Moonlighting Forums

ABC (ended 1989)

Season 5 box set -- reactions?

What is your overall opinion of the Season 5 Moonlighting DVD set?

Lokar

[1]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 26
    So, what's your impression of the new DVDs? (Please note, the question applies to the condition and presentation of the box set itself, not the episodes.)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Diogo22

[2]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    I will receive mine in a couple of days, however I was extremely disappointed to notice that the extras only included commentary by Glenn on the first episode, and on the last by Dennis Duggan, and, I believe a screen test... it seems kind of lacking, considering that, this being their final (and weakest IMO) season, I would think they would load it with anything they weren't able to put on the other box sets. I would expect the commentary by Glenn to contain some juice about the REAL reasons he left or was fired, but listening to the "feel good" nature of the other tracks, I suspect that it will be some clean insinght, mixed with some periods of silence.

All in All, Moonlighting can be proud to have put some moderate to good extras on a tv show that's 20 something years old. most shows that come out from that era just come with the episodes, and little more (if any).

there were 60 some episodes of great trips to the moon, and they were all enjoyable (well, Bert and Agnes episodes a little less, but good as well)

Diogo22

[3]Mar 9, 2007
    well now that I have the box

first of all. it says cast and crew commentary on the box, but it's pretty much just crew.

Jay Daniel and Glen on WWAV (womb) and Dennis duggan on LE (the last one)

the screen test has audio commentary by Jay and and Glen

snoogdee

[4]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    Season 5 is not my favorite, but I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed watching some of these episodes on the DVD.  The colors are vibrant.  All the music is there.  Glenn Caron and Jay Daniel's commentary on "A Womb With A View" is interesting.  Jay always has a lot of interesting facts about the show.  Glenn seems to regret some of the writing in the episode.  (He was the writer of this episode.)  Dennis Dugan's commentary of "Lunar Eclipse" is not as good.  IMO it was not a good ending for the series, and it's also very hard to do commentary alone.  I was looking forward to the screen test with Bruce and Cybill, but was a little disappointed it was so short.  Bruce is obviously not nearly as polished as he was by the time they shot the pilot.  And he got a lot better than that by the second season.  But Bruce and Cybill have great chemistry right from the start and I always love watching them together! 

Diogo22

[5]Mar 9, 2007
    I was confused by something on the glenn and Jay commentary. did Roger director (I think it was him) really wrote a book about show business, describing some incidents that ocurred on Moonlighting, that perhaps were not the most friendly ones to put on print? they seem sort of bitter or hesitant in talking about that subject on the commentary, I think they feared it might be edited out.