Mortal Kombat: Conquest

(ended 1999)

Gislef

Mortal Kombat: Conquest Fan Reviews (11)

• I miss watching this on saturdays.

I wish they'll put it back on the air like they did Hurcules.
  • The beautiful people playing Chess with sexed up Martial Artists. Now this is my type of show!

Having only watched from episode 14 to 22 I got a shortened version but this didn't stop my enjoyment. I loved the highly sexed up show and every actress was picture perfect. I have never seen so many beautiful people in one show in all my life.

But here it was, not so cheesy as Hercules or Xena. But a more brutal adaptation of a very successful video-game. There was a very strong element of watching a chess game between Gods, Emperors, Kings, Queens and all that are powerful.

The Martial Arts thrown in is my type of show. I just wished it would of lasted longer.
  • Kung Lao along with two characters that have nothing to do with the game set off on a journey to fight evil.

3.5
    The only reason i chose to watch this show is to see how creative the makers of this series will get by showing us all the different characters of the game. Im quickly starting to lose interest in the story-line of the show, but at the same time there is a part of me who wants to watch the whole show so i don't miss any characters. I can't wait to get done with this show put it aside and never watch it again. For all the mortal kombat fans, im sorry to say but you will be very dissapointed.
  • Good show. To many questions.

Overall the show was decent. The Ending i believe could have been better or they should of added more to it. There was to many question left behind and to many stories left untold. Characters like Subzero, noob sibat, scorpian, and the whole reptile army. Also master cho. They should of finished up there stories or mention what had happend. Also i would like to know or think would have been neat if they were to mention if this was something after liu kang, sonya, and such, or before. I know they are two dif stories but believe it would have been better if they did put the stories somewhat together, evan if it were just tales. Over all good show till the end.
  • Kicked Butt on a weekly basis.

I really loved this show. I started watching it because I thought the first movie was great. I never played the games much so I just loved the movie at first. But when I saw the show it was great. I loved how the three main characters got along. Plus one was a women who kicked butt. Sometimes the acting was okay, but other times they had really good tv actors that have been around. It was some thing different on tv. Thats; probably why i liked it so much. It was more than just fighting, they had a story to tell about its three main characters.
  • It was one of the greatest action series ever but it had the worst ending ever.

I remeber I used to watch this show when I was in high-school. Every day after me and my mates would see it, we would comment about it at school for hours and have great hopes about new fighters being introduced, new plots and so on.
    I, and most of the people my age I know, considered it a great series, with cool special effects, nice approach to the Mortal Kombat Universe (which we knew pretty well) and intersting plot, until the final episode aired.
    We were very disappionted by the ending, and considered it lousy, just put there out of place, leaving many unanswered questions.
    I really liked the episodes with Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Quan Chi; the way the realm was depicted and the music were fabulous; the action was good, for such a series, reminded me of Hercules.
    I didn't like how the plot change near the end, but I really enjoyed the initial story. The narator's voice was calimg, as it should have been and so was Shao-Kahn's.
    All in all, a great series, ruined by the ending.
  • One of the most entertaining programs I have ever seen, the coolest thing you know!

Ever since I have found out about Mortal Kombat, I have never liked another martial arts film or show more. Mortal Kombat Conquest has a very exciting storyline and the characters are very unique. Some of the characters in the show have at some point in the t.v series "over acted" but some people may think that this may be becuase it is based on a video game, and the actors are re-acting how the computer characters characteristics are in the games. Kristanna Loken (Taja) and Tracy Douglas (Vorpax) both act well throughout the series and have made an impact on the series itself.
  • A Mortal Kombat show... that made since to those who like Mortal Kombat.

I liked this show a lot. Kung Lao is a good character, and I always thought that something could be done with his story. Little did I think they would make it into a television show... I figured maybe a Mortal Kombat game. This show, while not with the most elite team of actors, or the best special effects, or the most intense fighting scenes; entertained me. I think that any Mortal Kombat fan will enjoy seeing Kitana, Mileena, Shao Kahn, Rayden, and other Mortal Kombat favorites on their television.

Unfortunately the show is no longer around, I would like to see a DVD of it... just for the heck of it. Anyone else think that Drahmin = Kung Lao?
  • Aside from Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm this was the best MK show infact it was better than DOTR SCORPION made more than one appearance in Conquest.

Aside from Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm this was the best MK show infact it was better than DOTR SCORPION made more than one appearance in Conquest. There was even cool fight scenes between SCORPION and SUB-ZERO ( the original one). Plus the show if brought back, brigning Kung Lao, Siro, and Taja back they could introduce ERMAC and have more Smoke episodes along w/ the other cyborgs and introduce Shinnok.
    Plus have more Scorpion episodes and more Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero episodes and maybe a crossover with MK movie characters with the MKC characters. Or Scorpion&Sub-Zero vs. Noob Saibot&Smoke.
  • Mortal Kombat, a kick-ass game and a decent TV show following three friends fighting for earthrealm in the tournament Mortal Kombat.

With a plot-line based before the first video game, the series follows Kung Lao and two friends he is training for the tournament of Mortal Kombat. A lot of the characters in the show come from the video game series so for hard core fans it was easy to follow.
    At times the acting and story lines were lacking but the show was quite solid. The best aspect to this show was the fight scenes which were amazing, words can not do it justice.
    Also what was interesting about this show is they way they decided to end it. Knowing that it wasn\'t to be renewed after one season, Shao Kahn kills off every character therefore eliminating any openness for a second season...Well done...but it sucks that it got axed.
  • An excellent innovative show.

It's been a long time since I've seen this show. If my memory serves me right it was on every sunday on the WB. I loved the show and I say it is cutting edge and innovating because I never at any other time in history, at least with my eyes, have I seen a story where the bad guy wins. In the final episode, every single good guy dies. My thought on this was they did this because they figured the new millenium would wipe out all electricity and they wanted to end it, but the bad guy winning. I'd never seen that before. I later learned it was because they were planning to bring back all the good guys in season 2, but I'll never forget that show for the way it ended. Truly, one of a kind.