Morning Joe

Weekdays 6:00 AM on MSNBC Premiered May 09, 2007 In Season

thefanof

Morning Joe Fan Reviews (9)

4.6
  • NBC - Rethink Your Mission

Consider myself a moderate Republican. If you want my viewing, cancel Mika! Joe presents a moderate view to today's politics. I can't watch when Mika is on alone.

If your mission is staying with super liberals and not independent thinking people, Mika is your person. Liberals don't like Joe because he makes sense and can see and express both sides of the issues.
  • Morning Joe Needs A Different Brew

The Morning Joe Show is in bad need of an overhaul. Joe is becoming quite stale. One of his obnoxious dodge behaviors of always giving Willie credit for being an expert in you name it: PR, Pilot, Arbitrage, or whatever topic he has just been found out to know nothing about is insulting to the people at the table and the audience. Mika's father hit the nail on the head when he called Joe "stunningly superficial". I think that that was being kind.

On the other side of this coin, Mika, who actually shows some signs of making a complete statement when Joe is absent, which is not enough, seems to yield to Joe like an obedient wife. I do not think that she does any favors for the women's movement in this capacity. Maybe it is fear of being cast aside like his other two wives. It is almost a little unseemly the way she sits and looks at Joe as he goes through one of his tired tirades of his Horatio Alger home life, or his famous run at being the best congressman from Florida ever, or his never ending, "I told you so, back when, when everybody was calling me a (insert whatever).

The best thing about the Morning Joe show is the double entendre, but Joe Scarborough is like two day old coffee; stale and bitter.

NBC wake up and smell the coffee.

• Joe is "Rush"? Are you high?

You people should put down your crack pipe or, if you're not smoking something, maybe you should start? Joe is about as far from Rush as you can get. Joe is a "RINO" in Rush's pin headed brain. In reality (on planet Earth), Joe is neither Rush or a RINO. Joe is just a guy who is fiscally conservative in a traditional republican sense (not the neo-con sense) and liberal in a normal way when it comes to a lot of the issues in a modern world. He also has a good sense of humor about things in general. I don't agree with him all the time but, he's fine, people. You folks need to chillax a little. Now Mika, she needs some serious help to stop parroting other peoples comments. That can be hard to watch, sometimes. She knows about soda but, after that, she shifts into that "Dan Quayle" deer in the headlights thing until somebody on the panel rescues her with a comment to keep things moving along. I'm sure she's very nice but she really struggles going off script in an extemporaneous way which, is the main element (and charm)of the format of the show, which brings me full cirlcle. Can one of you guys below, spare some weed? I think Mika needs a hit, too but, for other reasons. God bless Mika, she's dancing as fast as she can and it takes a lot of moxy to sit at that table, a few books behind, like that. Gotta give her props for that. Brave girl.
  • Morning Joe - Charlatan

Morning Joe is a muted Rush Limbaugh. Pure and Simple. He's actually worse than Rush Limbaugh because of his false image as a reasonable and average sort of guy. He's a wolf in sheep's clothes. He is an egotistical and obnoxious fellow, and he pales in comparison to many of the thoughtful TV journalists on MSNBC, who are admittedly partisan, but who honest and sincere. Morning Joe is a fraud.
  • Joe Scarborough is a Rush Limbaugh Wanna Be

2.5
    Morning Joe is just okay Except Joe.

I've watched Morning Joe most every morning for the last five years, but never again. I'm moving to CNN and the local news.

I've finally grown sick of Morning Joe just because of the effort of Joe Scarborough to imitate Rush Limbaugh. As much as I can not watch a racist like Rush; I can no longer bring myself to watch Joe's wanna be Rush comments.
  • lost its edge

Was a fantastic show that had all angles covered and both political genre's.. now it is a power hour for the obama administration and with Mika's "getting her worth" it is now just Valerie Jarrett email talking points. Do not flip to it anymore and sadly do not miss it . Sad it was how i started my day for years
  • Sorry, ...2 Stars!

When the show first aired, shortly after the Imus train wreck, it was informative, edgy and thought provoking.

Now it resembles every other pathetic news feed loop intent on selling me a Kia.

With the latest addition of "What Did We Learn" I learned to stop wasting my time tuning in.

Sorry Joe, you lost me.

Rated, ... 2 stars!
  • The most pretentious thing on TV. Elitist and snobby. Thinks its cool and hip, but its more like wannabe

I originally gave this show a decent review, as it seemed to be more balanced than the four horseman of doom MS-NBC has on nights. However, being too liberal is not the problem of this show, the problem is the people on it are practically the definition of snobby.

Remember the bookish people in high school who thought they were smart and rolled their eyes at everyone? Like Diane Chambers on Cheers, Mika Brzyzski (?) and Joe Scarboro are people who think they are cool and smart and want everyone to know it. They are joined Willie Geist (he actually goes by Willie..seriously, what is he 8 years old?) and by a rotating roundtable of guests that usually include progressives and Pat Buchanan (sticking out like a sore thumb).

Joe Scarboro was a former republican congressman who reminds everyone of that numerous times each day. You can play a drinking game and be quite hammered for every time he says "as a former republican congressman"..lol What he is is a former republican, period. He sold out for a show and sit next to a blonde all morning. He is about as conservative as Bill Clinton. His line about being a former republican congressman almost always preceeds him saying something no republican would say, such as "as a former republican congressman, I have to say Obama is the greatest president ever!" He wrote a book that only liberals bought so they could put it on their bookshelves to show they are broad-minded.

He walks in and out of the set, because cool people don't need to be on air when the man says so. (lol) Also, I guess cool people don't need ties, because he dresses like he is 25. Lately, he raves about soccer, because cool elitist people like soccer, not pedestrian baseball or football (so American!) He is like the website "stuff white people like" come alive.

Mika Brzyzski (sp?) is not much better. She tells everyone all the time she doesn't own a TV. (see website stuff white people like..I think that is #42, liberal whites who pretend they don't watch TV) She is in Cary Grantish-Doris Day type ads with Scarboro, and they lean into each other when reading the news. They give off a vibe like they are sleeping together, and considering they are married to other people is kinda creepy. The roundtable is not much better..I am oftern amazed they don't sprout into poetry to show their smarts. Her father Zbignew is a frequest guest, she calls him daddy (she's 40). Considering he was in the Carter Administration who was the worst president ever not impeached, you would think he would be too embarassed to be on TV, but they act like he knows what he is talking about.

The show would be good, but I often turn it off not for the substance but because they are insufferable. Its like a sketch show or almost self-parody of smart PBS types. As they said in "A Fish Called Wanda", chimps also read Nietzsche, they just don't understand it.
  • It's a great show, Joe knows his stuff he's easily far and away the smartest at MSNBC.

Wake up every morning with the brightest and the best, that's what you're in for when you tune into morning joe. No more of that nice and bias crap on FOX News, with the guys who create the oh so infamous "Alaska is right next to Russia" statement.

Joe is a former congressmen who gives you the best political insight he can, while offering a variety of guests who all give their sides. Morning Joe on MSNBC truly is more fair and balanced then any program during any time on FOX news.

Get the real political scoop every morning, I can't get enough of it. Joe is the best
NEW