Monsterquest Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The History ChannelIn Season

Any ideas?

sheep233

[1]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 22

Does anybody have an idea for a monster that they can investigate on the show?

I think that they should investigate the Chupacabra.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrShotShot

[2]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    I would much rather seen them investigate the Chupacabra than some of the rediculous things they've investigated thus far.

As a skeptic, I just have to roll my eyes when they're investigating something like the American Werewolf and the explanation for the sightings is that's it's probably a misidentified Bigfoot.

Come on.

sheep233

[3]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 22
    Yeah, some other things they investigate are like giant fish or birds, apemen and other stuff like that that could've just lived like 1,000,000 years ago.

PULLnPEEL

[4]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    This guide is missing the "Giganto: The Real King Kong" episode.
    Edited on 03/29/2008 12:14pm

camatzotz

[5]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 63

PULLnPEEL wrote:
    This guide is missing the "Giganto: The Real King Kong" episode.

Gee, could it be because that was made two or three years ago and is not part of this series?

Carycomic

[6]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    I would like to see them investigate those Amazonian ground sloth reports. I think the native name is "mapinguari" (spelling purely guessed at, from pronounciation).

Carycomic

[7]Jun 9, 2008
    As a skeptic, I just have to roll my eyes when they're investigating something like the American Werewolf and the explanation for the sightings is that's it's probably a misidentified Bigfoot.

Come on.[/QUOTE] I feel the same about the upcoming episode. Not because I disbelieve in ghosts. Far from it!
    But, this series is supposed to be about crypto-zoology, isn't it? The study of unknown lifeforms. Ghosts are more like...after-lifeforms.

So, my question would be: have the producers and writers really run out of subject matter, to the point where they have to deviate into parapsychology?

TheDiamondDog

[8]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 61

I don't know. I don't know many monsters, though there are some I've read about, like some Lizard creature.

I'm just waiting for them to investigate the Yeti.

Carycomic

[9]Jul 11, 2008
    sheep233 wrote:

Does anybody have an idea for a monster that they can investigate on the show?

I think that they should investigate the Chupacabra.

Well, next Wednesday, you'll get your wish. Btw; the term "goatsucker" used to refer specifically to European birds called nightjars (relatives of the American whippoorwill).

TheDiamondDog

[10]Jul 11, 2008
    I was wondreing if they ever did aliens. But how could they track those?

Carycomic

[11]Jul 11, 2008

Again, that would be deviating from crypto-zoology. And, yes; as stated earlier, that is the study of unknown lifeforms. But, generally, there's an unspoken agreement that the former have to be of Earthly origin. Of course, that's not to say they couldn't advance an extra-terrestrial origin for cryptids such as the Lizard-Man of South Carolina.

Some artisitic depictions of the latter (based on eyewitness descriptions) give it a superficial resemblance to the Sleestaks from the original LAND OF THE LOST!

Edited on 07/11/2008 8:27pm

DrJ89

[12]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 10
    I find it almost offensive that this show is on a network called The History Channel. Why don't they investigate Godzilla and find the location of the Legion of Doom's headquarters?

TheDiamondDog

[13]Aug 6, 2008

DrJ89 wrote:
    I find it almost offensive that this show is on a network called The History Channel. Why don't they investigate Godzilla and find the location of the Legion of Doom's headquarters?

Though, Ice Road Truckers seems more appropiate on another channel.

MonsterQuest does seem like something that would normally be on SciFi. But these creatures do have some historical context I guess. Though there was a time when History used to be more like the WWII channel.

mistyann21

[14]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 7

Ok am I the only one annoyed that they seem to be getting further and further from cryptozoology? I mean a few weeks ago they did a show on ghosts and tonights episode is on vampires, did i miss something? Dont get me wrong I like shows on those things ( Ive watched a LOT of shows on those I love wierd things like that but it just dosent fit with the premise of the show).

As far as ideas for shows have they did one on Loch Ness ( I know theres like a millon other shows on that but still, probably a lot of the people who are intrested in these shows probably have some intrest in that), Also on that same note there is Champ ( like nessie but its in supposed to be in lake champline its in america somewhere). Also what about animals that are supposed to be extinct like the thycliene ( I know thats not spelled wright) its DID like in austraila but was supposed to have died out in the 30s, but there have been sightings of it still.

Also I just found this website that lists unknown creatures along with other paranormal things ( probably have to sift through some kinda outthere things, but there could be some things worth looking into).

Im kinda getting sick of the bigfoot ones, they've have like 6 of them, from different places but its all the same you know.

mistyann21

[15]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    Here is the website that I was talking about, if anyone is intrested ( I dont know how to make it a link so you just have to copy and paste it).

http://www.unknownexplorers.com/index.php

TheDiamondDog

[16]Aug 7, 2008

I was so surprised with the vampires thing. What's next? Zombies? Witches? Something from a Scooby Doo episode? That really wasn't researching anything. Just what people thought years ago.

I want to point out that Joy, the vapire that drank blood, was also on another reality show, The Secret Lives Of Women. She talked about being a vampire on there, but a psychic vampire. She never said she drank blood. (She's also a dominatrix)

And as someone who loves the vampire specials, they used stuff from Vampire Secrets, which they show around Halloween. Most of the stories on this episode were talked about there, though some details have changed it seems.

Edited on 08/07/2008 3:48pm

Carycomic

[17]Aug 15, 2008
    DrJ89 wrote:
    Considering that the profiteers who run my local cable provider have tried to extort their customers into getting those digitizers, six months _before_ the national conversion, by _blocking_ SciFi Channel (among others), I'm _glad_ this show is on HC.
    Edited on 08/20/2008 7:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

DOMOJITA

[18]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 18
    heres some ideas

in japan
    kappa (water imp)
    oni
    kyubi
    the japanese bigfoot (forgot its name)
    tsukumogami
    tanuki
    yokai

in au
    yaowie
    quinkan
    drop bear
    dream time
    bunyip

here in the states
    loveland lizard
    flatewoods monster
    wampus cat

TheDiamondDog

[19]Nov 6, 2008

I wonder how many mroe Bigfoot-related creatures they'll have. After the results for last season's Sasquatch attack, will they go on. For a while, every other episode seemed to be something like that.