Monsterquest Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The History ChannelIn Season

Black Beast of Exmoor

Carycomic

[1]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 13

I have to disagree with that blonde zoologist who looked at a video of one alleged Beast sighting, and pronounced it a domestic cat. I have never seen a housecat that slender! Let alone, one with a tail that long.

It looked more like all the pictures I've ever seen of the African cheetah. Although, I'm unable to explain the grayish-black coloration of the fur. I know that the so-called "king" cheetah is actually a partially striped color mutation of the common cheetah. But, I've never heard of melanistic specimens.

Could one of those released exotic felines have included a few cheetahs? And, could one of them have mated with a released black leopard? Obviously, only time and further research will tell.

Edited on 07/10/2008 4:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheDiamondDog

[2]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 61
    Carycomic wrote:

I have to disagree with that blonde zoologist who looked at a video of one alleged Beast sighting, and pronounced it a domestic cat. I have never seen a housecat that slender! Let alone, one with a tail that long.

I have. Cause that describes my youngest cat. In fact, when I was watching it, I immediately thought, "My Tricky is related to the Black Beast." He's very slender and has an incredibly long tail.

But that cat is the footage was no domestic cat. The cat looked big. No domestic cat would be that size. You could obviously tell it was no domestic cat against the brush in the background.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.