Monster Forums

Monday 11:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

The ending. (spoilers in here, obviously.)

enigmaeno

[1]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 8

I finished the last episode. During the last 10 or so episodes it was obvious to me that they ending wasn't going to be very clear. So, Johann is this monster that wants to commit the ultimate suicide. I understand that he had a crappy childhood, but apparently not as bad as his sisters', and she turned out fine. Does he just have severe depression or something? There was never really an incident pointed out that caused Johann to be a psycho. He just is. I guess that's fine, but I was hoping for more.

Oh, and I'm assuming he was in a coma in the last episode and awoke/escaped. How annoying. You'd think they would monitor a killer like him rather than put him next to a window that could easily be escaped from, despite him being in a coma. And with Tenma's vision of Johann explaining the Red Rose Mansion thing, where their mother couldn't make up her mind about which twin to give to Klaus: Is Johann supposed to have psychic powers or something? Tenma was obviously freaking out and seeing Johann speak the truth about something that Tenma couldn't possibly know about, yet when Tenma snapped out of it, Johann was still just lying there. What the hell. I mean, it's fine, but just doesn't live up to the buildup/plotline of the rest of the series.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[2]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 58

enigmaeno wrote:

...And with Tenma's vision of Johann explaining the Red Rose Mansion thing, where their mother couldn't make up her mind about which twin to give to Klaus: Is Johann supposed to have psychic powers or something? Tenma was obviously freaking out and seeing Johann speak the truth about something that Tenma couldn't possibly know about, yet when Tenma snapped out of it, Johann was still just lying there. What the hell. I mean, it's fine, but just doesn't live up to the buildup/plotline of the rest of the series.

I just finished the series miself and it was a decent ending but left me some what unsatisfied . Tenma called have known about that incident from the twin's mother, who he just met recently. It even showed her beginning to explain it so who could have known what else she said afterwards? But I wonder, what were their real names? ^_^

Spyrick

[4]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 35
    It has been quite some time (couple of years I think) since I watched that show, but here is my opinion on the final episode. Given that Johan remained in a comatose state, the event in which he awoke was obviously dreamed up. And you know what some people say about dreams...
    The fact is, Tenma has come to know Johan too well enough to know what would have happened if he ever did wake up. No, Johan would no longer be a danger given that he now knows the truth so there is no need for heavy security in his room.

KingofIPirates

[5]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 32
    Meh, doesn't mean that he shouldn't at least be charged for all his past wrong doings either way I agree that ending was rather unsatisfying though the Manga is still going on.

piranhapete

[6]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 11
    The manga's really still going on? Wikipedia seems to indicate it completed its full run a long time ago.

Anyway, clearly Johan was messed up when he went to Kinderheim, but I'm really confused--where was Anna while he was at Kinderheim? And was he at Kinderheim before or after The Rose Mansion incident? One of Johan's main issues was clearly he couldn't differentiate between himself and his sister, as indicated by the cross-dressing and his believing her memories were his. Without a name, he probably felt as if he had no identity. This could relate as to why he thought he had to commit the perfect suicide--because he was never supposed to have a life. And all through the show--and with the ending--Johan really is no more than a phantasm, a ghost. We never saw Johan transition into her supposed killer alter-ego. In fact, aside from the first few episodes, we never SAW him kill anybody, did we? Yet we saw Anna's darker side. It's all very mysterious.

One thing that's clear--I believe that the only thing that saved Anna was what Klaus P. told her, that people can become whatever they wanted to be. Johan, who had never been told this, believed the only solution to his nothingness was to commit the perfect suicide.