Most Haunted

Living (ended 2010)

gabfan31

Most Haunted Fan Reviews page 3 of 5

7.7
  • Another guilty pleasure that's turn-off-the-lights fun.

I started watching a couple of years ago, and now watch weekly. Do I take the show seriously? No, it's reality-tv. What I expect every week is nothing more than what they give me: Yvette Fielding and Company running around a darkened castle or home trying to scare up some fun. This show is often criticized for fakery by fans of "Ghost Hunters", and my reply to that is, "Of course, it's a TV SHOW." Do they exaggerate? Of course. Does TAPS engage in the same thing? Absolutely. They are entertainers dealing with a subject that very few people take seriously fighting for ratings and advertising dollars. We all like to be scared, so both shows have a natural appeal.
    What keeps me coming back to MH is Ciarán O'Keeffe. I love his eye-rolling at the end of every episode. "Ghost Hunters" should hire him, too. I rate this higher than GH simply because they don't claim to be doing scientific research and have a much more interesting musical score and setting. Let's be honest, would you rather watch people walk around a castle, or a supposedly-haunted basement in the 'burbs?
  • Safety first is paramount. Why do the men always ignore the cardinal rule. Protection, protection, protection.

Last night David Wells could not have been more clear. Going in without protection is plain stupid and puts everyone at risk. Karl and Stewart ignored him and the nasties took over. The same thing happened to Richard in Edinburgh in the vaults last Halloween. Wanting to learn and experience is one thing. Male macho ego/stupidity is not acceptible.

When Derek and David and the other mediums say take care they mean it. You are walking into danger.

Firehead Doewoman
  • Okay, I've gotta say... The fact that nothing ever really happens is what makes this show believable. There are no theatrics staged for the viewer, and that keeps us hanging on......

This program has the potential to be riveting, but for God's sake, someone tell the producers to get rid of "medium" Derek Acorah. He lends no credibility to the show with his horrendous playacting and his constant attention drawing antics. I mean, even the investigators look like they're sick of his eye rolling, teeth gnashing drama. And has he ever really been right? I've heard with my own ears David hit the nail right on the head, but all Derek ever seems to come up with is common names, like john or Jack. His ridiculous antics give nothing to the show but exasperation. I've turnes an otherwise really compelling investigation off because of this guy trying to turn "Most Haunted" into the "Derek Acorah Shakesperean Supernatural revival Show." FOr the love of God, someone get rid of this guy!!!
  • After watching seasons 1-9 I would say that this show is so obviously acted out it should be reclassified as fiction. Simply pay attention and a pattern begins to reveal itself.

This show touts itself as "reality" TV but is far from it. The premise of the show is to "investigate" supposed haunted locations in the hopes of gathering some evidence on audio/video.

For example many times you will see the "investigators" attempting to goad a spirit into action. A chair for instance seems to be a favorite. There is more then one episode where the investigators request a spirit to act upon a chair. Notice when they do this the camera(s) never focus on the item while they are attempting to invoke a reaction. Once you hear a sound effect then in sudden fashion they will point the camera to the object while the "investigators" act surprised and amazed at how the chair has moved. My favorite example of this is when there were some investigators in a room with 9 chairs or so. For a minute or two you could hear them commenting on some draging sounds. More then once they mention the chairs in the room yet you never get a steady shot of them. Finally they decide to try and provoke a "spirit" to move a chair. The cameras instead of focusing on the chair they are trying to get the reaction on they decide it's a good time to film the wall. Then suddenly you hear movement, and the investigators amazed at the sudden chair movement, then behold the camera shot of the chair. There is another episode where they go so far as to show a chair being knocked over near a table.. Yet the table just so happens to be blocking half the shot and there is a while table cloth blocking the shot so you can't see under the table. At no time did the camera even bother to look under the table, gee I wonder why. Other times there is behavior change in the actors personalities. For instance "Yvette" is frightened very easily, even to the point of tears just by noises. Yet in another episode she claims to of seen half a persons face right in front of her and her reaction is as if nothing has happened. Scared of noises to the point of tears yet see an apparition in front of your face and have no reaction? Sure.

The theater, the theater.. Such a good spot for this show. Those of you that recall the theater episiode think back to when they had their "medium" on stage and the "investigators" were in the balcony. For at least two minutes all we heard from the investigators was chat about the light being moved. That's great, so why is your camera focused the entire time on your psychic on the stage? You have a camera in your hand yet you do not turn to film that. You instead film a person standing on a stage. I find it quite odd that after 9 seasons of trying to get so called evidence the crew never put cameras in all the "active" rooms of the house. No audio equipment is ever in other rooms of the investigations either. If you're into fake reality TV it's a decent watch. However, if you're under the impression that this is an actual investigation you are sadly misinformed. I give the show a 1 just because the places the crew visits are interesting.
  • love it, has to be on tv in holland !

I used to love this programme. now i live in holland again and i really miss this. they should have this on tv over here. Maybe it will be in the future. I have no idea if it is possible to buy dvd s of the programme. dont no where to look for it. that is why i have signt up here to find out. well anyway i will keep trying. here in holland we dont have anything like it. we have one show about shar but she is not my favourite so i never really watch that. greetings from the netherlands
  • Getting old...but it was and still is quite good.

Entertaining.
    That word sums the show up, pretty much completely.
    It isn't supposed to be anything major, and certainly isn't supposed to be really scary, however it isn't not scary, it has its moments.
    When I say scary, mostly it will be the information at the start of the program, some of the facts are chilling and some of the 'ghosts' that supposedly haunt places can be quite scary if they are aggressive.
    Firstly, I shall say, I am a believer of ghosts, but sometimes I feel that perhaps there is no such thing, but I would say I mostly believe in such entities existing on earth. That said, I don't believe that everything ever seen by people around the world is something 'supernatural'.
    Despite believing in spiritual energy's being situated on earth, I tend to look for logical explanations in ghost stories and hauntings, I take the skeptic view to start with and then try to pick out anything that can be explained as something completely normal, and anything I don't feel can be easily explained, may well be something odd.
    Secondly, I watch the show merely for its regular entertainment value. I do not watch it everyday or every time it is on, but I will watch it occassionally.
    I enjoyed it upon getting into the show, however the show has gone downhill slightly in the way that it gets very repetitive. When I say repetitive, I mean that when nothing is seen ever, but orbs or noises, these can easily be put down to reflection or natural noises in a house or the cast faking it, it can get very much samey.
    Recently I read that Derek was sacked, because he was found to have faked something. So any episodes now I feel I am much more skeptical towards.

It is fairly entertaining and I suggest anyone who hasn't watched it, to watch it to get a feel for it and then either choose whether they believe or disbelieve.
    I'd also say its good for sitting down and watching at night.
  • Yvette Fielding, About the Show, Most Haunted?

Yvette Fielding, The only thing that i don't understand is why are you all so afraid of being in these Haunting Houses and Screaming and Running away when you hear a knock on the wall? Isn't that the reason why you are there to contact these Spirits? I would Love to be there with you while on the show. I think you all are afraid of your own shadow. Please invite me to your Haunting's, I would enjoy doing the thing's you do, and i wouldn't be afraid. Thank You, Ms. Tina
  • Watch Ghost Hunters instead!!

The field of paranormal reasearch is looked down upon by many scientists. There are many reasons but one of them is poeple like the Most Haunted crew. How can any one believe what they say? They never look to see if anything could have caused that sound or light. They just run around screaming at anything that comes their way. If they ever saw a real ghost they would all wet their pants and run fast in the other direction. These people are not ghost hunters, for in order to be one you have to look to see if anyone else in the room could have made that noise. If you want some real ghost hunting action and not just a bunch of sissys then watch Ghost Hunters instead!
  • Enough with the language!!!

Enough with the language already!!!!!! Have you noticed they just keep swearing so you can't hear anything over the beeping? Sometimes I wonder if they sometimes do it just so we can hear anything. On the review part of this they even ask you to keep the language clean. But they can swear all they want on the show!
  • most haunted very good show good ghost stories some things can be put aside and some things cannot

this show is good if you like ghost stories if you dont like them it will be rare tht ull like the show. audio sounds are heard aswel as visual. Some places are really scarier and good some episodes lack. the best epsiodes for most haunted viewers i wud say are: pendle hill live-loads of audio and visual things and some of the crew almost died (really, well 1 for true)becuase they had the sensation of being hung

queen mary-very good got 2 some ppl audio and visual and unexplained footprint

greengate brewery-loads of things happened and a visual of a barrel rolling across the floor back and forth when there is no incline on the floor (floor is completely flat)
  • You want something will keep you on your toes this is the one for you!!!

This programme is fantastic. I have seen many different programmes with mediums going round peoples houses trying to speak with ghosts but this is the best. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I do like the new permanant psychic David but Derek was good. The locations that are picked are fantastic and deep research is done to find the best possible locations where there maybe activity. I have only known a few nights where not much has actually happened. The Most Haunted Lives are fantastic. I love watching the webcams as well as the programmes, if it is possible for you to do I would definitly recommend it. You know your always going to jump when you watch this programme.
  • This show goes against everything I believe in but, I just cant help to watch it!

This show goes against everything I believe in but, I just cant help to watch it! This show is just so suspenseful and it makes me just want more and more, once I even watched it when I was home all alone in the dark, the night before Halloween, yea scary! This is such a great show because it all just seems so real and it makes me really want to believe that there are ghosts out there, It is a weird feeling when those people go in there and then actually either interact with ghosts or just do weird crazy things with the ghosts. I like this show so much because it is very suspenseful and original and frankly it scares the living curd out of me!
  • most haunted live in transylvania.the cast and crew spent 3 nights in one of the most important gothic buildings in central europe preserved in Romania the famous Corvin Castle which once housed Vlad the Impaler whom Dracula was inspired from.

In this Most Haunted Live the streaming which was available on the webcams as well as Living tv caught the cast and crews emotions and actions exactly as they happened which gave a real feel to the show and personal feel to the members of the show.Throughout the show there was accurate information provided as well as on the live site which gave great insight and history to the castle.This truly was a great live show and the cast and crew deserve a medal for putting themselves through the sheer horror of what the castle held.Well Done!!
  • This eposide is so dramatic that you never know what happens. Each eposide is so diffrent that there is always a bone chilling feeling everytime you watch one of these eposides. tune in on this show if you want a bone chilling ecperence.

This is such an edge cutting Show! Each time you watch it it has a thrilling and dramtic turn out. Sometimes they even might get hurt by someone or something thats not living and you never know what will happen. Each october on halloween there is a live eposide and you can send in coments. If you want a thrill on halloween then watch these shows and if not well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then just go do other things that will live up to your action. You need to tune in to all these eposides cuz there all so A-w-e-s-o-m-e

NOW!
  • i just love ghost stories, dont you? this show is fun and informative especially if you want to take a haunted vacation.

by watching this show i know where to go if i want to find ghosts on my travels. i know which hotels to stay in, what cities and even tours. i like the element of suprise and fear, and of course this show gives you the prpoer goose bumps, cause the locations and tall tales just so happen to be true. i really want to visit the stanley hotel where the coolest writer just so happened to stay and write his wonderful novel, "the shining" which scared the pants on everyone. i also like the narrartor. hes got a good voice doesnt he?
  • As my classification explains, its always a case of "Go back! What was that?" for Yvette in Most Haunted.

If you've never watched this before, although you probably have, Most Haunted follows a group of paranormal investigators, Yvette Fielding, the presenter and the crew with one spiritualist medium, formely Derek Acorah, now Gordon Smith. This show is gripping, as some many things happen, beyond this world. Paranormal activity is very high on Most Haunted and entrusted with their handy cameras, the crew are ready to capture any proof, that ghosts and beings after death are here.

Many people mock this show, but, it is very, very, very good as well as informative. Yvette may become scared at some points, but it must be scary in pitch black in a haunted house.

I advise, no, encourage, no, command you to go and watch this show. Now!
  • i love most haunted and try to watch it every day. I LOVE IT.

I try to stay up and watch most haunted everyday and arn't always able to but when i do i love to watch it i dont just watch it because i love seeing evette get scared like some people but i watch it in the hope that proof of paranormal activity is real. I enjoy being scared when things narrowly miss peoples heads and love to find things out about places and people. It always ammazes me that derek gets so right al the time amazing. espesialy the details he goes into i absolutle amazed when derek led you to the wall which a priest was beried them i love most haunted and esspecialy the ones derek apperers in. Keep up the good work.
  • When I first watch this show, I loved it, but over the past year I have been questioning it.

When I first watch this show, I loved it, because I am believer in ghosts and I always watch shows like this when I get a chance to, despite the fact that the feelings isn’t share by some other members of my house. But over the past year, I been questioning the veracity of this show, with various of different news articles about some members of the crew claming that some of the stuff they do is all made up, plus with the rival show “Ghost Hunters” which airs here in the US on the Sci-Fi Channel. This show has taught me to view any and all evidence of haunting with a skeptic eye.

There are numerous of problems that I have with this show, that if are fixed might make this a believable series. One, the camera angles that are used in this show, they focuses to much on the faces of the crew, rather in “Ghost Hunters” they show the investigators and their surrounding in a wide angle. Also, they don’t use scientist equipment to measure the area that they are investigating, which they did in the some of the early episodes, which I liked, they in turn used the crew own personal experience on what is going on with them, which again a person can be tricked easily if a person isn’t trained the right way in how to deal with this subject matter. The thing that really bugs me with this show is their used of mediums, which is a person that again can be easy tricked by the power of suggestion.

Now, if this series installed these improvements, I can view this show as serious investigation into the paranormal like “Ghost Hunters” dose. If, not then I would only view it as entertainment.
  • This is good but...

7.9
    With Ghost Hunters as a rival, this show takes a live spin on haunting. It is a great idea but I am not so thrilled by it because they use psycics. Psycics can be easily faked on television or anywhere for that matter. They offer a little science on the matter but seem to rely more so the psycic and their feelings raither than science where as Ghost Hunters uses only scientific evidence and I personally find that far more compelling and harder to fake. This show does offer a better scare factor with it being live. It can make things far more interesting thus leaving the viewer wondering. It is a decent change of pase
  • Original, fun, and a good way to spend a dark night.

I first started watching Most Haunted via the internet about 3 years ago. Ever since then I have been hooked. It was a very influential show on me because I was going to University for video (particularly sculpted around documentary making). When I saw the kind of things you could do with video and a small crew, I was enamored with trying the same thing myself. Since then I created a mini-series of American shows called "Haunted?".

I think that the historical aspect of the shows are invaluable. Also, the diversity of the crew, too. Definitely worth a watch.
  • This Show Is Amazing, Tantalizing, and captivating.

This show is Excellent! What a cool job to have, I wish I could do this for a living. The mediums they have are Phenomonal! Among the best in the world. In todays day and age we should all take this kind of interests into our daily lives, because it is very real. Those out there that don\'t believe are one of two things; Scared or closed minded, but they will see one day! The way this show is filmed is great and they do a great job if being thorough.
    Every episode leaves me begging for more. Outstanding, and spiritually inviting!
    --Lori Illinois, USA
    Lj82@sbcglobal.net
  • Great Show but......

Most Haunted is a great show but I usually dont watch it because if I do I cant sleep. Where I live it comes on at 10:00pm on Firday, it also comes on at 10:00am Saturday and that is when I watch it, but some times I miss it because I oversleep. This is pathetic because am 14 and shouldn't be scared of this stuff, but this show spook's me. But, I have watched this show. I think that I have seen about 9 episodes. Usually most episodes are repeats. I think that this is one of the best shows ever. I really enjoy watching it. Thats all I have to say for this show.
  • Watch "Ghost Hunters" Instead.

I can't stand this show it's so fake ("Oh look! ghost are throwing books at us!" WTF?!). Unlike "Ghost Hunters", this show focuses on trying to scare you instead of taking a scientific and logical approach to the paranormal. It also brings in the "mediums" which are as fake as John Edwards(Crowned the biggest Douche in the Universe by "South Park" lol). Also, I can't stand the hostess! everytime she talks I want to punch her in the face! Simply put, if you want to watch a good paranormal show watch "Ghost Hunters"!
  • the best paronormal show i have ever seen and will most likely ever see.

well what can i say, well who wouldn't like this? it has everything you could ask for, it is scary and funny has fascinating people etc. But in my opinion i think that most haunted is better now then when derek acorah was in it because i think that Derek would go a bit weird all the time and he also used to say that the ghost's name was John which made me kinda think that he was faking at some bits. I also think that alot more has happened since derek has gone such as them seeing a pair of legs in the new series several more banging noises and voices. I think that some of the best bits in most haunted is where they go on the wigi board because loads of things happen there such as the table lifting of the floor, spirits spelling out their names with the letters on the table etc. I really like looking on the webcams on the computer when the live ones are on. I also like doing the physic art while watching the live ones.I have to say that my favourite bits in most haunted would be when carl and stuart are alone together because they are so funny. my summary for this show would be, TOTALLY AWSEOME.
  • A great show for people who like the paranormal.

A crew spending 24 hours in haunted locations how you could not like this I would never no.
    This show is great, it make you stop and wonder if ghost are real or not. It may even change your mind on the matter. It may even scare you, from is strange noises weird lights and even ghost them self’s. Even though i love the show I don’t like the mediums they bore me and that could be faked. The show also has live events they aren’t as good as the show it’s self but there still interesting and fun to watch.

I highly recommend this show.

• Fantastic show, love every episode. Derek Acorah is fab!! Yvette keep up the screaming. Well done to all the cast and crew.

I have to say that since first starting to watch the show not that long ago I have been stuck like glue to it. There have been some episodes that have been disappointing to me and I am sure to the crew when nothing of any major significance has happened, but the majority of the time I love to watch it. Derek Acorah is a must and I am sad to see that he is not on the new series as much as he should be. Fantastic, a must see. Brilliant!!
  • Boo!

Seriously though, who thought of this? I bet it was like "I know let's get a bunch of people to walk around a house, and put a load of scary faces here and there, tie a bit of string to that chair and pull it, that'll make them believe in ghosts"

I don't really know how I feel about this show, I mean, Yvette REALLY gets on my nerves, it's like one episode was so funny, there was this coffee machine and it turned on, and she screamed for ages, until someone said, "Yvette, it's just gone like that because it's on standby" I was laughing so hard. She basically screams at everything.

I think Deryk is quite a good actor, he sure can do good impressions of dead people, heh, one episode, he was pretending to be an old dude, and he just said "Fanny, Fanny, FANNY!" heh, that was hilarious, and then they went to this gravestone and it was all like "Fanny Jones" or something:P I think I actually saw all this funny stuff on Most Haunted extra.

That's the best bit to watch, cos it's where they put everything they didn't show on the actual show, because it was too humiliating.
  • Is this the proof the world has been waiting for? Have the Most Haunted Crew caught a ghostly face on camera? Take a look for yourself and decide.

The only talking point of this episode is the strange light/orb/face thing caught in Room 10 by Karl Beattie.

Many people are saying that it is a cobweb. well that is an utter load of you know what. A cobweb that big is really going to swoop down after being up all day and then disappear from site. Some people do come up with ridiculous explanations.

I am jot saying it is a ghost, but i AM saying that it is NOT a cobweb.

Other events to happen in this episode are Rachel crying and David Wells being taken over.
  • If you are a paranormal believer then this is the show for you.

This is a cool show for those that are believers in the paramormal. Most Haunted are made up of paranormal investigations into locations that are supposed haunted and the invertigators use scientific equipment as well as psychic mediums to find if the place is really haunted.

I have seen about ten or 15 episodes and they are pretty cool. The way the investigators to find out about hauntings are very interesting. There has been some evidence that cannot be easily explained, and can make those who do not believe in the paranormal think twice before thinking that it is all fake.

I think if someone were to check Most Haunted out they would like it.
  • So a team of "haunting experts" lock themselves in a "haunted house" and film a preposterous TV series around it. I wonder if the "ghosts" get royalties?

OK, this is a cockamamie idea for a TV show, or rather for a production company to pour millions of dollars into a TV series based on "haunting experts" going into various haunted locations, locking themselves in and filming it. If that weren't enough they actually televise it after what appears to be quite skilled and quite clever editing. They prey on the superstitions of people who should frankly know better, they come off like "experts" on a subject where you actually have to die to REALLY know anything about, and then have the gall to actually document, narrate, and finally "explain" the whole thing.

Stay tuned for their new Holiday Special, where they lock themselves in Bloomingdale's and go looking for the ghost of Christmas Past.

The series scores a 2 on my scale for the inventive use of their editing equipment.
1 2 3 4 5