Mortal Kombat: The Animated Series

USA (ended 1996)

Mortal Kombat: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (7)

• The core premise is that Earthrealm has a team of fighters that work together in the war against Outworld armies. Sort of like G.I. Joe. That's the biggest difference from the game, but if you can get used to it, there's alot that works well.

7.7
    Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm wasn't bad for what it was. The show delves deeper into the Mortal Kombat mythology while also following some continuities from the feature film (Liu Kang's defeat of Sub Zero). I think they did a good job of representing most of the important characters that have appeared throughout the franchise. Everyone from Kano (first game) to Quan Chi (MK4) make an appearance. As I stated in the summary, the good guys from the game are teamed together, G.I. Joe style. It's a huge departure from the mythology, but it actually works well for the show. Each episode, they battle a different Outworld minion, with backstory or some sort of personal drama attached to a member of the team. Once i got used to it, I liked it. The fighting is also pretty good for a cartoon.