Moonlighting

ABC (ended 1989)

Moonlighting Fan Reviews (24)

• Moonlighting was a terrific romantic comedy.

Moonlighting was one of those shows that I didn't watch at first but once I caught an episode I was hooked. The constant sparring of Maddie and David was excellent with a lot of acknowledgement to the camera. I even enjoyed the episodes where Agnes Dipesto and Herbert Viola were given more screen-time.

Like other classic shows, it holds up beautifully in re-runs. It was funny, inventive, and different than anything else on TV. The writing allowed the show to move easily from comedy to romance, and even some drama. But it was the chemistry between Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd that made the show work. Although he was unknown when the show started, Willis' star quality was apparent from the beginning. It's amazing that network executives initially didn't want him for the part. What a find! Both he and Shepherd were perfectly cast in these roles. The banter and sexual tension between them has never been matched by another TV couple to this day. What a great show. Now available on DVD it's another classic TV show to ad to my collection.