Most Haunted

gabfan31

Most Haunted Fan Reviews page 2 of 6

7.6
  • Where are you now?

Use to love watching the show only because I truly believe you were all actors and not real investigators. Use to make me laugh more then believe or scared.

I wish you all the best and are still doing what it is your doing...miss the show tho....
  • Yvette Fielding Is An Immature Fool

Yvette Fielding only thinks "LOOK AT ME". She's horrible and ignorant. I could not believe the way she used to constantly try to steal the show from people like Derek Acorah. For instance Derek would be receiving supposedly psychic information, and trying to explain it but

suddenly the idiot, Yvette, would interrupt and say something totally stupid like "DID YOU HEAR THAT OVER THERE ??!". No one would know what she was talking about. And if she really did hear anything, it was never anything worth mentioning let alone interrupt the guest psychic about. She was always trying to grab the attention on that show. During a seance she actually got up and ran away and went into a small room of some sort {forgot} and as if she could "make it happen" she was there {camera on HER of course}, trying to drum up some dramatic psychic incident. Of course she failed. But she did manage to get the camera off the main group who were trying to hold a seance. She's a Pig. And she has a nasty personality. While in Hever Castle she had to say something extremely awful {and untrue} about Anne Boleyn. Horrid Yvette had to announce that she heard that Anne had slept with her own brother out of fear of not conceiving a child with the King. It was a nasty rumor and slander against Anne Boleyn back in her own time, and Yvette the B*tch From Hell has to say the nasty rumor now {as if there was something to it} on camera. Instead of saying anything kind or sympathetic. And that God-Awful black woman on the same episode at Hever, a supposed medium or psychic, she had the loudest,crass mouth and trashiest personality. Sheer Ghetto and she was proud of it.

I think Anne in Heaven would be sick to see those two in Hever. And,well Yvette, I you would do anything if it got your fat face on camera. Anything for attention, right Yvette ?

Yvette thinks Anne would do anything but in real life Yvette does anything, anything for attention. Pathetic-
  • Love the show but.......

They need to get rid of Cat...she has done this long enuf , she shouldnt be screaming and freaking out so much , i would never , ever have her on my team! She over acts to everything and acts like its her first time investigating, to do this kind of job , especially after this long, she should be able to control herself.

• My partner and i enjoy the show but are getting annoyed with Yvonne.

4.5
    Yvonne talks too much during the investigating part along with the other woman screaming and talking!...she needs to do the history side of it and then let the guys do the investigating part at least they know how to be QUIET when there are noises to be heard by all the people viewing your show ... when she asks the spirits to come forward and make a noise she never gives them a chance to...as she is always TALKING! SHUT UP YVONNE!! Stu and Richard are great they hardly talk at all ask the spirits to make a noise and they stay quiet and wait...learn from this Yvonne!
  • Love the locations, hate that I can't hear the "ghosts" or see them for all the cursing of the cast and their inability to focus the camera on anything but themselves.

Though I love learning about these places I have to say if they wanted to prove activity they need to set up cameras that they are not holding. There are so many peices of equipment that would make this a decent show. Unfortunately I never hear what they "hear" because they are too busy spouting explatives, and I never see anything because they are obviously in competition with my 8 year old as to who can spin a camera around more and make me sea sick. Seriously put down the camera if you can't hold it still, no one wants to look at your "terrified" facial expressions, we want to see what you "see". Not that they are much better with the proof, but Ghost Adventures at least doesn't make you sick with the camera.
  • Dartford Library - Whats with the cue cards?

While watching the episode filmed at Dartford Library I noticed that while they were discussing the woman Kathleen with David the sound guy was holding up cue cards in one of the camera shots.....seemingly feeding David with information. Whats that all about? I know that there has been issues in the past with previous mediums on the show and seeing something like this begs one to ask the question, how much of this show is actually real? Have also been watching Ghost Hunters and I must say the lads from TAPS are far more convincing in their hunt for the paranormal.

Has anyone else noticed these cue cards in Most Haunted?
  • Firstly let just say we like watching the show as it peeks our interest. While some member's of the cast are colourful to state the least, others are eccentric. The evidence they provide is on nearly every occasion flawed and disappointing.

What could be a excellent show reduced to just good, just below average is how I would rate Most Hunted.
    The cast seem to be fairly camera friendly and reasonably well spoken when they are not screaming and reacting like frightened children jumping at shadows.
    The show definitely has something going for it don't get me wrong after all I have watched many episodes and enjoyed a few here and there, mainly because the supernatural interests me to some extent.

Unfortunately it leaves you asking more questions rather than providing any real evidence or answers and on some occasions leaves you wondering how the cast can actually believe they have any credibility left at all.

For instance they seem to chase paranormal activity all around buildings, jumping from one room to the next like goof balls. Never able to actually catch the beginning of the so called phenomena and half the sounds they state they heard are never audible to the viewing audience its kind of tragic really and a little sad.

If they actually wanted to have some creditability, firstly the historian wouldn't actually be included on the vi duals, she would be actually confirming the mediums and most haunted teams evidence after the vi duals had taken place, hence either confirming what the team had found or not, instead the historian seems to be there on every vi dual and it could be stated that she is in someway interacting (causing some of the phenomena), it makes her creditability questionable, after all if a table is supposed to move and shes near it when it does the audience obviously is going to immediately question its authenticity and if any one on the Most haunted team has any brains at all.

On most occasions the size of the team is way to large, and on nearly every occasion there are unaccounted for team member's, surely it would be better that all member's of the team on location where visible on camera at all times. It would firstly prove that any phenomena caught on camera by the team wasn't actually caused by the team. For instance if a ball bounced or a chandelier moved or something else got thrown around a room, you could clearly see that the team on location didn't cause it.
    How grand would that be for the viewers of the show, after all we are all watching hoping to see something that can not be easily explained away, unfortunately the Most haunted team leaves us feeling flat due to the lack of care taken to make sure that they are accountable and credible.

I wasn't going to state the obvious but i guess why not, i can hope that maybe they read this and get something out of it which improves the show or at least gives them food for thought about being credible.

So here goes : To the Most haunted Team:

Firstly when you are in a house let me state the obvious to you okay: The house isn't that large that you have to run from room to room to get spiritual activity, if there is something in the home it will be present anywhere in the home , no need to run around like headless chooks.
    Secondly make sure that all team members are on camera so what they are doing at the time phenomena occurs clearly shows they didn't cause it.
    Thridly follow the first two rules, if a spiritual presence is in a home and wants to let you know its there you don't need to go roaming around the house.
    If you do choose more than one location in a house to do a vi dual then set up still cameras that show the whole room and the team members that are present at that time, have them sitting asking questions not roaming around out of camera shot. Obviously that then shows that they didn't cause the phenomena.Be accountable, geez or is that asking to much of you?
    When doing larger complexes like prisons or factories etc: set up still cameras that show the Most haunted team didn't cause the phenomena, make sure at all times the most hunted team is visible on camera and if the team separates that they clearly are far enough away from the other team so they don't accidentally cause phenomena to occur, the biggest thing there is to make sure that every member of the team is clearly on camera, and once again there's clearly no need to roam around , pick locations of disturbance and ask questions or what ever you want to do. If you want to roam around it should only be the medium and parapsychologist and another Most haunted team member doing so before the vi duals, so locations of interest can be determined. It kind of makes perfect sense and brings credibility and for once may have people actually believing something you state, who knows you may find out something or the answers to your constant question is there something after death , all you guys have provided so far is most viewers laughing at you, not with you, and while i will continue to watch, your actual credibility is zip. Not once i have i gone wow, i cant explain that away or haven't questioned did you guys cause it to happen. no credibility which really disappoints,. Im not asking you to be like TAPS , but having credibility like Taps where all memebrs are visible and never of camera able to cause phenomena would be fantastic. If i had to rate you against Taps TAPS WINS 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES. may i say its not the team, that causes this 1 out of 10 rating against Taps because we like all the cast even funny Brian who always makes me laugh, but your just not believable.
    here's hoping you read this, also would be great if you guys looked at some Australian locations.
  • While Entertaining this show should not be taken seriously

4.5
    I like this show for the entertainment value but as far as believability it rates a very low score. I started losing believability of this show when Dereck Acora seemed to be getting possessed almost every show. I know a couple Mediums and they say getting possessed as many times and as often as he did just does not happen. Plus after 12 seasons this show has been on air I would have thought that the main characters would have stopped jumping and screaming at every noise. The team is definitely not true paranormal investigators going by the way they investigate. There are other shows out there like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Lab, Paranormal Cops, etc that investigate hauntings scientifically using Audio recorders, infrared and night vision cameras, Broad Spectrum Cameras, etc and don't have any Mediums with them. They also show the results of their investigation usually at the end of the show or even during the show. They are part of actual groups that do real paranormal investigations and are very professional about it not actors on a supposedly reality show.Plus they do not run around like scared children at every little noise. So if you want to watch a paranormal show that is believable then don't watch Most Haunted.
  • Absolute waste of my time and I'm sure many others!

I enjoy how they're able to bring out spirits and how they can communicate with them. There's four words I keep hearing during the show "did you here that", I'm glad they're able to hear spirits reacting to they're requests, but what good is it if the tv viewers are unable to hear it. There's nothing wrong with my hearing including my wife and friends. The audio absolutely needs to be enhanced. The other very popular ghost hunting shows make sure they're viewer's are able to clearly hear what they hear. The show Most Haunted is a waste of time for the viewers unless your satisfied with "did you hear that, did you hear that, did you hear that"
    GRV
  • I started watching Most Haunted a few months ago and at first found it very good.

At I continued to watch it though I was extremely unimpressed with the cursing. It is very irritating for the viewers and as for me, I won't watch it any longer because I can't stand the constant beeping. Either have some class when you speak or stop dubbing out the swearing. For something that appears so small, it is actually a show stopper. Also it would be nice to see you rescuing these spirits as opposed to provoking them just for entertainment purposes.

I prefer rescue mediums because of this as their show actually has purpose. Are you afraid that if all the spirits are rescued that you won't be able to have a show anymore?
  • What's with all the swearing, and more rants...

3.5
    Everytime you watch the show now, there is more and more swearing and cursing. Are the people that inexperienced with hunting ghosts that they are so fearful of a noise, a bump, or a moan? Also,it makes me more skeptical when Karl and Stuart try to convince us that there "are no strings attached". Give us a break. Leave anyone who has a tendancy to scream when a mouse farts out in the production van (Kat, Stuart, and yes Yvette too) By now you should be used to isolated places and strange noises. And instead of taking any noise as paranormal, try finding out what may be the cause. Why have you never used recorders for EVPs? You can certainly sniff out audibles more than any other research team. Lastly, who thinks up the themes each season? One year it was coin/ring throwing, the next it was whistling. Another season we enjoyed watching the bald headed Psychic fall on his butt in almost every show, and in 2009 we are blessed with the unending trick of rolling a marble down the hall and hearing another come back. Nice going off camera production staff!! Enough for now!!!!!
  • A review of the Most Haunted series airing on the Travel Channel.

Most Haunted - or "Stop Crying it's just the Cameraman" as I sometimes think of it, is an interesting look into the paranormal, and into what happens when Paranormal Investigators try not to terrify each other with their own body noises. The show is something of a staple for the Travel Channel, having recently completed it's 11th Season and which, to my knowledge at least, is something no other paranormal series has accomplished. The european, mostly UK, crew are a lively bunch, if not always all that bright. Lead by Yvette Fielding, they lock themselves inside of a purportedly haunted locale, at night. They often do this with what seems like an entire production crew of about 30 people. Yet those ghosts still seem to come, sometimes, and scares ensure. What you will witness - a bunch of brits acting scared because their shoe scraped on the floor and trying not to pee themselves. Lots of ouija boards and "seances". A psychic who stutters so much you have a hard time thinking he isn't making it up as he goes along. The one voice of reason, Parapsychologist Ciaran O'Keeffe, who does such a good job breaking down what you may have actually seen that he probably deserves his own show. And of course, lots of creepy locations. There is a lot to like about the show - it has a very high entertainment value, the locations are suitably creepy, and you really don't know who is going to do what. Although I have been critical of many aspects of the show, there have been some standout episodes - the visit to Waverly Hills, for example, being actually scary. It's up to the viewer to decide if they can put up with the various instances of crew members being scared of a noise it was almost impossible for anyone else to hear. But it's fun to visit with these lads every once in awhile.
  • How has this stayed on air?

You can only laugh at a show where the Psychic (Derek) dishes out statements while the bubble at the bottom of the screen states that he's wrong. How many frequent liar miles do you think this nut has racked up? I've never seen a ghost team that runs away screaming from the slightest noise. Hey, why doesn't everyone hold their hands over a table, ooohhhh, did you feel it move? Gosh, let's call it a ghost and hope that no one got a shot of our feet. Hey, did you hear a rock being tossed? Certainly it could not be a member of the 20+ person team, it must be a ghost named Shorty Flagelmeister (no such person has ever been found in connection with the building). If I were a ghost (lonely, desperate, delusional or otherwise) I'd avoid these people like the plague in fear that other ghosts would laugh at me and take away my otherwordly membership.
  • An insult to paranormal TV shows.

2.5
    I have always believed in spirits and have been interested in them. When I discovered 'Most Haunted' I thought it would be good and really interesting. Boy, was I wrong.

This show is awful. It's like the Most Haunted team aren't even trying - everything is staged, of course it is. Almost every episode they say they noticed something, but they "forgot to turn the cameras on". Come on, that excuse is getting old.

Not to mention it's like... uber dramatic. Derek Acorah is constantly feeling "energy" everywhere he goes, it's pretty lame.

But I suppose it's not -all- that bad. I would still watch this show if there was nothing else on TV and it's good for a laugh at how obviously staged it really is. But, in all honesty, if you're interested in the paranormal like I am, then I would suggest watching Ghost Hunters. At least they have proof of spirits.
  • Most Haunted's crew travel the world to "investigate" reported hauntings. Pseudo science and volatile language detract from the shows content.

It might be better if they didn't have people cursing and screaming all the time. I mean really, they are looking for ghosts right? It shouldn't be a shock to find one. Occasionally the content is entertaining and even believable but generally I find the participants lack of self control unprofessional and detracting from what might have been a good show. There are good aspects. I find the on command pebble pithing, table tossing, and wall knocking hilarious! If any REAL scientist were able to produce results like this the field would not be PARA andything-- it'd be the real deal. Dr Ciaran? Doctor of......? Degree from....? Feeble.
  • FAKE OR REAL?! WHO CARES.

Most Haunted is definitely the perfect name for this show. Whether it has fake moments or not the places they travel too are already scary enough, and I know those are real. I can understand how it's hard to keep viewers believing that what is actually happening is real. I believe that this show does a fantastic job of keeping viewers coming back for more. There are episodes every now and again that makes you say "now is that really possible, or is it fake?" Yet for majority of the shows I am constantly on the edge of my seat. Don't get me wrong I am a sceptic of these shows but that is just one of the reasons I return for more, because no matter how hard I look for something to be fake I end up getting myself scared by something. This show out of the many towers over them all, it has excellent locations they travel to, great ghost hunters and/or hosts, and some of the most scariest moments I've seen. This show always keeps me jumping.
  • Mockery of Ghost Hunting.

Wow. This show tries to take on hunting spirits in a series way, but it just comes out as comical and rather pathetic. In every episode, you'll see thier medium (Whom my Brother states is a Billy Joel look-a-like) spout out dates and names, followed by wording on screen 'Noone by that name or date has anything to do with this location" lol. You've got Ms. Overdramtic as a host, and in most episodes you'll find a table of some sort that will be "shaking on it's on!!"....pity you never get to see all the table legs to find out which crew member is really doing it. It's okay to watch in a campy, these people are full of it sort of way, but if you want professional well done ghost hunting, go watch Jason, Grant and company on Ghost Hunters...heck, Scooby and the gang may even be a better take on the paranormal than this. lol
  • Basically, a group of paranormal experts and a historian go onto these haunted places and try to find a ghost.

Honestly, this is one of the worst ghost shows I have watched, and I watch a LOT of ghost shows. I mean, they all seem to expect the ghosts to perform like trained monkeys. "If you're here, can you tap on the wall for us?" "Can you give us a sign that you're here?" Rarely is the ghost even bothering anyone. Usually, it's just some place that's rumored to be haunted. The whole show basically consists of Yvette Fielding yelling out for the ghosts to do some tricks for the camera. Then, if a ghost DOES decide to make his/her prescence known, the investigators start cursing, screaming, and freaking out. In one instance, one of the investigators was standing in a dark basement yelling "You coward! Are you too afraid to show yourself? I'm not afraid of you!" The ghost then knocked something off a shelf and the guy was screaming, cursing, jumping, and completely flipping out. WTF?
  • I really love this show and I watch it as much as I can.It is really informative and I hope it keeps going for years.

Everybody should watch this show.I really do recommend it to everybody.It is very informative and I watch it every night.I even watch it in the early hours of the morning as well.I am really interested in it cos it tells me things I didn't even know.It does frighten me sometimes and then I hide behind the cushion.I think Yvette Flelding is great and I especially like Derek Acorah because he is my favourite medium and I would love to be as good as him some day because I am psychic myself and I have had a few myself.I'm not really sure what else to say on here.I would love to know if anyone else agrees with me.Caroline.
  • why does this show still exist?

ok lets see.... when i first saw this show is was 15 or 16. i was channel surfing on a friday night and i was BORED!i ran in2 a channel about ghosts and how i love to watch ghost related shows. when i first saw it, it didnt seem fake to me and actually sent chills up my spine. but now i watch that show and i watch ghost hunters, and im like, is this the crap i used to like so much? this show is just like ghost hunters except that they dont use any real evidence to backup what they say. in fact there are major differences between the shows. this show does everything possible to prove the existence of ghosts and its like they hear a pen drop in the darkness and theyre like omg a ghost! so yeah this show is enjoyable if ur lookin for some entertainment but if ur lookin for a show that actually can show u proof, DONT watch this...
  • Most Haunted is one of my favorite shows. I make sure I am home by 9pm on Fridays to catch this show. I think that this is a wonderful show and I recommend anyone who is interested in the supernatural to watch Most Haunted!!!

Although I love this show, there are a few things that tend to bother me. For instance, I believe that it would help if they permanently affixed cameras in the most active room for the 24 hrs. I like the hand held cameras, but they do not show proof of whats going on because the hand helds are usually pointed at the people talking into them. I like that they do have skeptics go with them to disprove what could've been perceived as ghosts. I really wish I could go with them and see for myself if it is all real or exaggerated for the public. Great show, but permanently affixed cameras should be in place, & any time they need a guest to come with them, I am always ready and available! :)
  • Why run away and scream. Whats the point in that. By screaming your catching nothing but you being scared.

Most Haunted is okay. But they need to be a little more abservant about their surronds. The show needs to be more real and less fake. The crew needs to stop pretending that these things that they are hearing, feeling, or sensing is actually happening. It's so fake. If they want to act then get onto a movie that will take there acting. Don't spoil something that can actually go somewhere. If I was on Most Haunted then I would go investigat every little sound that is visiable to hear. I would just stand there and scream for my life and act like it's all real. I'd go after these things not run away from them.
  • i am an avid ghost hunting freak who loves watching the paranormal shows but !!!!!!!

1.6
    After watching 6 episodes of most haunted I have dropped all seriousness and purely watch it was comedy now ..Never have i seen such b.s on a show and it is called reality.. how about straight up fiction ..Or they are by far the luckiest ghost hunters in the world with spirits acting on que . playing catch moaning . and not to forget . super rock throwers ..their medium who ''has no knowledge'' comes right in gives off first and last names ages and cause of death as quick as the eyes can read a prompt .the stack light house dissproves him in an instant when he says ''Are you the woman who just floated up the stairs and stopped right in my face '' 45 seconds after this a mysterious pebble pops beside him and he jumps like a little girl .. ok floating ghost no problem . little pebble almost pee's pants ... good god such fakes ... i ahve a wonderful idea ... get the american ''ghost hunters'' to team up with most haunted and watch how nothing happens cause ghost hunters will bust their butts for the fakes they are ..and one more little piece of weird information ... all this banging and clanging rock throwing and voices yet .. never any evp's nothing ever on thermals .. no proof other than what they claim ... like i said comedy ...nothing else they should be sued for claiming reality .
  • Interesting

I enjoy this show, but I am often left wondering if any of it is set up to get a reaction. Unlike Ghost Hunters, I am inclined to mis-trust everything I see on the episodes. I'm not looking for sensationalism (is that the word i want?), I am interested in seeing REAL paranormal activity. This show ranks second, only to Ghost Hunters, for me.

Doubts don't keep me from watching the show. Overall i do enjoy it and hope it sticks around for a long time. I find these type of shows very interesting.

The main characters in the show are great, keep them around.
  • All the haunted places in England. Cool. My roots are deep in England. I may be a Yank but I have English blood.

All the haunted places in England. Cool. My roots are deep in England. I may be a Yank but I have English blood. I love castles, I love old taverns, hotels, history that I think my own blood must have travelled by. Then I realise that there could be ghosts of my own family over there! I have to laugh at the stupid antics of the hosts and crews and consider most of it fake and pure entertainment but occassionlly I must wonder if they truly have stumbled upon a real ghost. And what if it is related to me?
  • Is there life after death? Are people and places haunted? Go on the investigations with this exciting team of expert psychics and investigators and find out for yourself!

The psychics are extremely good and you can learn a lot of what to do and what not to do if ghost hunting is your forte. The only thing that lightly annoys me is that when there is a noise or something, they spin the camera to themselves and their faces instead of where the noise came from, oh well, lol. But they have definately gotten better with more physical results each season. Evette herself has actually gotten very good with her own psychic ability as time has progressed and she's very brave. Derek, who is currently no longer with the team, was definately one of my favorite, spot on with his gifts. And of course David, my other favorite, feels like a brother to me, just that friendly kind of soul energy, and he is very accurate as well. It's a well rounded team. I'm looking forward to the live Halloween show tonight! Happy Halloween Everybody!!!!!!
  • The show about the Haunted shipping yard, can't remember where in England but they picked up on a man that didin't worked there but was hit by one of the worker with there car and was left to die.

Brillant show, because at the begining of the show when evette and carl are talking about the building and the history, I notice that that at three accation that when the camera was on carl there was a puff of mist or smoke appear between carld botoom ear lob and his left shoulder or for people watching the show our right and wasn't shore what I saw so I watched the rerun the next day and taped it and there it was, COOL. I don't know it if the editor picked up on it because they didn't show it at the end, on the overall of the show but I still have the tape because I think it was SWEET FOOTIAGE.
  • PLease, get rid of the screamers!!

2.3
    Screaming is very unprofessional. You never scream or run away. If people are that scared they should not be there! That is the only downfall of the show. You need more people who take the line of work and the field of investigations seriously. I would tell someone to leave my group if they started to scream. Nothing is going to hurt you. Most of the things can be debunked. I wish these people would stop saying they are seeing things in the camera during the show because I haven't seen anything. Just please, stop the screaming. We don't want to see that.
  • Live at the Winchester House is an interesting idea but handled by the wrong group of people. You need the professionals from T.A.P.S. to be invited there. Gasping and wailing makes you all sound like children watching a horror movie!

I was watching your show tonight with a friend who enjoys the ghost shows. When watching, I was surprised that you all thought you could fool anyone with your gasping and shocked faces. One of the first things that I heard the woman say was, "If you are there, give us a sign … touch one of us." Then the big man gasped and looked like he was going to cry when he said he was touched on the shoulder … and then he began to sweat. I asked my friend who that guy was and she said he was a medium. You have got to be kidding!! Someone who is claiming to be a medium is obviously disturbed by a touch that was ASKED for? Get real!! Maybe that is a British thing. Are you just paid to act the script? If this is an acting job and you want more watchers, how about trying to make it a bit more believable? Maybe you need a new scriptwriter. I am not a skeptic of ghosts, spirits, and poltergeists, but I am skeptical of your show! Re: 10/19/2007 10:30pm @ Winchester House Live
  • I think the one who ruins the show is Yvette Fielding.The lights go out, she screams.The camera man is pathetic. All the investigators are wimps.The only brave ones are Derek Acorah, David Wells and Ciarán O'Keeffe. Watch Ghost Hunters and learn.

1.3
    How can I review something that is so phony. I have never seen a group of people so goofy in my life. Derek Acorah, David Wells and Ciarán O'Keeffe get out and save your selfs before you to are a laughing stock. You would think that people who were out looking for ghosts would not be so afraid of what they find. Between the men and women screaming and all of the bleeps covering your foul language the show is truly pathetic. You would think that in the many locations you have visited you would have more proof than lousy little bumps and knocks.It is probably one of your camera or sound men trying to boost ratings for a looser of a show. You all are a joke and should be ashamed of your selfs. I hope you are just good actors and not like this in real life. That would be scary.
1 2 3 4 5 6