Morning Joe

Weekdays 6:00 AM on MSNBC Premiered May 09, 2007 In Season

thefanof

Morning Joe Fan Reviews (17)

4.4
  • A BAD START TO THE DAY

I stopped watching M Joe ab a year ago - shortly after one of Joe's ugly tirades during which Mika said something ab his being a chauvinist. He showed up "sorry" the next day, but it was one too many times for me. Who is this guy anyway and how far do his outbursts go when off camera?

I worry about what his verbal abuse -which I fear becomes physical in his home - with Mika taking it and accepting his "apology" later is modeling for women who stay in abusive relationships. She should have walked out on him a long time ago, as this is a recurring event with them. (He also does it to men he considers beneath him - but like most bullies, fawns over men with more

I also got tired of her silent grimaces - behaving like his put-upon but quiet wife who feels powerless, stuck in an abusive marriage.

I miss hearing from the experts they have on, but the entire thing is a bad start to the day. Who needs it!
  • Flip-Flop Mika!

3.5
    I have been watching Morning Joe for a long time but I have decided to stop viewing the program. I am, and I'm sure a lot more people are, tired of Joe complaining about OUR President. I've observed how much he hates him and anybody close to him and all Democrats. He is such a negative man and he treats Mika like she is crazy. I can't stand how condescending he is to her. But what I hate more is Mika cowering and not standing up to Joe when she has something important to say. She often would take up for the President but I see she puts him down just as much as Joe and his little Republican cronies. I truly believe she is afraid of Joe and it makes me so sad to see her not being able to stand as a well-educated woman and shed light on her own personal viewpoints. I know she likes the President but hates to say it in front of Joe. But she has no problem taking up for Chris Christie. I truly believe they are both prejudice and racist in their own way. Some of the comments are horrible only when it comes to making fun of Democrats. When he talks about the President he never takes in consideration of his two daughters and his family. Wonder how would he feel if someone talked about him to his children. Everyday is something nasty about President Obama! I've noticed also when Joe gets angry he won't let anybody talk. He talks over everybody and he thinks he's always right. When everybody agrees with him he is in hog heaven but don't let anyone disagree. He goes into his usual routine talking about his uneventful term in the Senate. Who cares about that time? He's probably the same Joe as he was rude, loud,and ignorant. And no one trust that he had or now has ANY black friends. Mika is so much different when he is off. She says what she wants and takes in consideration other peoples feelings. She has a more positive attitude toward the President and Democrats. But when she's on the set by herself and Joe tunes in from another location she goes back to you of someone? Yes, their old friend Mitt Romney....
  • Replace Mika!

3.5
    If Mika is on, I switch to CNN. She is petty, self-absorbed and self-righteous. Mika is not the role model I want for my daughter and grand daughter.
  • Has turned into a clown act and self-promoting hosts

Too many hosts, too many hosts trying to self promote and come off as "one of the people". Talking over one another trying to give the impression of an everyday conversation among people is annoying. It has moved to an entertainment program from news program and I guess that it is what they are trying to do but it thus becomes difficult to take them seriously. Yes, a clown car on a news program
  • Where is Joe?

2.5
    Mika cannot carry the program, regardless of who else she has on the program. Where is Joe? Is he spending the summer with his kids? I am ready to delete the DVR recording of 'Morning Mika'!
  • Steve Rattner

MSNBC Morning Joe should make Steve Rattner a regular on the explanations on various subjects are thoughtful and charts however are the best !!!!!
  • Where are Mika and Joe? Appalling Poll

My husband introduced me to Morning Joe. Great replacement for Tavis Smiley!!

I am stunned by the Politico poll which rates President Obama as badly as it does. Who are they polling? I have never been polled. If there is anything that the president has done badly, it is that he has not blown his own horn on all of the behind the scenes accomplishments he has implemented. Getting the health care legislation passed and orchestrating the capture of Ben Laden should alone give reason to have him go down in history as the greatest president ever!!! Where was the emphasis on the "other side of the coin?" Love the show. Miss Mika and Joe. The show lacks luster without Mika and Joe.

• Love the show..

5.5
    Love the show but they lost me when they admitted to never have watched Game of Thrones. And Mika, proclaims she doesn't like it, but never watched it. Question is, What does Mika EVER like?
  • NBC - Rethink Your Mission

Consider myself a moderate Republican. If you want my viewing, cancel Mika! Joe presents a moderate view to today's politics. I can't watch when Mika is on alone.

If your mission is staying with super liberals and not independent thinking people, Mika is your person. Liberals don't like Joe because he makes sense and can see and express both sides of the issues.
  • Morning Joe Needs A Different Brew

The Morning Joe Show is in bad need of an overhaul. Joe is becoming quite stale. One of his obnoxious dodge behaviors of always giving Willie credit for being an expert in you name it: PR, Pilot, Arbitrage, or whatever topic he has just been found out to know nothing about is insulting to the people at the table and the audience. Mika's father hit the nail on the head when he called Joe "stunningly superficial". I think that that was being kind.

On the other side of this coin, Mika, who actually shows some signs of making a complete statement when Joe is absent, which is not enough, seems to yield to Joe like an obedient wife. I do not think that she does any favors for the women's movement in this capacity. Maybe it is fear of being cast aside like his other two wives. It is almost a little unseemly the way she sits and looks at Joe as he goes through one of his tired tirades of his Horatio Alger home life, or his famous run at being the best congressman from Florida ever, or his never ending, "I told you so, back when, when everybody was calling me a (insert whatever).

The best thing about the Morning Joe show is the double entendre, but Joe Scarborough is like two day old coffee; stale and bitter.

NBC wake up and smell the coffee.

• Joe is "Rush"? Are you high?

You people should put down your crack pipe or, if you're not smoking something, maybe you should start? Joe is about as far from Rush as you can get. Joe is a "RINO" in Rush's pin headed brain. In reality (on planet Earth), Joe is neither Rush or a RINO. Joe is just a guy who is fiscally conservative in a traditional republican sense (not the neo-con sense) and liberal in a normal way when it comes to a lot of the issues in a modern world. He also has a good sense of humor about things in general. I don't agree with him all the time but, he's fine, people. You folks need to chillax a little. Now Mika, she needs some serious help to stop parroting other peoples comments. That can be hard to watch, sometimes. She knows about soda but, after that, she shifts into that "Dan Quayle" deer in the headlights thing until somebody on the panel rescues her with a comment to keep things moving along. I'm sure she's very nice but she really struggles going off script in an extemporaneous way which, is the main element (and charm)of the format of the show, which brings me full cirlcle. Can one of you guys below, spare some weed? I think Mika needs a hit, too but, for other reasons. God bless Mika, she's dancing as fast as she can and it takes a lot of moxy to sit at that table, a few books behind, like that. Gotta give her props for that. Brave girl.
  • Morning Joe - Charlatan

Morning Joe is a muted Rush Limbaugh. Pure and Simple. He's actually worse than Rush Limbaugh because of his false image as a reasonable and average sort of guy. He's a wolf in sheep's clothes. He is an egotistical and obnoxious fellow, and he pales in comparison to many of the thoughtful TV journalists on MSNBC, who are admittedly partisan, but who honest and sincere. Morning Joe is a fraud.
  • Joe Scarborough is a Rush Limbaugh Wanna Be

2.5
    Morning Joe is just okay Except Joe.

I've watched Morning Joe most every morning for the last five years, but never again. I'm moving to CNN and the local news.

I've finally grown sick of Morning Joe just because of the effort of Joe Scarborough to imitate Rush Limbaugh. As much as I can not watch a racist like Rush; I can no longer bring myself to watch Joe's wanna be Rush comments.
  • lost its edge

Was a fantastic show that had all angles covered and both political genre's.. now it is a power hour for the obama administration and with Mika's "getting her worth" it is now just Valerie Jarrett email talking points. Do not flip to it anymore and sadly do not miss it . Sad it was how i started my day for years
  • Sorry, ...2 Stars!

When the show first aired, shortly after the Imus train wreck, it was informative, edgy and thought provoking.

Now it resembles every other pathetic news feed loop intent on selling me a Kia.

With the latest addition of "What Did We Learn" I learned to stop wasting my time tuning in.

Sorry Joe, you lost me.

Rated, ... 2 stars!
  • The most pretentious thing on TV. Elitist and snobby. Thinks its cool and hip, but its more like wannabe

I originally gave this show a decent review, as it seemed to be more balanced than the four horseman of doom MS-NBC has on nights. However, being too liberal is not the problem of this show, the problem is the people on it are practically the definition of snobby.

Remember the bookish people in high school who thought they were smart and rolled their eyes at everyone? Like Diane Chambers on Cheers, Mika Brzyzski (?) and Joe Scarboro are people who think they are cool and smart and want everyone to know it. They are joined Willie Geist (he actually goes by Willie..seriously, what is he 8 years old?) and by a rotating roundtable of guests that usually include progressives and Pat Buchanan (sticking out like a sore thumb).

Joe Scarboro was a former republican congressman who reminds everyone of that numerous times each day. You can play a drinking game and be quite hammered for every time he says "as a former republican congressman"..lol What he is is a former republican, period. He sold out for a show and sit next to a blonde all morning. He is about as conservative as Bill Clinton. His line about being a former republican congressman almost always preceeds him saying something no republican would say, such as "as a former republican congressman, I have to say Obama is the greatest president ever!" He wrote a book that only liberals bought so they could put it on their bookshelves to show they are broad-minded.

He walks in and out of the set, because cool people don't need to be on air when the man says so. (lol) Also, I guess cool people don't need ties, because he dresses like he is 25. Lately, he raves about soccer, because cool elitist people like soccer, not pedestrian baseball or football (so American!) He is like the website "stuff white people like" come alive.

Mika Brzyzski (sp?) is not much better. She tells everyone all the time she doesn't own a TV. (see website stuff white people like..I think that is #42, liberal whites who pretend they don't watch TV) She is in Cary Grantish-Doris Day type ads with Scarboro, and they lean into each other when reading the news. They give off a vibe like they are sleeping together, and considering they are married to other people is kinda creepy. The roundtable is not much better..I am oftern amazed they don't sprout into poetry to show their smarts. Her father Zbignew is a frequest guest, she calls him daddy (she's 40). Considering he was in the Carter Administration who was the worst president ever not impeached, you would think he would be too embarassed to be on TV, but they act like he knows what he is talking about.

The show would be good, but I often turn it off not for the substance but because they are insufferable. Its like a sketch show or almost self-parody of smart PBS types. As they said in "A Fish Called Wanda", chimps also read Nietzsche, they just don't understand it.
  • It's a great show, Joe knows his stuff he's easily far and away the smartest at MSNBC.

Wake up every morning with the brightest and the best, that's what you're in for when you tune into morning joe. No more of that nice and bias crap on FOX News, with the guys who create the oh so infamous "Alaska is right next to Russia" statement.

Joe is a former congressmen who gives you the best political insight he can, while offering a variety of guests who all give their sides. Morning Joe on MSNBC truly is more fair and balanced then any program during any time on FOX news.

Get the real political scoop every morning, I can't get enough of it. Joe is the best
NEW