Morning Joe

Weekdays 6:00 AM on MSNBC Premiered May 09, 2007 In Season

thefanof

Morning Joe Fan Reviews (45)

3.5
  • Please!

2.5
    What are they doing to this show? What happened to the very friendly morning table of interesting friendly people that we all woke up to? I realize that you lost Willy Geist, but why have we lost the friendliness of everyone else sitting around that great table sipping their coffee with the rest of America and discussing the daily news stories? You have now changed the format to something very boring! We want more of Joe and his friends not more of Mica who has nothing to talk about but WEIGHT and how badly woman are treated in the workplace! I despise woman that whine. She would serve all of us woman in a much better way if she showed us her brain power. And remember PLEASE, that the show is called 'morning JOE' not 'morning Mica'!
  • Replace Mika!

3.5
    If Mika is on, I switch to CNN. She is petty, self-absorbed and self-righteous. Mika is not the role model I want for my daughter and grand daughter.
  • Mika, find another clerical job ...

When Joe is gone, I delete the episode. I really don't see her job except to keep Joe on track.

Does she need glasses? She struggles reading the news.

All she is about are her opinions ... nothing to back it up ... seemingly no experience.

AND PLEASE MSNBC, plz stop promoting this 50 yo woman as a hottie. That, she ain't.

I do like Joe, his opinions and some of his guests so I'll give them a '3'.

I do not like some of the liberal guests name calling.
  • Get rid of Mika & Donnie

What I like about Morning Joe is the time they spend on debating the issues compared to FOX and CNN. What I don't like is the prejudice that Mika and Donnie have towards Republicans. They dismiss any idea if it stems from a Republican. Bring in a balanced table of analysts and you will see an increase in the ratings.

A journalist should be unbiased and respect all sides on an issue and the facts.. Mika is not a journalist, and the same goes to Donnie D.
  • Mika the bully?

I think she had read a lot of the reviews here and is now over compensating. She has replaced Joe as the bully. If you don't agree with her, she moves on to another guest until she finds someone who does agree.

I had to leave about 15 minutes into the show today. Just couldn't watch it anymore.
  • Used to be a fan

When this show first started Mika and Joe showed true ability to listen to both sides of an argument and discuss fairly .... Lately they have become like a dog with a bone. Mika, clearly an Elizabeth Warren fan, and Joe, clearly stung by Bill Clinton during his presidency, have become the new Anti Hillary show. They no longer listen to both sides, they ignore the likes of Gov Ed Rendell and smirk at any opinion they do not agree with. I can no longer watch. I'm not opposed to people having an welcome it. However, I looked to this show to give airtime to all opinions right, left, center and show some respect. Now they are like FOX find no reason to watch this show any longer. I see that their ratings are at an all time is probably due to the fact that it no longer showcases a discussion, but rather the editorial position of the two hosts. I'm disappointed at Mika and sad that there is no intelligent TV to watch in the early morning....
  • Low ratings - Get rid of Joe Scarbrough

2.5
    Joe Scarbrough with his loud, rude, rantings is the problem here. He thinks by shouting his rants over and over and not letting a guest speak, that he is being smart. He is obnoxious and very difficult to watch. He treats his co-host, Mika, with blatant distain and speaks down to her when she tries to make a point. MSNBC needs to get him off and ratings will improve again. One only has to read the MOJO facebook comments to see that I am not alone in this assessment.
  • Watch It for Selected Guests

More often than not, I am enlightened by the show. When that happens is is seldom due to Joe's limited insights, virtually of which he copied from previous guests, or from Mika's lack of preparedness on the issues. In a typical morning, the show will have two or three guests who are real experts on a topic of importance. When Joe decides to let these guests convey full thoughts -- about half the time -- the viewing time is well spent.

Joe himself is something less than inspiring. Organically manipulative, he jumps to conclusions far ahead of the facts and selectively excludes portions of stories that would countermand his case, which he repeats endlessly.

After watching awhile, it becomes clear that there is a process of intimidation at play with regular guests. If you make Joe look uninformed or unintelligent, you will not be asked back. Only larger than life guests can get away with complete candor. I recall Jeb Bush telling Joe that watching his show was like watching someone club baby seals. It is sometimes entertaining to see how regular guests who often know more than Joe, dance around the issues to make a portion of their point while paying homage to Joe's insights. I wonder how they feel about this.

I understand that there is another way to interpret what I have said. Joe is insecure and defensive. That may be true but I would appreciate it if he made a concerted effort to be objective. One can hope.

• My Reason for Leaving Morning Joe

Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • where is Joe?

He appears to be M 's assistant.
  • When done right, Morning Joe was very good. The problem is they are losing their enthusiasm for doing it right.

Being on the West Coast, for several years I have DVR'ed this show (it makes it easy to skip the commercials and the repeated sections in the last third of the show). I have aways been keenly interested in current events, so I searched for depth and insight in order to have considered opinions on what was going on in the world.

I think the relationship between Mika and Joe is useful in conducting an interesting, entertaining, conversational exploration of varied opinions and the rationale behind each person's point of view. My orientation is right of center, so I usually liked Joe's take on things, but occasionally could see the liberal view had some merit. Overall, I've gotten something valuable out of some of the discussions with thoughtful experts and well-read, aware people. These were gems, but appear to have become more and more rare in recent times.

Unfortunately, I've noticed Joe seems to be losing interest in the show as shown by his prolonged absences, loss of focus, and occasional remarks that he would rather pursue other avenues than come to work. In my opinion, despite Joe's many weaknesses (confidence slipping into arrogance, some illogical or inconsistent opinions, his perceived need to trim his political views because he works at a liberal network, occasionally resorting to verbal bullying instead of making a persuasive case, "evolving" political positions-always from right to left, he is indispensable to the show and the network's pathetic attempts to substitute other people during his many absences has shown the show cannot survive without him.

In fact, I save so much time when Mika tries to carry the show alone or the others are substituted because, after wasting many hours watching their efforts, I can confidently delete the show knowing I missed the straight liberal world view--a strict political correctness during discussion, with superficial or no questioning of ideas, like most of MSNBC's lineup--not anything an intelligent person would find interesting or useful.

It's a shame, because this was a good show to hear thoughtful people present opposing points of view to help form well-considered opinions.
  • mikammika

she needs mental help !
  • Balanced Reviews.

While I think there's some semblance of truth in many of the reviews left here (Joe often DOES seem a bit egoic; Mika often frustrates me by not having sharper, more powerful opinions). .

I also think it's mighty suspicious that such a popular show has such low ratings, here.

Either supporters / viewers of the show aren't speaking up or someone had enough time on their hands to leave all of these reviews, who knows.

Here's what I honestly think:

- I love the conversational style of the show;

- I love how candid Joe is;

- I think his egomania is sometimes boring;

- I think Mika's lack of an ego is sometimes annoying (esp as a young woman, I think that);

- I love all the smart and otherwise fresh minds / projects / etc they have on the show;

- I love that Joe is actually NOT liberal, but often seems like a rational conservative; that's also refreshing as I'm a registered Independent, not a mindless lib or conservative. . just a thoughtful and practical person, period, as I think most Americans are;

- I'm deliberately leaving a 10 rating to balance out all seemingly imbalanced reviews.

The show has pros and cons! I honestly miss it on most days. For some reason, on my current TV, I only get CNN, not MSNBC, and that's really NOT stimulating, intellectually.
  • An overview

Mika is a bimbo, Joe is a rhino, Willie is the kid you beat the crap out of in grade school and is now on tv, Barnicle hasn't said a creative thing since Carlin died.
  • mirror mirror on the wall.....

Egomaniacs all...
  • Could be a good show minus Joe.

Joe is a horrible person... He's a verbal bully, a moron, a bigoted bastard, he's ugly, dresses poorly, doesn't know much of anything, and is generally just a pile of human trash.
  • No More Joe

Joe is pretty Sicking! I have had enough of arrogant and wondering Why he is still allowed to host this show. If it wasn't for his Lovely Co-Host I would Never watch the show again!
  • Good-Bye MSNBC

There was a time I was a fan of MSNBC and Morning Joe. I am so sick of Joe S. who is an arrogant, egotistical, self-important jerk. I now watch CNN. Diversity is good but self absorbed silliness is not. Good-bye MSNBC.
  • Howard Dean?

In "discussing" drug testing for welfare recipients, Dean equates a person receiving money from taxpayers to companies receiving "tax breaks" (the right to keep one's OWN earned Joe goes along with that?

Joe favors minimum wage increase? Joe thinks corporations should pay more taxes?

Joe is no conservative.

You've lost me, Joe.
  • Painful

2.5
    Well, first of all, the people who are accusing Scarborough of being a conservative shill are just repeating talking points, because he is constantly beating up the Republicans. In fact, this morning listening on XM I was asking myself if he was even an R anymore as he agitated for minimum wage and some environmental issue or another. I suspect that where he lands on the ideological spectrum varies.

Whatever the case he is a rude, babbling moron who ruins the show, which is too bad because they have great guests which is he typically messes that up by posing a 5-minute monologue as a question, a la Hannity. And then interrupting when they try to actually answer.

I don't know if Mika is any good because she can't get a word in without Joe interrupting her and shouting over her. I do like looking at her. ;)
  • Morning Joe Job

This one time bi-partisan political talkie has totally derailed, crashed, and burned. Only to then rise from those ashes as an exclusively 'right wing schiller'. Get where I'm going here? Comparatively speaking it has devolved to a high school level of Fox & Fiends, where facts are never part of the equation and stupidity is always a virtue.

MJJ has in the has in the past defended the Tea Parties antics, Limbaughs misogynistic rants, and has provided cover to lunatic conservatives bigotry all the while connecting 'nonexistent dots' in placing blame for everything on President Obama.

I have long since ceased to watch or listen on Sirius XM.

• Morning Joke

Something I seldom do anymore. Turned MSNBC on this morning to hear Scarborough rant through his "conservative" opinion against anything Obama, aka, "It's Obama's fault!" Whatever it is!

Today's extrapolation blamed The President for permitting our military to have different Ebola screening procedures than civilians. Is this guy totally anal or what? Most people would recognize the differences in screening a handful of doctors/nurses versus a company-sized military unit full of military gear. Most aware people that is. This Scarborough guy has his head so far up his own butt-cheeks I doubt he's aware of anything other than his own smell!

I did time as a Marine and a Navy Reservist and one thing every military person gonna tell you, the military has a reason for sometimes doing things different from civilians. When it hits the fan, they don't get to call the soldiers, sailors, airmen or Marines. They are them!

I get that these people hate Obama. But do we really wanna let them kill off our country and our freedoms just to preserve their singular ideals?
  • Morning Schmo

As a former Hill staffer and long time Washington resident, I have been a faithful viewer of Morning Joe for years. I now have decided to turn it off and have turned to other morning programs. The incredible arrogance of Joe Scarborough has finally gotten to me, and Mika's fawning over someone who treats her like an idiot is too much to take. The program often has compelling guests, but Joe insists on being the focus of everything and his attempts at humor are embarrassing. I have finally said "Enough"!
  • Morning Joe would be great--without JOE!

Ugh, what a PIA! Everything is about Joe. I like his right lean to the mainly left MSNBC. But too often he makes his point, then continues and continues and continues to carry on. He doesn't know when to say when and needs to take his meds or something. They have some interesting, well-informed guests on the show yet they're completely wasted. Why have them if Joe is just going to talk over them or not really include them at all. I don't get it? It's like they're just window dressing--what a waste! The show is no longer of great value to spend my time in the morning. Morning Mika anyone?
  • Not worth watching anymore because of co-hosts

This was once the best cable morning news program and is now the worst program on television. Joe Scarborough needs to rethink what he wants to do with his life; he has devolved into a complete failure at television. He fails to inform and entertain and that's what he's supposed to be doing. His unruly ego (all topics stem from and point to him) and comical arrogance is funny for a few minutes then very troubling. His evidence of narcissistic personality disorder is just hard to watch so I don't anymore. Mika has grown into a tiresome one-topic Barbie (women are better) and her flirty, feigned intolerance at boy behavior and bragging about her "dad" are literally turn-offs.
  • Morning Joe aka Hey everybody look at me Joe, it's my show!!

I was a long time fan of the show but over the last two years I've had my fill of Joe's obnoxious behavior! Plus Mika fawning and staring at Joe when he goes off on one of his tirades, no one dare question Joe! Great guest but those two really turn me off! I start to watch but for a short time only before Joe starts again, as someone noted he is always quick to remind everyone what a great Congressman he was in his time! I could go on & on! Oh yea don't ever ask about the mysterious death of his personal Congressional aide before he resigned!
  • Used to be good

Program has host who is Anti-semetic Guess who and why does the apple fall not far from the tree
  • Venom, mis-information and lack of substance

I could no longer tolerate dedicate my limited morning time to a show seeking foxy ratings at the expense of intellectual and truthful discussion. The disrespectful and abusive behaviors taking place between Joe and Mika is intolerable, as is the cowering of those at the table, in response to Joe's bullying. Roku in handFreeSpeechTV.
  • The Morning Joe Clown Bus

1.5
    This show was at one time ,of some substance. It has turned into a cast of clowns, purposely talking over each other to exhibit they are real people (very annoying), choppy reporting with no depth, too much pretentious laughing, too much self promotion vs an early news show, and interviews of zero substance. These shows don't have to always be serious but this has turned into a daily clown act. I have moved on to CNN in mornings.
  • A BAD START TO THE DAY

I stopped watching M Joe ab a year ago - shortly after one of Joe's ugly tirades during which Mika said something ab his being a chauvinist. He showed up "sorry" the next day, but it was one too many times for me. Who is this guy anyway and how far do his outbursts go when off camera?

I worry about what his verbal abuse -which I fear becomes physical in his home - with Mika taking it and accepting his "apology" later is modeling for women who stay in abusive relationships. She should have walked out on him a long time ago, as this is a recurring event with them. (He also does it to men he considers beneath him - but like most bullies, fawns over men with more

I also got tired of her silent grimaces - behaving like his put-upon but quiet wife who feels powerless, stuck in an abusive marriage.

I miss hearing from the experts they have on, but the entire thing is a bad start to the day. Who needs it!
NEW