Moral Orel

Turn the Other Cheek

Aired Monday 12:00 AM May 21, 2007 on Adult Swim

• How does Adult Swim get away with this show? Bloody brilliant how they do it! :!:

Somewhere in Mid-western America, there has got to be a cult of Jehovah's Witnesses somewhere signing anonymous death threats to this show's creator and Adult Swim itself for allowing this show to air. I mean after all, religious zealots are always so stuck up with their noses So high up in the air that if it rained, they would drown! I mean, it's cults like them that make me realize that there couldn't Possibly exist such an entity as God because what kind of God would allow people like Them to exist? People who think they're more important and more righteous than they really are when in reality, they've got a list of sins as long as "War and Peace." In my opinion, this is the episode that will make people realize just how hypocritical all of those double-faced religions are! They say one thing and then turn around and do the exact opposite thing! Don't believe me? Just watch what happens in this episode, than tell me that you're not convinced! I'm proud to say that I'm non-religious, and I will continue to be so thanks to this show for showing what awful people those war-mongers are! :idea: Enough said, true believers! ;)
  • This episode was without doubt the best of the series.

In this episode Orel learns about turning the other cheek. On the way home he runs into a bully named Walt. Walt beats him up but all Orel does is sing about turning the cheek (probably my favorite part of the episode). After Bloberta gets worried about Orel (and Clay gets worried about money) Clay teaches him to protect himself (by beating up anyone who makes a fist) so Orel beats up everyone in Moralton including his family (instead of singing about turning the other cheek he sings about hurting others) in the end Clay teaches Orel about smoke screens (his way of tricking Bloberta he's actually doing his job as a father.)
    I'd recommend watching this episode without a doubt!
  • I could watch this episode over and over again. The people who made this show are the comedy geniuses of claymation!

A simple and sweet episode of Moral Orel that opens with Orel listening to the same song over and over again at 5 in the morning (something we can all relate too).

Orel gets beaten up by bullies because he feels that's the right thing to do. Clay teaches him that Orel must defend himself and that is where the standard Orel misunderstanding God's wishes comes in. He thinks that anyone who makes a fist or even remotly closes it for any reason must be beaten up and with a great montage with Orel singing "stop violence while you reek rightous havoc on their cheek!" we see the chaos of Orel becoming the bully he sought to destroy.

One thing I love about this show is the great awkward pause/silence moment of the characters. The biggest laugh for me was when Clay walked in on Orel beating up Bloberta and just stared at the scene for a moment in silent bliss before he yells at Orel.

"And here's a little present from Jesus!"