Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Forums

Sunday 1:30 AM on Adult SwimBetween Seasons

Even Worse

Fronzel

[1]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 15

Adult Swim's schedule (http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html) indicates that Moribito will begin repeating after only ten episodes, the last of which aired today, November 2nd.

The prospect of the show being finished look kind of bad to me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fronzel

[2]Nov 5, 2008

Ok, things aren't as bad as that after all. Moribito's being moved back to a reasonable time slot at 1:30AM starting next Saturday, November 8th.

It is re-starting from episode 1, probably in an attempt to let it get a new audience now that it's back playing at a sensible time. Those of us who've been following it anyway get the shaft.

I'm not sure if I'm going to wait around for 10 weeks to see a new episode rather than seeking alternate means of seeing the rest of the series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-05/adult-swim-updates-weekend-tv-schedulethe

Dilla_the_Dude

[3]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    Just watch the subbed, then watch the dub when it returns. Watching the dubs after watching subbed is almost like a whole new experience.
    Edited on 11/05/2008 6:52pm

Fronzel

[4]Nov 7, 2008
    I thought of that...but I've grown used to the English performances...I'm not sure if I want to switch in mid-stream.

Abriel004

[5]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    I am glad that Adult Swim has finally decided to allow fans of this show who were cheated out of this series because it was on at 5:30am by showing it at 2am. Now i finally watch all the episodes that i and many others were cheated out of in the past.

Abriel004

[6]Nov 8, 2008
    Sorry i made a mistake. I meant 1:30am slot not 2am

nopperabo

[7]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 16
    there is a slight (and I mean slight) advatage to them having gone back to episode 1. Moribito (if the guide here is accurate), is only 26 episodes long. For AS anime shown on adult swim that's fairly short (the AS excecs tend to like anime's that are fairly long (or actually still being produced), at least whne selecting new material (I know that a lot of the old stuff (like Cowboy Bebop and Big O) is even shorter, but there are stright reruns now and I suspect largely filler in the scedule.) by going back to the beginning it and Code Geass which immediately suceeds it in the scedule will end at roughly the same time (since Geass started with episode 1 of season 2 which is episode 26 of the whole show and the show end at episode 50). This is a good thing as it mimizes the chance of the AS powers that be getting impatient and ditiching the last episodes of one of the shows so they can bring out the new lineup (whatever that is) sooner. (they have done that with some of anime)

fisher100000

[8]Jan 17, 2009
    Now it looks worse--as of tonight (Sunday morning the 17th), Moribito's no longer on the schedule AT ALL!!! They backed everything after Code Geass up 1/2 an hour and put 2 eps of Inuyasha on from 5 to 6. I was really looking forward to new episodes too. Well, at least the remaining episodes are on line. Subbed, but at least they're there.

firedrakes

[9]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    on the better side i manage to pick up 1-10 eps of the series in a 6 disc collection at wallmart

MajLorne

[10]Jan 18, 2009
    • level: 21
    Man this sucks it got removed. :sigh:
    I guess it's back to watching the episodes online... I wonder if this means AS no longer feels this show is worth keeping on the air? It's a shame though. They should at least show like the last few episodes then. They can't let this show end on a 'filler'. I know it wasn't a filler, but it was mostly dialogue.

Abriel004

[11]Jan 19, 2009

Arrrgh! Not again!!!!

You know i really hope they aren't planning on giving up on this show like they did with Lupin The 3rd and especially Case Closed / Detective Conan.

It was bad enough when they cancelled those shows before their time.

I really liked this show.

It is so wrong for them to drop shows (like this one) when they aren't even finished yet.

I also hope they aren't doing it as an excuse to remove all cartoons from Adult Swim and replace them with live action.

I have noticed there are three new shows coming to Adult Swim that are totally live action (The Mighty Boosh, Look Around You, and now Delocated).

Programs like that belong on Comedy Central.

Fronzel

[12]Jan 21, 2009

Yup, hosed again.

That's probably the end of Moribito on TV. This board can return to the internet wilds whence it came.