Moonlighting

A Womb With a View

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Dec 06, 1988 on ABC

• New season with a great opening and promises! Then a sweet story with ANOTHER serious, tragic ending with the Sunny Side of the Street! GRRRRRR!!!!!

Great opening scene with Agnes welcoming back what few viewers they have left and the big song and dance number with the big promises to make more episodes. Seems like empty promises now looking back on the series. :( Very funny having Maddie come in at the end of the gig. This epi has some good moments. Nice to see that Maddie was dead wrong (excuse my pun, sadly) that the baby was Sam's when actually it was David's but that fact only adds to the pain for viewers by the end of the episode! Bruce Willis looked cute as Baby Hayes. They should have called him Baby Addison because that's what he was! lol! Why did they have to let the baby die? This time it was pain not just for Addison. Possibly more pain for Maddie. A cruel person would say just deserts for Maddie after all the crap she put David through last season. Yes, a part of me thinks that too but wouldn't it have been nice to see David and Maddie with baby troubles in a future episode? The angel even said once that they were going to make great parents. He'd seen the future episodes!! I'd like to have seen those episodes too! They were probably hilarious and great! Unfortunately that was just a tease! Which this show LOVED to do...TOO MUCH! Somewhere in an earlier review of Big Man on Mulberry Street I mentioned that David had already lost a baby and that he didn't need to go through that pain again. Also, in an earlier episode when Maddie kept saying the baby was Sam's it always got me angry. Well, now I might have to pull back my opinion. This was painful for David and Maddie and especially for the viewers because WE know that this baby was David's. WE know that this was the SECOND child he has lost! Maybe it was better this way. The writers choosing to not let David and Maddie know for sure that this baby was David's is in my opinion less painful. We've already see enough pain for David to last a lifetime last year. Just imagine if he KNEW for sure this was HIS baby! Maddie would be even more devastated I'm sure but David. You'd probably never see him again. He'd be lost in some bar somewhere forever. He might not ever forgive Maddie for that too. Could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I wouldn't want to see that. So I guess I'm a little happy that they never found out who the baby father was but it sure would have been interesting to see these two raise Baby Hayes! Oh well. *raises my glass of tea* to lost dreams! To lost stories that were never written. To Moonlighting having been around longer than it was! :(