Most Haunted

Living (ended 2010)

Most Haunted Fan Reviews page 4 of 7

7.3
  • All the haunted places in England. Cool. My roots are deep in England. I may be a Yank but I have English blood.

All the haunted places in England. Cool. My roots are deep in England. I may be a Yank but I have English blood. I love castles, I love old taverns, hotels, history that I think my own blood must have travelled by. Then I realise that there could be ghosts of my own family over there! I have to laugh at the stupid antics of the hosts and crews and consider most of it fake and pure entertainment but occassionlly I must wonder if they truly have stumbled upon a real ghost. And what if it is related to me?
  • Is there life after death? Are people and places haunted? Go on the investigations with this exciting team of expert psychics and investigators and find out for yourself!

The psychics are extremely good and you can learn a lot of what to do and what not to do if ghost hunting is your forte. The only thing that lightly annoys me is that when there is a noise or something, they spin the camera to themselves and their faces instead of where the noise came from, oh well, lol. But they have definately gotten better with more physical results each season. Evette herself has actually gotten very good with her own psychic ability as time has progressed and she's very brave. Derek, who is currently no longer with the team, was definately one of my favorite, spot on with his gifts. And of course David, my other favorite, feels like a brother to me, just that friendly kind of soul energy, and he is very accurate as well. It's a well rounded team. I'm looking forward to the live Halloween show tonight! Happy Halloween Everybody!!!!!!
  • The show about the Haunted shipping yard, can't remember where in England but they picked up on a man that didin't worked there but was hit by one of the worker with there car and was left to die.

Brillant show, because at the begining of the show when evette and carl are talking about the building and the history, I notice that that at three accation that when the camera was on carl there was a puff of mist or smoke appear between carld botoom ear lob and his left shoulder or for people watching the show our right and wasn't shore what I saw so I watched the rerun the next day and taped it and there it was, COOL. I don't know it if the editor picked up on it because they didn't show it at the end, on the overall of the show but I still have the tape because I think it was SWEET FOOTIAGE.
  • PLease, get rid of the screamers!!

2.3
    Screaming is very unprofessional. You never scream or run away. If people are that scared they should not be there! That is the only downfall of the show. You need more people who take the line of work and the field of investigations seriously. I would tell someone to leave my group if they started to scream. Nothing is going to hurt you. Most of the things can be debunked. I wish these people would stop saying they are seeing things in the camera during the show because I haven't seen anything. Just please, stop the screaming. We don't want to see that.
  • Live at the Winchester House is an interesting idea but handled by the wrong group of people. You need the professionals from T.A.P.S. to be invited there. Gasping and wailing makes you all sound like children watching a horror movie!

I was watching your show tonight with a friend who enjoys the ghost shows. When watching, I was surprised that you all thought you could fool anyone with your gasping and shocked faces. One of the first things that I heard the woman say was, "If you are there, give us a sign … touch one of us." Then the big man gasped and looked like he was going to cry when he said he was touched on the shoulder … and then he began to sweat. I asked my friend who that guy was and she said he was a medium. You have got to be kidding!! Someone who is claiming to be a medium is obviously disturbed by a touch that was ASKED for? Get real!! Maybe that is a British thing. Are you just paid to act the script? If this is an acting job and you want more watchers, how about trying to make it a bit more believable? Maybe you need a new scriptwriter. I am not a skeptic of ghosts, spirits, and poltergeists, but I am skeptical of your show! Re: 10/19/2007 10:30pm @ Winchester House Live
  • I think the one who ruins the show is Yvette Fielding.The lights go out, she screams.The camera man is pathetic. All the investigators are wimps.The only brave ones are Derek Acorah, David Wells and Ciarán O'Keeffe. Watch Ghost Hunters and learn.

1.3
    How can I review something that is so phony. I have never seen a group of people so goofy in my life. Derek Acorah, David Wells and Ciarán O'Keeffe get out and save your selfs before you to are a laughing stock. You would think that people who were out looking for ghosts would not be so afraid of what they find. Between the men and women screaming and all of the bleeps covering your foul language the show is truly pathetic. You would think that in the many locations you have visited you would have more proof than lousy little bumps and knocks.It is probably one of your camera or sound men trying to boost ratings for a looser of a show. You all are a joke and should be ashamed of your selfs. I hope you are just good actors and not like this in real life. That would be scary.
  • Fake!

4.3
    Definitely more believable in the earlier series but funnier to watch in the more recent series.

I know that this show started off as a 'serious' investigation into the paranormal but I can't help but laugh at how fake some of the occurrences appear to be.

Derek Acorah is quite convincing when he's talking about his guide Sam but when he is taken over by 'evil' spirits I'm not sure anyone believes him whether the phenomenon is real or not. Very fake!

More often than not Yvette Fielding can be the most annoying person on TV. One minute she's pretending to be brave and telling the rest of the team to shut up, the next she's screaming and running away.

Basically I'm not a regular viewer of this programme but sometimes I do watch it for the comedy value when there isn't anything else on.
  • A show about 3 bumbling Brit "Psychics", who stumble around in the dark with next to no real equipment, scaring the be-Jesus out of themselves, pretending to channel spirits, and claiming that dust particles are orbs. LAME-O

1.1
    I can't beleive that they put these boneheads on TV! Derek = the "so-called Psychic", who stares blankly, fakes convulsions, jumps around screaming, and claims to have just channeled a spirit. No electronic equipment to prove this is what just happened, mind you. Karl = "The straight man" for lack of a better use for him, appears to have small function in the group!

Yvette= The "bumbling blond bimbo" who backs into cobwebs, shrieks, and claims to have been touched, all the while seeming to believe the crap which is spewing out of the other two's mouths. Look out! Now she's running away screaming! A piece of dust flew by her.

The equipment = A tape recorder and a camera. No EMF gear, no heat sensing video camera, no infra-red....the list of what they DON'T have goes on and on and on..... ad infinitum!

Entertainment value = Discovery is showing a repeat of the mating rituals of the common house fly...watch that instead!
  • This show is about haunted places, they stay in these haunted houses for like 24 hours at a time and supposedly ALL of them are haunted. (unbelievable)

1.5
    One, this show shouldn't be trusted if you're interested in the paranormal, i'd suggest doing personal research at a library, heck ghost hunters is better than this show lol. In almost every episode derek is possessed, which in theory is improbable because of how often it happens in EVERY place, its fake. Secondly, Yvette is just a freaking crybaby, she screams on every episode and runs, you ARE NOT supposed to do that in a real ghost investigation. Thirdly, this show is a british one, no offense to the british in any way but their shows are all about hype and getting people to watch them. Its a fictional show that deserves a big fat zero, but i gave it a 1.5 to keep some hope alive. (if there is any for this show)
  • Most haunted isnt scary

4.5
    Its one of the least scariest shows on tv. Thank god they got rid of Derek Acorah though coz he was so obviously fake. And very annoying. For anyone who saw Conning the conmen on BBC3, they would know he was proved a fake.
    Anyway.. anyone who says this show is scary must be very weak.. (in a sense of them getting scared easy) because a member of the crew throwing something or moving something or people moving the seance thingys themselves is not at all scary!! There isnt any ghosts, orbs mean nothing and the rest is probably special effects!!
  • stinks

i like wayching a lot of ghost story stuff....but this show has to be the worst one i have ever watched in my life.the psychic derik or what ever his name is...seems to always be off ALOT...hum...dont seem very useful at times..the cast is very funny.they are always yelling and so scared...the show might have a chance if they get rid of not so psychic derik and get a real one or at least a better actor.I also agree with others that they need to show more of the sounds and rooms they are filming instead of their faces.But honestly seen better shows...alot better.
  • Nice!

6.3
    I actually like this show and find it very compelling to watch. Being Australian, it is kind of a history lesson, shown in an interesting way.

I think that the show is credible, as it dosen't go too far. I've watched a show similar that was done here in Australia and it was just stupid. If people believe that it was fake, then wouldn't the producers be making more paranormal activity happen? I also like it, in the way that it balances it up at the end with the right amount of skepticism from the psychologists/ parapsychologist. I do believe that a show like this would work well here in Australia, as it has its own share of ghosts- Port Arthur in Tasmania is a prime example. Being a former Tasmanian, I was told many stories of the ghostly sightings.

If people think that show is silly, then don't watch it.
  • From an American point of view; I find the show incrediably naive. It is interesting viewing the castles of England & Whales. But,I have to "laugh" at the cast; I mean...they are looking for ghosts, but, when they find same....they scream or swear!?

3.1
    Basically, this show has no credibility. From an American
    point of view, it's very naive. There is an American TV Show
    (and probably Web site) called "Ghost Hunters, with Jason Hawes as founder. "Most Haunted" could benefit by viewing same. It's remarkable but when the cast actually does find evidence of a paranormal activity.....they scream or swear!?
    How unprofessional! Another interesting point is....there only seems to be (1) camera!? Daaaaaa???? And, Ghosts are
    expected to perform "on command"....ie..."knock three times
    if you are here"????? Obviously....."EVPS" (tape recorder)
    aren't "big" in England. Or....the cast isn't familar with
    that term. Oh.....but the "psychic" is wonderful! I mean, the viewer does "have his word for it" right?
  • I think Carl and Kathy should take the cameras off their faces and have it pointed on the room instead. How are we going to catch anything as long as they are talking into the cameras? Carl should stop trying to be the Star of the Show.the Spirits are!

First, what a wonderful program to watch! From the time it starts until the time it is over, the audience is always glued to the television. It is obvious that the crew is actually contacting spirits from the other side. Those spirits appreciate someone wanting to contact them to hear their stories. But I think now is the time to progress even further. Instead of always hearing the words: "What was that", now there should be someway to learn more about them. Having a controlled questioning form would really delve into the 'unknown'. We've seen enough of Carl and Kathy's faces in the cameras. How about having a camera already set up in the rooms. You hear the team talk about not being able to see 'anything', how about having a low-light in place? If the team can't see 'anything', how are they going to see an apparition? How are we going to see an apparition? Trying different techniques would keep the program interesting. Delving into the unknown should be moving forward, not staying in the past!!!!!
  • Yvette Fielding and her husband and a bunch of friends go in search of ghosts.

7.6
    Initially the series was fantastic, quick and opened our minds to the paranormal world, with live shows to boost the goosebumps on our bodies, but now it seems to be slipping. I never liked Derek Akorah as in my eyes he was too obviously fake, the newer guy is far better as seems more legit. And bringing in Paul Ross was just wrong. The series needs to fine tune itself now if it is to redeem itself, otherwise it will be Bye Bye Most Haunted. It will lose it's fans if it goes down the road of being cheese on a stick which is what it is beginning to turn into. Back to the basics please.
  • Stupid.

they scream during the whole investigation!! that is really annoying, goodness gracious, people shut-up!! Ghost Hunters is way way way Better, yes I said it GH is much better. they actually don't scream everytime they hear a bump, this show needs to go away, its dumb. I also hear its fake, which is probably true, these people are boring they need some personalty, seriously people don't waste your time on this show, its an awful excuse fora ghost show. I mean all the others are so good, what happened to this one? If you wanna see real ghost hunting done right, watch Ghost Hunters, its so much better than this ignorant scream-a-thon.
  • Another guilty pleasure that's turn-off-the-lights fun.

I started watching a couple of years ago, and now watch weekly. Do I take the show seriously? No, it's reality-tv. What I expect every week is nothing more than what they give me: Yvette Fielding and Company running around a darkened castle or home trying to scare up some fun. This show is often criticized for fakery by fans of "Ghost Hunters", and my reply to that is, "Of course, it's a TV SHOW." Do they exaggerate? Of course. Does TAPS engage in the same thing? Absolutely. They are entertainers dealing with a subject that very few people take seriously fighting for ratings and advertising dollars. We all like to be scared, so both shows have a natural appeal.
    What keeps me coming back to MH is Ciarán O'Keeffe. I love his eye-rolling at the end of every episode. "Ghost Hunters" should hire him, too. I rate this higher than GH simply because they don't claim to be doing scientific research and have a much more interesting musical score and setting. Let's be honest, would you rather watch people walk around a castle, or a supposedly-haunted basement in the 'burbs?
  • Safety first is paramount. Why do the men always ignore the cardinal rule. Protection, protection, protection.

Last night David Wells could not have been more clear. Going in without protection is plain stupid and puts everyone at risk. Karl and Stewart ignored him and the nasties took over. The same thing happened to Richard in Edinburgh in the vaults last Halloween. Wanting to learn and experience is one thing. Male macho ego/stupidity is not acceptible.

When Derek and David and the other mediums say take care they mean it. You are walking into danger.

Firehead Doewoman
  • Okay, I've gotta say... The fact that nothing ever really happens is what makes this show believable. There are no theatrics staged for the viewer, and that keeps us hanging on......

This program has the potential to be riveting, but for God's sake, someone tell the producers to get rid of "medium" Derek Acorah. He lends no credibility to the show with his horrendous playacting and his constant attention drawing antics. I mean, even the investigators look like they're sick of his eye rolling, teeth gnashing drama. And has he ever really been right? I've heard with my own ears David hit the nail right on the head, but all Derek ever seems to come up with is common names, like john or Jack. His ridiculous antics give nothing to the show but exasperation. I've turnes an otherwise really compelling investigation off because of this guy trying to turn "Most Haunted" into the "Derek Acorah Shakesperean Supernatural revival Show." FOr the love of God, someone get rid of this guy!!!
  • After watching seasons 1-9 I would say that this show is so obviously acted out it should be reclassified as fiction. Simply pay attention and a pattern begins to reveal itself.

This show touts itself as "reality" TV but is far from it. The premise of the show is to "investigate" supposed haunted locations in the hopes of gathering some evidence on audio/video.

For example many times you will see the "investigators" attempting to goad a spirit into action. A chair for instance seems to be a favorite. There is more then one episode where the investigators request a spirit to act upon a chair. Notice when they do this the camera(s) never focus on the item while they are attempting to invoke a reaction. Once you hear a sound effect then in sudden fashion they will point the camera to the object while the "investigators" act surprised and amazed at how the chair has moved. My favorite example of this is when there were some investigators in a room with 9 chairs or so. For a minute or two you could hear them commenting on some draging sounds. More then once they mention the chairs in the room yet you never get a steady shot of them. Finally they decide to try and provoke a "spirit" to move a chair. The cameras instead of focusing on the chair they are trying to get the reaction on they decide it's a good time to film the wall. Then suddenly you hear movement, and the investigators amazed at the sudden chair movement, then behold the camera shot of the chair. There is another episode where they go so far as to show a chair being knocked over near a table.. Yet the table just so happens to be blocking half the shot and there is a while table cloth blocking the shot so you can't see under the table. At no time did the camera even bother to look under the table, gee I wonder why. Other times there is behavior change in the actors personalities. For instance "Yvette" is frightened very easily, even to the point of tears just by noises. Yet in another episode she claims to of seen half a persons face right in front of her and her reaction is as if nothing has happened. Scared of noises to the point of tears yet see an apparition in front of your face and have no reaction? Sure.

The theater, the theater.. Such a good spot for this show. Those of you that recall the theater episiode think back to when they had their "medium" on stage and the "investigators" were in the balcony. For at least two minutes all we heard from the investigators was chat about the light being moved. That's great, so why is your camera focused the entire time on your psychic on the stage? You have a camera in your hand yet you do not turn to film that. You instead film a person standing on a stage. I find it quite odd that after 9 seasons of trying to get so called evidence the crew never put cameras in all the "active" rooms of the house. No audio equipment is ever in other rooms of the investigations either. If you're into fake reality TV it's a decent watch. However, if you're under the impression that this is an actual investigation you are sadly misinformed. I give the show a 1 just because the places the crew visits are interesting.
  • love it, has to be on tv in holland !

I used to love this programme. now i live in holland again and i really miss this. they should have this on tv over here. Maybe it will be in the future. I have no idea if it is possible to buy dvd s of the programme. dont no where to look for it. that is why i have signt up here to find out. well anyway i will keep trying. here in holland we dont have anything like it. we have one show about shar but she is not my favourite so i never really watch that. greetings from the netherlands
  • Getting old...but it was and still is quite good.

Entertaining.
    That word sums the show up, pretty much completely.
    It isn't supposed to be anything major, and certainly isn't supposed to be really scary, however it isn't not scary, it has its moments.
    When I say scary, mostly it will be the information at the start of the program, some of the facts are chilling and some of the 'ghosts' that supposedly haunt places can be quite scary if they are aggressive.
    Firstly, I shall say, I am a believer of ghosts, but sometimes I feel that perhaps there is no such thing, but I would say I mostly believe in such entities existing on earth. That said, I don't believe that everything ever seen by people around the world is something 'supernatural'.
    Despite believing in spiritual energy's being situated on earth, I tend to look for logical explanations in ghost stories and hauntings, I take the skeptic view to start with and then try to pick out anything that can be explained as something completely normal, and anything I don't feel can be easily explained, may well be something odd.
    Secondly, I watch the show merely for its regular entertainment value. I do not watch it everyday or every time it is on, but I will watch it occassionally.
    I enjoyed it upon getting into the show, however the show has gone downhill slightly in the way that it gets very repetitive. When I say repetitive, I mean that when nothing is seen ever, but orbs or noises, these can easily be put down to reflection or natural noises in a house or the cast faking it, it can get very much samey.
    Recently I read that Derek was sacked, because he was found to have faked something. So any episodes now I feel I am much more skeptical towards.

It is fairly entertaining and I suggest anyone who hasn't watched it, to watch it to get a feel for it and then either choose whether they believe or disbelieve.
    I'd also say its good for sitting down and watching at night.
  • Yvette Fielding, About the Show, Most Haunted?

Yvette Fielding, The only thing that i don't understand is why are you all so afraid of being in these Haunting Houses and Screaming and Running away when you hear a knock on the wall? Isn't that the reason why you are there to contact these Spirits? I would Love to be there with you while on the show. I think you all are afraid of your own shadow. Please invite me to your Haunting's, I would enjoy doing the thing's you do, and i wouldn't be afraid. Thank You, Ms. Tina
  • Watch Ghost Hunters instead!!

The field of paranormal reasearch is looked down upon by many scientists. There are many reasons but one of them is poeple like the Most Haunted crew. How can any one believe what they say? They never look to see if anything could have caused that sound or light. They just run around screaming at anything that comes their way. If they ever saw a real ghost they would all wet their pants and run fast in the other direction. These people are not ghost hunters, for in order to be one you have to look to see if anyone else in the room could have made that noise. If you want some real ghost hunting action and not just a bunch of sissys then watch Ghost Hunters instead!
  • Enough with the language!!!

Enough with the language already!!!!!! Have you noticed they just keep swearing so you can't hear anything over the beeping? Sometimes I wonder if they sometimes do it just so we can hear anything. On the review part of this they even ask you to keep the language clean. But they can swear all they want on the show!
  • most haunted very good show good ghost stories some things can be put aside and some things cannot

this show is good if you like ghost stories if you dont like them it will be rare tht ull like the show. audio sounds are heard aswel as visual. Some places are really scarier and good some episodes lack. the best epsiodes for most haunted viewers i wud say are: pendle hill live-loads of audio and visual things and some of the crew almost died (really, well 1 for true)becuase they had the sensation of being hung

queen mary-very good got 2 some ppl audio and visual and unexplained footprint

greengate brewery-loads of things happened and a visual of a barrel rolling across the floor back and forth when there is no incline on the floor (floor is completely flat)
  • You want something will keep you on your toes this is the one for you!!!

This programme is fantastic. I have seen many different programmes with mediums going round peoples houses trying to speak with ghosts but this is the best. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I do like the new permanant psychic David but Derek was good. The locations that are picked are fantastic and deep research is done to find the best possible locations where there maybe activity. I have only known a few nights where not much has actually happened. The Most Haunted Lives are fantastic. I love watching the webcams as well as the programmes, if it is possible for you to do I would definitly recommend it. You know your always going to jump when you watch this programme.
  • This show goes against everything I believe in but, I just cant help to watch it!

This show goes against everything I believe in but, I just cant help to watch it! This show is just so suspenseful and it makes me just want more and more, once I even watched it when I was home all alone in the dark, the night before Halloween, yea scary! This is such a great show because it all just seems so real and it makes me really want to believe that there are ghosts out there, It is a weird feeling when those people go in there and then actually either interact with ghosts or just do weird crazy things with the ghosts. I like this show so much because it is very suspenseful and original and frankly it scares the living curd out of me!
  • most haunted live in transylvania.the cast and crew spent 3 nights in one of the most important gothic buildings in central europe preserved in Romania the famous Corvin Castle which once housed Vlad the Impaler whom Dracula was inspired from.

In this Most Haunted Live the streaming which was available on the webcams as well as Living tv caught the cast and crews emotions and actions exactly as they happened which gave a real feel to the show and personal feel to the members of the show.Throughout the show there was accurate information provided as well as on the live site which gave great insight and history to the castle.This truly was a great live show and the cast and crew deserve a medal for putting themselves through the sheer horror of what the castle held.Well Done!!
  • This eposide is so dramatic that you never know what happens. Each eposide is so diffrent that there is always a bone chilling feeling everytime you watch one of these eposides. tune in on this show if you want a bone chilling ecperence.

This is such an edge cutting Show! Each time you watch it it has a thrilling and dramtic turn out. Sometimes they even might get hurt by someone or something thats not living and you never know what will happen. Each october on halloween there is a live eposide and you can send in coments. If you want a thrill on halloween then watch these shows and if not well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then just go do other things that will live up to your action. You need to tune in to all these eposides cuz there all so A-w-e-s-o-m-e

NOW!