Most Haunted

Living (ended 2010)

gabfan31

Most Haunted Fan Reviews (159)

• :'( Most Haunted u av competition, do ure research

Most Haunted WHAT R U DOIN please research ure competition, l loved watchin Most Haunted back in the day until l saw one particular episode that changed everything. When l herd there was a NEW MOST HAUNTED l thought rite give them another chance lets c if they have upped their game, OMG l have neva seen anything so bad, ure first episode was just awfull, ude got carl in the basement with another chappie to find a roll of tape gone missin then carl goes up the stairs and low and behold this tape appears right where carl is stood, this particular episode was focussed on tape and how it waa moved SHAME, again have u researched ure competition, they r actually trying to find ghosts and also to debunk, which to me is very important to get rid of all these skeptics, u look like ure mocking people like me and millions of others that like to take this seriousley, ure competition is ghost hunters and international new ghost adventures, please take a look and take more seriousley, if u want it to b a comedy then advertise it as MOST COMMICAL, l remember in the beginning u used to b more serious now u seem to c it as a joke. Just looks like a money spinner to me, looks like carl wants a new car? get up to date guys an invest in new equipment or new peiple. WORD OF ADVICE PLEASE TAKE MORE SERIOUS, would lov a reply? x

• Rubbish

1.5
    Used to enjoy the old series, but this new series is almost unwatchable, bad cameras poor sound and stuart fainting all the time in both of the new series come on!! Fred Bat highly unwatchable, perhaps he should go back to managing a night club Poor Poor Poor will not be watching any more of this. Such a shame as it used to be good
  • Oh Dear.

Watched about 27 minutes worth of Episode One.

last watched previously back in 2010 (Only 1 season)

Firstly there are now many good paranormal investigating shows around, all with there own unique take to tracking down the unseen forces that greatly mystifies the living. shows like Ghost hunters, Ghost adventures to name a few of the top.

Now with Most haunted being exposed publicly for the wrong reasons you would think they would want to come back with a bang and bring more techniques to the table (not a Ouija board i hope) my example of this would be no mediums as they have gone wrong here before with the whole Derek Acorah nonsense and also limiting people to the investigation, too many people all crammed into one room is not a great assurance for silence whilst trying to supposedly hear spirits, in addition there was also accusations of Karl and Stuart being a cause for a lot of the controversy around noise making and lets say "un honest" activity, now whether this is true or not this is something they needed to consider changing whilst coming back into the light again (no pun intended) but instead we get that very same boring hard to believe nonsense. now Most haunted will have its followers as it has been around for some time but it was clearly marked for death as I said before there are many other shows out there now that do a hell of a good job compared to most haunted.

So what do we have this time around, well I am afraid its the same as before with a sprinkle of terrible, basically lots of people walking around with lights on talking amongst themselves and then having to stop suddenly every now an then as an object will be heard falling or a door closing or a voice in the distance all of course NOT shown on camera to us the viewer, and then the bomb of all nonsense came which ended at 27 minutes for me was the apparent unconvincing passing out of Stuart. I mean come on, it is that obvious with what is known about the show in previous telling, I have no option but to doubt any credibility to this show whatsoever which is a shame as I am sure if there is a spiritual world out there and they are trying to contact us these are the people they have to use to do it with.. i would predict this show will run to the end of its season and then disappear for Derek Acorah to contact spiritually in one of his shows somewhere in the channel islands. all jokes aside this is not a serious Show in any way their techniques are clearly to gain fame not for any scientific reasons of actually finding out and proving in some way to the public ghost exist.. save your time watching this garbage.

No paranormal equipment (A camera does not count) and even the camera was not in night vision.

No EVP

No static camera's

No heat

No motion sensor's

but why do they not need this equipment because they have Karl and Stuart.

this show is for entertainment value one similar to You've been framed however its a shame we here in the UK do not have a good reliable honest show that can provide us with good proof of the paranormal.

• What a load pants Most Haunted

Can I say sorry if this offends anyone.

Sorry for this folks but they should be taking of the air for crimes against humanity . Do they think we are as stupid as there are for faking alleged paranormal activity.20 years I have done this line of work and never in all that time have I ever had some shoot at me "NEVER" Sorry it just does not happen that way.

Yes we know its made to entertain the masses and we know it never going to be a real paranormal investigations show due the the fact ghost or spirits dont do make or retakes.. I could say so much more but I think you guys and ladys have said all that needs to be said.. MOST HAUNTED GO AWAY AND BLOODY STAY not wanted any still have so many gullible people that hang of there ever wim and think that everything they do or say is truth... ITS REALLY NOT
  • FAKE HAUNTED RETURNS - WAS ANYONE BOTHERED???

MOST HAUNTED (NEW SERIES) Episode One

Review by COLIN SMITH

Okay, the show which kick-started a thousand wannabe Ghost Hunting Teams returns to our screens after a three year absence. Has it changed for the better or the worse? Have they listened to their critics or their fans?? Lets see...

First off, only some of the team have returned, notably Yvette, Karl and Stuart and some newer faces too, absent is a Medium though, which breaks a bit from format. The location was a Theatre in Bacup, and it followed a standard walkabout like MH has done before. Yvette wearing a tie for some strange reason? The so-called activity started almost from the end of the credit roll, with a series on bangs, raps and thuds. These increased to tape rolls moving and blocks of wood being thrown and keys moving... impressive eh? Well unfortunately we then descend into standard MH territory. No cameras to shown these events, Trigger objects not covered with locked off cameras, and instances where it was hard to tell if a crew members or Karl, Yvette and Stuart hadn`t moved or dropped an item off camera. Certainly when they walked down some step and Karl said footsteps were right behind us on the stairs!" has he never walked down some stairs and have them creak behind him as the boards settle? And four people had just come down these steps lets remember. Worse was to come with the Ouija Board session where if came out that a spirit called "Jake" (I hope no relation to our friend at CHAPS!) had followed them and had done this several times before. Now this didn`t exactly enthral me with confidence in their protection powers considering they had a new person there. There also followed several instances between Dan and Karl with some moving ducktape, however since Dan was filming and not keeping the camera on the tape, just Karl most the time, we didn't see it move. Then it "suddenly" appears on the ground by Dan... did he drop it?? We cannot say. The final scenes in the basement with Yvette, Karl and two others in which we are treated to some normal shouty outbursts from Yvette and a raft of so-called paranormal events, however, as the team exits a door there is a loud scream by Yvette as she encounters in the dark.... Stuart!! How long had he been there? what had he been up to?? He wasn't part of the team in the basement....

The summing up was done by some Hippy-like bloke billed as a "sceptic" who seem to have gone to the School of Monotone Delivery, either that or he had got himself spaced out on something. He should give some to Yvette to calm her down before a vigil.

Overall - this is basically the same old Most Haunted as ever. If this is what floats your boat then fine, but its pure entertainment only. For those of us looking for a little bit more I`m afraid MH has missed the boat again. It had a chance to change and it didn't take it. Its hard to endorse a programme which does little to amend its mistakes simply to gain viewing figures. MH followers will find their fix here, but it leaves little for everyone else. Its a tired format and a bit embarrassing for the viewer and all those involved in it. We need something new...

RATING: **

MOST HAUNTED - Second Episode (new series) Really TV.

Reviewed by Colin Smith.

Okay, you know my previous review? I said we were not going to watch this anymore as the first episode was so predictably bad. Well.. Joan and I decided to just watch the second one to be sure we hadn`t made an error and that perhaps something could be salvaged from the tired old MH format.

So, is Episode 2 a return to form???

erm... well, in a way - YES! Its a return to all that was bad with the original MH, and its mainly down to the things we noted in the Episode one review. If fact within the first 10 minutes we are treated to a gratuitous camera ogling of a young woman`s backside!! This when supposedly paranormal events are going on with an object (surprise, surprise!) being thrown out of There is also a suspect shot of Karl retrieving an object thrown off camera shot, with him being the only person close to it - alarm bells started to ring...

But after the break, we are treated to something really spectacular - the return of the Karl & Stu double act!! Whilst the main camera view was predictably on Yvette there was a commotion off to the right in a doorway. We are then treated to a shot of a collapsed Stu on the floor with Karl by his side trying to get a response from him. Also, camera views are shown from Karl`s camera and Stu`s camera which do not really add anything as to why Stu fell over. Stu`s explanation is fainted", which is hardly of a paranormal origin. Apparently Stu said he felt faint earlier, however this footage is shown AFTER the event, not before!

All very suspect...

And, quite what a completely unknown so-called Rock band were doing there as "Special Guests" completely mystified me!

Again , no Medium present - if we are to believe Stu`s fainting act as being paranormal, then where the hell is their protection?????

What good will a Demonologist do either? Why is he

Well, Joan an I gave it up till the second break, but I`m afraid enough is enough.. this tragic programme now insults us rather than entertains us and does not come recommended at all.

Most Haunted... take note. We predict this "comeback" will last only one series. Serious Ghost Hunters have moved on, you have not. And the price you pay is ridicule and obscurity...

RATING: *

• Most disappointing Haunted!

Have enjoyed this show for years - what have they done with it? No mediums, no night vision cameras, coudn't see anything anyway!!! Miss Ciaran and Derek I suppose!! Very disappointing!!!

• I do enjoy a laugh

When you consider the amount of technology at their hands and only a few cameras in use - I wonder why this is? could it be that if they did wire each room they would not have a show? Any one can stand in a darkened room and say "what was that" whilst staring down the camera - but without video footage how can the audience judge? I think Karl given his one time show stating that he does not believe in paranormal - then dancing around stating how scared he is - but Karl you said you don't believe - so why do you react the way you do???? perhaps if you remove yourself from all investigations and just comment at the end?? The new make up girl has been chosen well - note of caution to her - if she really wants to make up her own mind - she needs to remain at the back when leaving a room with evidence. Probably observing the team will give her the answers as to what is real and what is created for effect. I have never known so many tappings as on Most Haunted - someones knuckles must be very sore by the end of filming. I can see Karl and Yvette are trying a new approach and I am so grateful the screaming banshees are no longer there as they ruined the show - one was forever winging and the other screamed at every creak of the floorboards. So by taking out the distractions you have what the audience could have told you - a banal show - pity you could really do something with this show but you choose to tread the same worn boards.
  • What a load of baloney

I have watched Most Haunted for many years and it has always been entertaining and quite funny. I watched the first episode of the new series expecting more of the same and perhaps even an improvement given this new series has been a long time in the making. What a load of old codswallop. Amateurish and downright boring. I must agree with the negative comments given below. No historian and so no historical facts. No Ciaran and so no voice of reason. Just them walking around listening out for a few taps quite obviously made by fellow crew members and screaming at absolutely nothing. Absolutely no point the "demonologist" being there. What did he do? As for them getting all of a dither over those rolls of damn tape supposedly being moved about. You wouldn't believe they'd been doing it for years and years given that it was so dire. If this episode was a taste of things to come then they have shot themselves in the foot. Absolute rubbish.
  • AWFUL!

The first episode was an absolute load of rubbish! No medium, no paranormal investigator, no historian, no new (or even old) technology - NOTHING! As a result there was no information about anything and it was totally amateurish and boring. Even the titles were old ones recycled, because the programme was clearly done on the cheap. To get rid of everyone who made it interesting and replace them with nobody as all is incredibly stupid. Do Yvette and Karl think we will all be watching with delight just because they are back on our screens? That's the impression I got, because there was no substance to the programme at all. Well, darlings, I hate to tell you but I'm not going to tune in just to see you floundering and yelling without anybody there to guide us, inform us or actually make the programme watchable. You have ruined what was once a good programme, whether of not we believe it was real or faked. I used to think that the rumours about Yvette being a diva were nonsense, but with all the sackings, arguments, people walking out etc. I have come to the conclusion that hey are true. They have lost some very good people and replaced them with nobody - is it because now nobody wants to work with them? Well soon nobody will want to watch them either, because if next weeks' show is as bad as the first one, I won't be watching again. Goodbye Yvette and Karl - you have destroyed your own creation!
  • not gotten any better

have watched this series on/off over the years. I've always thought that the first series was a lot better (being they were all new to the that it became theatrical and wonderfully ridiculous. half of it was staged managed and the mediums felt it was mediocre. Yvette's for ever screaming and Karl's always out of shot when somethings moved or someone's the new episode I noticed that the board did not move when Karl left the room and who takes a make up artist on a ghost hunt with time take a priest I truly believe you all need blessing!.
  • how could it be worse ?

I can't believe that the new episode of most haunted (2014) could be even more rubbish than some of the earlier episodes. It might as well be a radio show because you see nothing except a good view up Carls nose or evettes big black ringed eyes ! I recorded it for a bit of entertainment not serious paranormal findings but it was not entertaining, just screaming, shouting bad camera work and a supposed ghost who loved to play with tape of all shapes, colours and sizes. NO NO NO Most haunted pack up and please dont come back I have deleted the show and shall not be watching it again... at least when Derek was a medium on it we could have a good laugh at his fake take overs ! Rated 1 because there is no -10
  • New Most Haunted?

I hope the upcoming season in August 2014 is not a repeat of all the screaming and blundering about in the dark of previous shows. If you want to be involved in the making of this kind of program the presenters should not be so easily scared, after all, they are in these locations looking for ghosts. It would be a much more enjoyable show if I didn't have my eardrums assaulted by people of a nervous disposition who seem to think that this is entertainment. It would be much better to be able to see and hear what is actually going on. They need to be more professional . I think if I was a ghost I would be insulted by the constant requests to throw things and knock repeatedly. Can the producers not find any questions to ask during the seances, such as, "What is it like being dead?". I'm sure viewers could think of interesting questions for the show.
  • should be called silly faces

i have watched the program with great anticipation... many times and all i get as a viewer is constant close ups of silly presenter faces, i wonder if they actually point the camera elsewhere other than each others close up we the viewer might actually see something, i do understand how important it is for them to show their faces on tv "but come on" at least 90% of each program is their silly faces, all they do is video each other blocking 95% of what is around them.. the familiar phrase " what the hell was that" well we wouldn't know would we... and another phrase " did you hear or see that Brian or whoever " well no because your pointing the camera in my face, is what should be the reply.. i feel the focus of this program is on the silly faces of the presenter and not much else.. how about putting the camera in a stationary position instead and letting it record, instead of letting a frantic presenter holding and shaking it when a noise is heard or something is seen, and all we can see is their blurry faces whilst they are screaming the place down.... when are we the viewer going to see something or hear something.. never i feel as the 3 way conversations over the top of everything and silly faces blocking out everything any noises or views that they say are there..... very boring yawn yawn
  • love this show

i think all the team have been great its not fake paranormal does excist and this show brings it to many peoples attention amazing i hope they carry on makeing shows as i love it i say if you dont belive any of the shows then before judgeing there good work go and stay overnight at the same location yourself before judgeing there experiances
  • should be called ORB HUNTERS

Most haunted was the first paranormal show i seen but was hooked on ghost hunters when it came out, then ghost adventures and now stranded.. started watching deep south paranormal but i dont know if i like it or not and paranormal state was shit house!
  • If you have the nerve

I would like to see Most Hounted at Market Bosworth hall To spend a night in the tower were it is closed down because no body of this life will ever go, the blood stain on the wall appears and it does not matter how many times it was painted over, the Grey Lady has been seen walking, And i all so have witnessed Her and i give her respect,. If they survive that; I would like to send them to Building 15 on the Caterpillar works This is a part of the old air field and in this building, electric stops doors open and many people will not enter by them self after dark, Flight air men have been seen walking about waiting for their plains from the 2nd world war These were Lancaster bomber pilats
  • so dame fake

most hunted is so fake
  • most haunted

Too much swearing and squawking to hear what's going on. Totally unprofessional.

Why are they so surprised at the reactions they get from the spirits. Isn't that what they want? Duhh!!

And why so many people on the crew, from admin assistant to make up, and probably anyone who answers the phone. It all adds to the confusion. I think they should take a leaf out of Ghost Adventures book, now there's a professional team that get results!!
  • Psychological factor not taken seriously.

3.5
    Why the need for darkness? Other than increasing the anxiety a hysteria of the situation, which makes it difficult to ascertain whether there is any genuine paranormal activity because of the exaggerated reaction of the participants, I can see no reason for this: the spirits/ghost activity, if present, would not be influenced by light or it's absence. The parapsychologist has commented on the psychological factor involved in these explorations. I think if this was taken seriously, and the psychological expectations, fantasies, anxieties etc, were reduced as much as possible, it would be a much better programme. Unfortunately I think the producer is appealing to the lowest common denominator in an attempt to maintain high ratings - so the hysterical screaming is unlikely to stop any time soon.
  • So sad

I only started watching this out of boredom 3 weeks ago. I have to say "It is all fake"

Pieces of fluff seen in night vision claimed to be 'orbs', slight tapping noises probably caused by temperature changes or Deathwatch beetles, doors moving which is most likely just wind or the movement of floors or the house/property itself.

As for the people themselves, well. Let's take Derek, a bigger 'wide boy' fake couldn't be found, more often wrong as right and when he is 'possessed', well that's a laugh. The fat short blonde woman, I call her 'touchy' for obvious reasons.

I've spent time in dark properties alone and although it may be a bit spooky sometimes I was never running scared and screaming like demented women like the crew on this show does. They are either acting or experiencing mass hysteria, I believe 'acting'.

All in all a total crock of rubbish. I'd LOVE to actually see something fly across the room and damage one of them, then I just might believe a bit of it!

Give it up, you are fooling no one, well the seriously mentally ill maybe.
  • An' another thing

If it's pitch black an' yer can't see noffink how do yer know if it'as not the persons about you that are making noises an' throwin' things about? You say you trust them but that's not proof that it's not them is it?
  • IT'S ALL FAKE ( except for a few things but that really freaked them out)

This show was proven to be all fake , they make the knocks, the sounds almost everything! Ciaran O'keefe outed this show some time ago...just google!
  • its a joke

apart from the screaming , which is ridiculous "if they cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

I would like to know what a vigual is, If anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful, also on the replays of slight noises or thumps etc they play bloody music over it , and then... they all scream and run !!!! . I know if I dont like it dont watch it , but...one of theses days we may hear or see something substantial. Great programme spoilt by the team.
  • The screaming!!!!

I can't stand the screaming, how the hell are we supposed to hear anything when all you do is scream, if you are that scared what's the point in doing the show, other than the money you must be raking in, although I am a believer in spirits that derek acora is a total joke, does he really think we can believe that he's being possessed by spirits, & isn't it suspcious that most the time the information he gives can't be verified, & if he has a spirit guide why does he feed Acora the wrong information???, nothing adds up. Yvette give it up because the screaming is beginning to p*** me off now!!!!!!!!!
  • The unwatchable programe

The idea is good but the screaming and pleeping out workds makes it only possible to watch with subtitles. That medium derek really is an actor and Kath, why the hell is she there at all if not to just scream?

In all nice subject but wrong format and crew.
  • Absolute screaming crap!!!

What a load of utter rubbish!!! She screaming at any oppertunity...Her comments of utter crap ....get it off the TV and show something like Scooby Doo....Thats more like reality than this load of shit!!!
  • STOP SCREAMING

I do like to watch but i just wish they all would take a chill pill and stop with the screaming, they probley miss so much with all the noise they make, if they are to afraid to do the show, maybe someone who does not scream at everything should have a shot, i do physical mediumship and noone in the groups iv ever sat with screams. its the only bit that ruins the show. Come on team GET A GRIP.
  • unsatisfied with evidence

2.5
    hello i really enjoy watching your program but im abit disappointed with the footage you get i think it would be better if the crew did not get so scared at things that happen and try get better footage of the paranormal activaty. I think its a shame becouse you go to some really good places and have the potential to gather some amazeing footage however the crew gets to scared and end up not getting quality footage of whats happerning. I love everything to do with paranormal activerty and would like to see convincing evidence. I realy hope the crew can put just as much effort into geting the hard evidence on camera for the views to see for them selfs insted off been told this is whats happerning. All that said i do enjoy watching your show but i think it could be taken abit more serious
  • love it but dislike it...

i read some other comments and i came across one that was saying about that they don't see anything and i agree. there's other shows that investigate with the paranormal,and i'd say the best show is 'ghost hunt',unfortunatly they don't show it anymore,but they have proper equitment and actually get bizzare apperations on tape and they have funny moments(: the best show! however most haunted have normal camera's and no real equitment,yet they say they see 'black shadow's' but we can never be sure as they won't capture it..really annoy's me but cant get enough of it:)!
  • Good Job!

I thoroughly enjoy every episode of Most Haunted, even if there is no "boo" factor. I think it is well presented and very informative, it is clear the locations are researched. As far as "fake" and "bad camera angles" goes, I would love to see ANYONE try to do what the crew of Most Haunted do and try to keep composure. Good job team!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6