Most Haunted Forums

Living (ended 2010)

I know the real reason why derek acorah isn't in Most Haunted anymore

raging_monkey

[1]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    derek isn't in most haunted because the team started getting suspicious about him being possesed all the time so they made a anigram (in a name form)saying Derek is a cheat and then Derek went into the office and saw the name that they had made up(he didn't actually realise it was a anigram) then the next night he pretended to get possesed by this person so they fired him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

raging_monkey

[2]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    has anyone read this yet

msdawnie1961

[3]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    WOw I was wondering.....I kinda figured he was scamming

[4]Mar 18, 2007
    this reason does explain alot of things. I have watched the show for over two years and have purchased many DVDs. I was sad when derek left most haunted in 2005. Ihave watched every episode of the show from the first seven series and think that derek hasnt always been a fake. I think that he was completely genuine in the first couple of series. I became suspicious of him when he started to get possessed much more frequently in series four...

PiperPrueLover4

[5]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    Yeah I noticed this too. It became an episodely event. Thanks for the explanation!

sajwest

[6]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 23

i got to say i never really  liked Derek to much.

i started watching most haunted quite late (series 5 i think) and he always seemed to get 'possessed' to easily for my liking.

GuidesAndThat

[7]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 50
    I think the problem is, he was the first well known TV medium and, in all fairness to the guy, Most Haunted probably wouldn't have become as popular without him. However, I'd guess he thought so too and it blatently went to his head and he made an idiot out of himself and the show in the process.

PiperPrueLover4

[8]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 18
    The show has lost a little of its quality since his departure, but only a little. In general, it remains the same standard as what it was without him. And the joke's on him: his new show sucks!

skatergirl017

[9]Apr 8, 2007
    sounds about right i do thing thay derek is a medium but he plays on it a lot(eg being possesed)

Dean0Mac

[10]May 1, 2007
    • level: 5
    LMAO... That's all made up.

Yes, the team were getting slightly 'suspicious' about him always being possessed but the bit about the anagram is a bunch of made up BS; because even Yvette said it was all made up for publicity.

There were 'arguments' and disagreements but the true reason D.A left MH was because he wanted to continue along a separate path *IE: Doing Ghost Towns and finishing his second book*

NOTHING To do with them disliking his style.

GuidesAndThat

[11]May 1, 2007
    It wasn't made up, it was in the press and everything. If it was made up you'd think Derek would have something to say about them attempting to ruin his reputation... there are also laws against reporting things about someone that aren't true.

Dean0Mac

[12]May 2, 2007
    • level: 5

"It wasn't made up, it was in the press and everything. If it was made up you'd think Derek would have something to say about them attempting to ruin his reputation... there are also laws against reporting things about someone that aren't true."

Oh wow lol because it was 'in the press and everything' that makes it all completely true? Buddy, 65% of what's posted both in the newspapers and online is UNTrue... I know the exact thing that's being spoken about, there was supposedly two "Kreed Kafer" which is apparantly an anagram of Derek Faker and also "Rik Eedles" which is apparently another, this time meaning "Derek Lies" Believe me, it was made up there was NEVER Any footage of those supposed workings. And Derek already mentioned that it was fake as did both Yvette and Ciaran in one of the UK's Sunday newspapers when Derek had his last MHL and decided it was time to go...

GuidesAndThat

[13]May 2, 2007

Dean0Mac wrote:
    Oh wow lol because it was 'in the press and everything' that makes it all completely true? Buddy, 65% of what's posted both in the newspapers and online is UNTrue... I know the exact thing that's being spoken about, there was supposedly two "Kreed Kafer" which is apparantly an anagram of Derek Faker and also "Rik Eedles" which is apparently another, this time meaning "Derek Lies" Believe me, it was made up there was NEVER Any footage of those supposed workings. And Derek already mentioned that it was fake as did both Yvette and Ciaran in one of the UK's Sunday newspapers when Derek had his last MHL and decided it was time to go...

Hang on, you just said 65% of what you read in the papers is false and cited a newspaper example to prove it was false. Basically all of this was reported in newspapers one way or another, you can choose to believe it or not. As I don't have access to the Sunday papers you mention, I can only refer to the interview with Yvette in Metro, published here.

Yvette Fielding (Metro October 30, 2006) wrote:
    Unbeknown to us, Ciaran O'Keeffe had suspicions about Derek and decided to plant some information to see if it would be repeated. He left a piece of paper around with the name 'Kreed Kafer' on it and said, within earshot of Derek, that he was a nasty South African jailor. When we started filming, Derek decided to get possessed by this fake person. The name is actually an anagram of Derek Faker. We tell people everything is real, then it turns out he was a fake, so he had to go.

It seems straight forward and honest to me. As for non-existant footage, the above 'Kreed Kafer' incident recorded at Bodmin Gaol was actually broadcast.

bungle02uk

[14]May 5, 2007

yeah derek had to go. his fakeness got too blatant towards the end.

but what about that richard felix, the historian guy. anyone know the real reason he left the show??

Edited on 05/05/2007 11:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

GuidesAndThat

[15]May 6, 2007
    The reason given was that LIVING didn't want a historian on the show. Personally I agree with them. In the live show there's a need for a historian as things are mentioned which need immediate research. If something comes up in a recorded investigation, you can stop the camera and ring a historian or dig up a text book. As a result Richard Felix's apparent presence on the show was simply as another investigator who was probably payed more than everyone else to do the same job. I'm guessing they probably had the auditers in complaining about money wastage and they ended up replacing him with a crew member (Geoff) instead.

Maisy13

[16]May 10, 2007
    • level: 17
    I liked Derek, and even if he was faking, it was entertaining.

Breadon

[17]May 13, 2007
    • level: 3
    He always seemed to be over the top.Thanx for the post!!!!

mobbs456

[18]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 16

Ugh i h8 Derek! OK, i think there was the odd occasion very early on in the series that he WAS possessed - the best example is Brannigans NightClub.

however, in almost EVERY DEREK episode he was possessed and started attacking the team. i think it was just an excuse to shout at Yvette LOL!

but i am glad he is gone - i like David Wells.

Lion4Life

[20]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 30
    ʇsod ʎɯ pǝssǝssod ʞǝɹǝp