admiring general, with no help from his friends I might add. This is a great episode and it shows the friendship these four boys have. I mean honestly, how many friends would dress in drag for a buddy?
  • I love this episode. My favorite part of the show is when Micky is in drag and the general is hitting on him and he goes over to Mike and the fellas and he says "He's getting fresh". Classic episode.

I love this episode! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! My favorite part of the show is when Micky is in drag and the general is hitting on him and he goes over to Mike and the fellas and he says "He's getting fresh". Classic episode. It's one of the best of the fist season. "Take a giant step" is a great song, and they pair it up with a great skit, you see many stars in this episode, including Mr. Clean and Tarzan. Like I said before, this is a classic.
  • The Chaperone was awesome!

The Chaperone was awesome! You\'ve gotta love croos dressing!
    Best bits are when the landlord comes in and is still hitting on Micky after the wig is off (\"did you die your hair?\")
    and when Davy proclaims the drunken cleaning lady \"stoned\".
    I also love the bit in the romp where Mr. Schneider is tapping his foot to the music