Morning Joe

Weekdays 6:00 AM on MSNBC Premiered May 09, 2007 In Season

thefanof

Morning Joe Fan Reviews (38)

3.6
  • My Reason for Leaving Morning Joe

Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • where is Joe?

He appears to be M 's assistant.
  • When done right, Morning Joe was very good. The problem is they are losing their enthusiasm for doing it right.

Being on the West Coast, for several years I have DVR'ed this show (it makes it easy to skip the commercials and the repeated sections in the last third of the show). I have aways been keenly interested in current events, so I searched for depth and insight in order to have considered opinions on what was going on in the world.

I think the relationship between Mika and Joe is useful in conducting an interesting, entertaining, conversational exploration of varied opinions and the rationale behind each person's point of view. My orientation is right of center, so I usually liked Joe's take on things, but occasionally could see the liberal view had some merit. Overall, I've gotten something valuable out of some of the discussions with thoughtful experts and well-read, aware people. These were gems, but appear to have become more and more rare in recent times.

Unfortunately, I've noticed Joe seems to be losing interest in the show as shown by his prolonged absences, loss of focus, and occasional remarks that he would rather pursue other avenues than come to work. In my opinion, despite Joe's many weaknesses (confidence slipping into arrogance, some illogical or inconsistent opinions, his perceived need to trim his political views because he works at a liberal network, occasionally resorting to verbal bullying instead of making a persuasive case, "evolving" political positions-always from right to left, he is indispensable to the show and the network's pathetic attempts to substitute other people during his many absences has shown the show cannot survive without him.

In fact, I save so much time when Mika tries to carry the show alone or the others are substituted because, after wasting many hours watching their efforts, I can confidently delete the show knowing I missed the straight liberal world view--a strict political correctness during discussion, with superficial or no questioning of ideas, like most of MSNBC's lineup--not anything an intelligent person would find interesting or useful.

It's a shame, because this was a good show to hear thoughtful people present opposing points of view to help form well-considered opinions.
  • mikammika

she needs mental help !
  • Balanced Reviews.

While I think there's some semblance of truth in many of the reviews left here (Joe often DOES seem a bit egoic; Mika often frustrates me by not having sharper, more powerful opinions). .

I also think it's mighty suspicious that such a popular show has such low ratings, here.

Either supporters / viewers of the show aren't speaking up or someone had enough time on their hands to leave all of these reviews, who knows.

Here's what I honestly think:

- I love the conversational style of the show;

- I love how candid Joe is;

- I think his egomania is sometimes boring;

- I think Mika's lack of an ego is sometimes annoying (esp as a young woman, I think that);

- I love all the smart and otherwise fresh minds / projects / etc they have on the show;

- I love that Joe is actually NOT liberal, but often seems like a rational conservative; that's also refreshing as I'm a registered Independent, not a mindless lib or conservative. . just a thoughtful and practical person, period, as I think most Americans are;

- I'm deliberately leaving a 10 rating to balance out all seemingly imbalanced reviews.

The show has pros and cons! I honestly miss it on most days. For some reason, on my current TV, I only get CNN, not MSNBC, and that's really NOT stimulating, intellectually.
  • An overview

Mika is a bimbo, Joe is a rhino, Willie is the kid you beat the crap out of in grade school and is now on tv, Barnicle hasn't said a creative thing since Carlin died.
  • mirror mirror on the wall.....

Egomaniacs all...
  • Could be a good show minus Joe.

Joe is a horrible person... He's a verbal bully, a moron, a bigoted bastard, he's ugly, dresses poorly, doesn't know much of anything, and is generally just a pile of human trash.
  • No More Joe

Joe is pretty Sicking! I have had enough of arrogant and wondering Why he is still allowed to host this show. If it wasn't for his Lovely Co-Host I would Never watch the show again!
  • Good-Bye MSNBC

There was a time I was a fan of MSNBC and Morning Joe. I am so sick of Joe S. who is an arrogant, egotistical, self-important jerk. I now watch CNN. Diversity is good but self absorbed silliness is not. Good-bye MSNBC.
  • Howard Dean?

In "discussing" drug testing for welfare recipients, Dean equates a person receiving money from taxpayers to companies receiving "tax breaks" (the right to keep one's OWN earned Joe goes along with that?

Joe favors minimum wage increase? Joe thinks corporations should pay more taxes?

Joe is no conservative.

You've lost me, Joe.
  • Painful

2.5
    Well, first of all, the people who are accusing Scarborough of being a conservative shill are just repeating talking points, because he is constantly beating up the Republicans. In fact, this morning listening on XM I was asking myself if he was even an R anymore as he agitated for minimum wage and some environmental issue or another. I suspect that where he lands on the ideological spectrum varies.

Whatever the case he is a rude, babbling moron who ruins the show, which is too bad because they have great guests which is he typically messes that up by posing a 5-minute monologue as a question, a la Hannity. And then interrupting when they try to actually answer.

I don't know if Mika is any good because she can't get a word in without Joe interrupting her and shouting over her. I do like looking at her. ;)
  • Morning Joe Job

This one time bi-partisan political talkie has totally derailed, crashed, and burned. Only to then rise from those ashes as an exclusively 'right wing schiller'. Get where I'm going here? Comparatively speaking it has devolved to a high school level of Fox & Fiends, where facts are never part of the equation and stupidity is always a virtue.

MJJ has in the has in the past defended the Tea Parties antics, Limbaughs misogynistic rants, and has provided cover to lunatic conservatives bigotry all the while connecting 'nonexistent dots' in placing blame for everything on President Obama.

I have long since ceased to watch or listen on Sirius XM.

• Morning Joke

Something I seldom do anymore. Turned MSNBC on this morning to hear Scarborough rant through his "conservative" opinion against anything Obama, aka, "It's Obama's fault!" Whatever it is!

Today's extrapolation blamed The President for permitting our military to have different Ebola screening procedures than civilians. Is this guy totally anal or what? Most people would recognize the differences in screening a handful of doctors/nurses versus a company-sized military unit full of military gear. Most aware people that is. This Scarborough guy has his head so far up his own butt-cheeks I doubt he's aware of anything other than his own smell!

I did time as a Marine and a Navy Reservist and one thing every military person gonna tell you, the military has a reason for sometimes doing things different from civilians. When it hits the fan, they don't get to call the soldiers, sailors, airmen or Marines. They are them!

I get that these people hate Obama. But do we really wanna let them kill off our country and our freedoms just to preserve their singular ideals?
  • Morning Schmo

As a former Hill staffer and long time Washington resident, I have been a faithful viewer of Morning Joe for years. I now have decided to turn it off and have turned to other morning programs. The incredible arrogance of Joe Scarborough has finally gotten to me, and Mika's fawning over someone who treats her like an idiot is too much to take. The program often has compelling guests, but Joe insists on being the focus of everything and his attempts at humor are embarrassing. I have finally said "Enough"!
  • Morning Joe would be great--without JOE!

Ugh, what a PIA! Everything is about Joe. I like his right lean to the mainly left MSNBC. But too often he makes his point, then continues and continues and continues to carry on. He doesn't know when to say when and needs to take his meds or something. They have some interesting, well-informed guests on the show yet they're completely wasted. Why have them if Joe is just going to talk over them or not really include them at all. I don't get it? It's like they're just window dressing--what a waste! The show is no longer of great value to spend my time in the morning. Morning Mika anyone?
  • Not worth watching anymore because of co-hosts

This was once the best cable morning news program and is now the worst program on television. Joe Scarborough needs to rethink what he wants to do with his life; he has devolved into a complete failure at television. He fails to inform and entertain and that's what he's supposed to be doing. His unruly ego (all topics stem from and point to him) and comical arrogance is funny for a few minutes then very troubling. His evidence of narcissistic personality disorder is just hard to watch so I don't anymore. Mika has grown into a tiresome one-topic Barbie (women are better) and her flirty, feigned intolerance at boy behavior and bragging about her "dad" are literally turn-offs.
  • Morning Joe aka Hey everybody look at me Joe, it's my show!!

I was a long time fan of the show but over the last two years I've had my fill of Joe's obnoxious behavior! Plus Mika fawning and staring at Joe when he goes off on one of his tirades, no one dare question Joe! Great guest but those two really turn me off! I start to watch but for a short time only before Joe starts again, as someone noted he is always quick to remind everyone what a great Congressman he was in his time! I could go on & on! Oh yea don't ever ask about the mysterious death of his personal Congressional aide before he resigned!
  • Used to be good

Program has host who is Anti-semetic Guess who and why does the apple fall not far from the tree
  • Venom, mis-information and lack of substance

I could no longer tolerate dedicate my limited morning time to a show seeking foxy ratings at the expense of intellectual and truthful discussion. The disrespectful and abusive behaviors taking place between Joe and Mika is intolerable, as is the cowering of those at the table, in response to Joe's bullying. Roku in handFreeSpeechTV.
  • The Morning Joe Clown Bus

1.5
    This show was at one time ,of some substance. It has turned into a cast of clowns, purposely talking over each other to exhibit they are real people (very annoying), choppy reporting with no depth, too much pretentious laughing, too much self promotion vs an early news show, and interviews of zero substance. These shows don't have to always be serious but this has turned into a daily clown act. I have moved on to CNN in mornings.
  • A BAD START TO THE DAY

I stopped watching M Joe ab a year ago - shortly after one of Joe's ugly tirades during which Mika said something ab his being a chauvinist. He showed up "sorry" the next day, but it was one too many times for me. Who is this guy anyway and how far do his outbursts go when off camera?

I worry about what his verbal abuse -which I fear becomes physical in his home - with Mika taking it and accepting his "apology" later is modeling for women who stay in abusive relationships. She should have walked out on him a long time ago, as this is a recurring event with them. (He also does it to men he considers beneath him - but like most bullies, fawns over men with more

I also got tired of her silent grimaces - behaving like his put-upon but quiet wife who feels powerless, stuck in an abusive marriage.

I miss hearing from the experts they have on, but the entire thing is a bad start to the day. Who needs it!
  • Flip-Flop Mika!

3.5
    I have been watching Morning Joe for a long time but I have decided to stop viewing the program. I am, and I'm sure a lot more people are, tired of Joe complaining about OUR President. I've observed how much he hates him and anybody close to him and all Democrats. He is such a negative man and he treats Mika like she is crazy. I can't stand how condescending he is to her. But what I hate more is Mika cowering and not standing up to Joe when she has something important to say. She often would take up for the President but I see she puts him down just as much as Joe and his little Republican cronies. I truly believe she is afraid of Joe and it makes me so sad to see her not being able to stand as a well-educated woman and shed light on her own personal viewpoints. I know she likes the President but hates to say it in front of Joe. But she has no problem taking up for Chris Christie. I truly believe they are both prejudice and racist in their own way. Some of the comments are horrible only when it comes to making fun of Democrats. When he talks about the President he never takes in consideration of his two daughters and his family. Wonder how would he feel if someone talked about him to his children. Everyday is something nasty about President Obama! I've noticed also when Joe gets angry he won't let anybody talk. He talks over everybody and he thinks he's always right. When everybody agrees with him he is in hog heaven but don't let anyone disagree. He goes into his usual routine talking about his uneventful term in the Senate. Who cares about that time? He's probably the same Joe as he was rude, loud,and ignorant. And no one trust that he had or now has ANY black friends. Mika is so much different when he is off. She says what she wants and takes in consideration other peoples feelings. She has a more positive attitude toward the President and Democrats. But when she's on the set by herself and Joe tunes in from another location she goes back to you of someone? Yes, their old friend Mitt Romney....
  • Replace Mika!

3.5
    If Mika is on, I switch to CNN. She is petty, self-absorbed and self-righteous. Mika is not the role model I want for my daughter and grand daughter.
  • Has turned into a clown act and self-promoting hosts

Too many hosts, too many hosts trying to self promote and come off as "one of the people". Talking over one another trying to give the impression of an everyday conversation among people is annoying. It has moved to an entertainment program from news program and I guess that it is what they are trying to do but it thus becomes difficult to take them seriously. Yes, a clown car on a news program
  • Where is Joe?

2.5
    Mika cannot carry the program, regardless of who else she has on the program. Where is Joe? Is he spending the summer with his kids? I am ready to delete the DVR recording of 'Morning Mika'!
  • Steve Rattner

MSNBC Morning Joe should make Steve Rattner a regular on the explanations on various subjects are thoughtful and charts however are the best !!!!!
  • Where are Mika and Joe? Appalling Poll

My husband introduced me to Morning Joe. Great replacement for Tavis Smiley!!

I am stunned by the Politico poll which rates President Obama as badly as it does. Who are they polling? I have never been polled. If there is anything that the president has done badly, it is that he has not blown his own horn on all of the behind the scenes accomplishments he has implemented. Getting the health care legislation passed and orchestrating the capture of Ben Laden should alone give reason to have him go down in history as the greatest president ever!!! Where was the emphasis on the "other side of the coin?" Love the show. Miss Mika and Joe. The show lacks luster without Mika and Joe.

• Love the show..

5.5
    Love the show but they lost me when they admitted to never have watched Game of Thrones. And Mika, proclaims she doesn't like it, but never watched it. Question is, What does Mika EVER like?
  • NBC - Rethink Your Mission

Consider myself a moderate Republican. If you want my viewing, cancel Mika! Joe presents a moderate view to today's politics. I can't watch when Mika is on alone.

If your mission is staying with super liberals and not independent thinking people, Mika is your person. Liberals don't like Joe because he makes sense and can see and express both sides of the issues.
< 1 2