Monster Forums

Monday 11:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

When Will It Come To America?

JordanRWasHere

[1]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 11

Monster is one of the best, if the not the greatest already, animes ever created. It requires no fanservice of any kind, no immense battles, and no strange ninja, samurai, or any other nonsense to make it one of the greatest TV shows ever created.

It is deep, involving, well written, dark, filled with drama, suspense, horror, and thrilling story that'll leave youon the edge of your seat until the very end. It's manga counterpart is currently being released by Viz, so why not it's anime? I could understand if they want to wait until they get near the closing of the series to release it, but why doesn't anyone try to geta right to release the series on American soil yet?

If Viz or Funimation get rights to this series and depending on their cast, this could be their biggest release and one of the highly awaited series for us older crowd people to really statisfied. So, when will one of them ever get rights to release this series already?!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spyrick

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 35
    I was not aware that the show has not been broadcast in America yet. I am surprised, especially since New Line Cinema has recently bought rights to make an English film version of it.
    Edited on 01/30/2008 3:37am

JordanRWasHere

[3]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 11

I was recently checking out AnimeOnDVD when I stumbled across this article. I'm not sure one hundred precent, but does this mean they have licensed the series and will be releasing it in the future at some point?

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=1343

wallflower07

[4]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    Monster is coming october 12 to the sci-fi channels ani-monday so be ready

DuoMaxwell007

[5]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 12
    "It requires no fanservice of any kind, no immense battles, and no strange ninja, samurai, or any other nonsense to make it one of the greatest TV shows ever created."

There are plenty of other anime out there that have the same things . Fullmetal alchemist for one (has the second beast storyline ive ever seen in an anime, plot twists galore, character development (to the point that youd actually care and possibly even cry if one of the characters died) and everything else. Though it MIGHT also fall under the immense battles category.

So heres another. Death Note, definitely the best story Ive ever sen, plot twists galore as well and actually makes you think and it had very little to no action, just a psychological game of cat and mouse yet it was good enough to keep me hooked for the entire 37 episodes. I dont think Monster will have the same appeal mainly because of is length. I honestly dont thin k I coulda handled 70+ episodes of Death Note. 51/52 max. But 70+ is pushing it. I would think the story would get old and drawn out and boring by then. Lets hope monster proves me wrong. But I seriously doubt it gonna be half as good as death note or FMA

YamiGuzz

[6]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 15
    Well it's on Syfy and i gotta say i'm pleased with the dub.

DuoMaxwell007

[7]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    Im not pleased with the attention thi sboard is getting though lol

XGalt

[8]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 13
    Just be happy someone's paying to get the show dubbed, because I doubt Ani-Mondays is a rating juggernaut.