Monty Python's Flying Circus

The Buzz Aldrin Show

Aired Unknown Oct 20, 1970 on BBC

• ho-hum

Rather a tedious one, although the abbatoir housing development is pretty funny; still, both guys in that sketch go overboard. The opening titles for "The Bishop" are great and spot-on (as they say), but the rest of the show is deja vu all over again, and without nearly as much point as with the previous episode. Still, I've always loved the "requisite-ite-ite!" guy (he's one of my favorite characters from the series, and who I have quoted at times to a perhaps wearisome degree).

• If you like the Gumbies, then you'll love this show

I thought this was an excellent episode, with the Gumbies being featured throughout to introdce several of the sketches, getting water dumped on them and lots more. The sketches on this show are great in their own right, with The Bishop being a major highlight on this show. A spoof of The Professionals, The Bishop is too late to save the priests who are being killed in a number of ways. His intro is fantastic. The chemist and architect sketches are both great one's as well. Don't avoid this show at any cost.