Movin' On

NBC (ended 1976)

bohn007

Movin' On Fan Reviews (4)

7.9
  • Blast From The Past

This is a great show. I've loved big trucks since I was a kid. It must be a fever. Anyways I was watching American Trucker and someone on that show refered to this show, Movin' On. I'd never heard of it, found it on thought what the heck I'll give it a try and now I'm hooked. I can't believe how entertaining this show is for being filmed back in the '70's. It's a nice break from all the reality shows. Thank you for offering this show. But please load Season 2 I'm almost done with Season 1.
  • 2 truckers doing what they do best

This show was pretty good in its time but nobody would begin to understand it now. This show had enough influence that they even had models you could buy of the truck so what did I do being the 9 year old I was at the time...asked for one and built the thing on Christmas Day as "Santa" brought one for me. I loved that thing and it was kept in the house until my parents decided to have a garage sale after I left for the military. It was a sad loss but something about the show made me like it...kinda like listening to C.W. McCall's "Convoy" back then.
  • This show is about 2 truckers hauling mining equipment to a coal mines, located in the southern part of West Virginia.

"Prosperity Number One" is about 2 truckers (Will and Sonny) hauling some mining equipment to a mines in West Virginia. They came upon a picket line, and was unable to cross. There was even a mine explosion, and Will and Sonny helped to rescue the trapped miners. Guest stars was Patricia Neal, her daugher, Tessa Dahl, Will Smith, George Merril, and others that I cant think of. It was filmed in Prosperity, West Virginia, just outside of Beckley, West Virginia. I was an extra in this show, and I would love to find out how I can go about getting a copy of this show.
  • My favorite show when I was 8 years old was “Movin On” staring Claude Akins and Frank Converse. It was a show about independent truckers moving loads around the nation in their big rigs. Fighting corruption along the way.

My favorite show when I was 8 years old was “Movin On” staring Claude Akins and Frank Converse. The opening credits can be viewed at Youtube.

Truckerflicks.com has the DVDs for sale.